Striker Extreme Voltage Advice

I've been testing a lot of Corsair RAM, and sadly they seem to have lots of bad modules ... the funny thing is, this only happens with their XMS TwinX series and Dominator .. you'd think it's the top-of-the-line high quality stuff eh? Their value series never give me problems :rolleyes:

My experiences obvously differ quite a bit from yours. I've yet to see bad Corsair ram. I use and abuse alot of it too.

Ha ha ha, excellent, trust me to pick Corsair :rolleyes: .

I still I think it was that bad RAM stick that killed my mobo.

Ha ha ha, excellent, trust me to pick Corsair :rolleyes: .

I still I think it was that bad RAM stick that killed my mobo.

It could have been a defective module that killed your motherboard. It was more than likely your motherboard that killed the ram chip. The fact is we will never actually know what happened to your board.

I've found Corsair memory to be some of the best performing, best overclocking, and most reliable on the market. Albiet not the cheapest. Sometimes the prices are astronomically high. I've abused countless pairs of Corsair memory chip. For the longest time it's practically all I'd buy. Every now and then, (like now) I'll grab something else if there is a better price/performance part out there that does the job as well or reasonably close.

I used to buy Crucial RAM, always been nice and solid for me and I've never really been one for overclocking that far but I thought with this machine I'd go for the top end stuff and everyone raves about Corsair.

What's the appeal of OCZ? I see a lot of people using their RAM these days.

I used to buy Crucial RAM, always been nice and solid for me and I've never really been one for overclocking that far but I thought with this machine I'd go for the top end stuff and everyone raves about Corsair.

What's the appeal of OCZ? I see a lot of people using their RAM these days.

The OCZ ram is pretty good and it's alot cheaper than the Corsair memory. In fact many times they use the same chips. (Albiet different PCB's)

In some cases I've had better luck with the OCZ ram than I have with the Corsair. I made mention of this in the Biostar T-Force P965 Deluxe Review. I tried the Corsair and got pitiful results. I believe I used some PC8000UL or PC8500 modules. Not sure. I knew Kyle had achieved 501MHz FSB with a 1:1 ratio and figured it couldn't be the CPU or the board. So I installed my 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ XTC PC2-7200 SLI EPP modules and took it for a spin. I was able to get the memory to do 500.5MHz (1001MHz DDR2) without difficulty. That allowed me to reach the 500MHz FSB that Kyle did. Whereas I couldn't with the Corsair for some reason. Even though the Corsair memory I used was rated for 1000MHz.

Also, I went with the memory in my sig over the Corsair Dominator modules because of price. The Corsair PC8888 modules are about $100 more than the modules I ordered.

Checked again last night. SLI memory is disabled for certain. Is a curious one.

Either way all the high performance chips are made by Micron anyways ... just that the PCB's are created by each manufacturer.

OCZ is good stuff at a lower cost, but I find most of the time they need higher voltages compared to their Corsair counterpart.

Either way all the high performance chips are made by Micron anyways ... just that the PCB's are created by each manufacturer.

OCZ is good stuff at a lower cost, but I find most of the time they need higher voltages compared to their Corsair counterpart.

That they do. My other OCZ memory likes 2.3v. Most memory like it only needs 2.1v.

Been reading this thread and a lot of people talk about the Corsair RAM and the ASUS Striker mobo - I have both, the RAM is the CM2X1024 (2x1GB) - my PC crashes ALL the time. I've changed the memory speed to 4-4-4-12 and to 5-5-5-12.. I've boosted the voltage to 2.10v.. nothing seems to make it behave any better (actually, the voltage reduced the crashing a bit). Could this be bad memory? I've tried with just a single stick too.

Been reading this thread and a lot of people talk about the Corsair RAM and the ASUS Striker mobo - I have both, the RAM is the CM2X1024 (2x1GB) - my PC crashes ALL the time. I've changed the memory speed to 4-4-4-12 and to 5-5-5-12.. I've boosted the voltage to 2.10v.. nothing seems to make it behave any better (actually, the voltage reduced the crashing a bit). Could this be bad memory? I've tried with just a single stick too.

Which specific modules do you have?

Btw as a happy ending to this problem I have got my PC built up again using the new Striker Extreme I was sent by OcUK and it's solid as a rock, not a single hang, crash or blue screen. I'm only using crappy standard 512GB RAM nabbed from a machine in work, as my Corsair stuff is still in California, but it's working flawlessly so I'm not complaining.

This BIOS is picking up the correct memory timings and SLI memory settings which my last one didn't so perhaps this is a new revision or something.

Who knows but it works so I'm not looking to flash the BIOS until something goes awry.

After weeks of work, time to enjoy my new computer!

:D

Just thought i'd add to this thread as i was also having instability issues with my system:
Striker Extreme (Bios 802), Quad Core QX6700, 2gig (2x1gig) Corsair Dominator PC2-8500.

I managed to get it to stay 100% stable after forcing the voltages to default settings, for some reason when using AUTO the motherboard was jacking my 1.2HT voltage up to 1.5v?
with CPU at 1333mhz fsb, x10. and ram on 800mhz, 5,5,5,15,2T,22.
these are my rock solid voltages manually set in the mobo bios:

Vcore = 1.35v
Memory = 1.9v (i'm aware that my ram prefers 2.1v-2.3v but it's stable at 1.9v on these clocks.)
1.2HT = 1.20v
NB Voltage = 1.35v
SB Voltage = 1.50v
CPU VTT Voltage = 1.25v

i've currently got my CPU set at 1250fsb, x12. and my ram is on 833.3mhz, 5,5,5,15,2T,22.
i left my machine running a 5 hour stability test on the above forced voltages this morning, will check it when i get home. and if the test passed, i'll start lowering the ram timings! (my ideal would be the highest fsb i can get at 1T timings.)

I really need some help badly :(

I bought a striker extreme and updated to official 803 bois. I had 701 but had many memory issues (and still do with 803). I have the corsair 6400C4 PRO sticks (4GB) but I am having serious issues with my motherboard.

For instance, the momery is said to be set at 2.1, IT wont work at 2.1v so I have to use at least 2.2-2.3v. Everytime I put in 4gb it blue screens before I get into windows. The 2gb most of the time wont boot either just getting the DET DRAM lcd post.

I have auto set everything to no avail then set everything to 4,4,4,12 with some luck and 5,5,5,12 on 4gb doesnt work. Im all out of ideas. I only ever set the voltage on ram and cas settings though. Any memory genius' out there? :)

Thank you!!!

I've been struggling with my Striker Extreme and 4 gigs of Corsair 6400C4. The only way I found so far is to "downgrade" the memory to 667 MHz. Running 4 gigs at 800 MHz has not been an option since it just lead to numerous BSODs.

I tried the 803 bios but that just led to all kinds of other trouble for me so I'm back to 701.

/PorkLip

Thats good to hear porklip i'm glad i'm not the only one having issues. Could you please tell me how to set the ram to 667?

Also I really would appreciate if you could write down your settings for me in the other sections so I have an idea of what mine should be.

Thank you so much, the first person who is experiencing the same issues :)
Does anyone know what ram can work above 800mhz in a 4gb configuration?

Also would it hurt the ram running at 2.3v im new to the whole advanced bios thing, ill be honest im an ex dell user ;) Also I have sli memory set to expert???

Thanks again.

Hey, it would still be great if you could publish your settings porklip, just something that may be of interest to you, I can now run (stable) my ram in 4gb. Its running at 2.3v ai tuning to manual and all the cas timings in. Its odd, there is quite the process to it I am working out.

install normal ram.
load up into bios
set ai tuning to manual.
change the memory timings to 4,4,4,12,2
change the memory voltage to 2.3v
install one stick to test its working and load bios, set memory to SLI expert.
install second stick. make sure its all working. turn off.
install sticks 1 & 3 and load up.

That works, well lets hope it still works next boot ;) The ram worries me, like i said i know nothing about settings but from what i read 2.3v should be fine if its rated on 2.1v is that right? It's bloody hot to touch after having it running 100% under load for 30mins i turned off and can only touch the heat sinks for about 10seconds or so.

Is this bad or does ram normally run that hot?

ok no supprises, it only worked for first boot, vista threw 2 blue screens before it loaded. its not working now so please let me know the 667 workaround and the settings. thanks!

I can't for the life of me remember where I read it, but I saw yesterday somewhere that there is a new 0901 BIOS out for the Striker which is supposed to help with the Corsair 6400C4 PRO modules specifically.

You might want to try getting the new BIOS.. Let's hope this one doesn't have the same dramas the 0803 BIOS had!

Hi WorthIT, im looking everywhere for 0901 bios for striker extreme but cant find it anywhere. I am going to be stoaked if it works though! Can you remember where you found it?

It seems to work sort of at 667 for 4gb. its funny, i disabled sli and it works better but its running at 2.3v...

I did some searching and found where I read this from - The following is quoted from XtremeSystems.org.

<<QUOTE>>
I read somewhere you can order a bios chip from asus, on a german website one user claimed he got one with 0804 bios on it. Apparently it's true here's the release info of 0804 and 0901 bios ( soon to come )

BIOS version: 0901 Date:02/07/2007

01.Modify Corsair CM2X1024-10000C5D & Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4D patch rule
02.Fixed FSB 1333Mhz CPU clock incorrect
03.Fixed sometime the CPU VID table will be dystroyed
04.Fixed Vcore error when CMOS checksum fail.
05.Fixed summary page "CPU ID/ucode ID" string will show to "CPU ID/uc"
06.Patch Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4D to fit H/W Request
07.Update EZ-Flash to B319 :
a.Fixed error occurs when there is only a SATA ODD connected and legacy floppy is disable.
b.Fixed if the last byte of the bios date is aligning on 16bytes
08.Fixed SETUP hang on when item position at "Internal Connector LED" in Triditional Chinese mode

BIOS version: 0804 Date:01/26/2007

01.Set H/W Monitor Voltage warning range from 1.00V~1.65V for Conroe & Kensfield CPU
02.Fixed system hang when Music Alarm play length to 1 hour.
03.Fixed when press ALT+F2 to decompress AWDFLASH.EXE,press 'TAB'(or 'ESC'), 'F8' or 'DEL' key still can work
04.Fixed Music Alarm auto shutdown when use Presler 3.4GHz CPU &WD1200 HDD & ASUS DRW1612BL.
05.Fixed show "error loading operation system" when use CHS mode PATA HDD and "Access Mode" select CHS.
06.Patch Corsair CM2X1024-10000C5D Voltage when Memory Overclocking
07.Fix error occurs when there is only a SATA ODD connected and legacy floppy is disable.(B318a)
08.Fixed Samsung HDD install win-xp failed message "error loading operation system".
(Note: boot partation is partationed in Large Mode) (Fixed show missing operating system when use CHS mode HDD)
09.Change Max FSB to 650MHz on AI-Booster
10.Fixed CPR fail if overclock too much.
<</QUOTE>>

WARNING: I have no idea of this link or the contained bios' validity so please flash at your own risk.

I hope it helps anyway: -
http://users.pandora.be/OAP/Striker0901/

To set the memory to 667 MHz enter BIOS Setup and under Etreme Tweaker change
AI Tuning to Manual . Then enter FSB & Memory config and set FSB -Memory Clock Mode to Unlinked. It should now be possible to to change the MEM DDR, MHZ from 800 to 667.

The 804 and 901 bios looks promising but I'll wait until I at least can find them here ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/Stricker Extreme

/PorkLip

Thanks guys this is great to know. I was just wondering, it will be interesting to see if this fixes the 4gb issue with 800mhz ram stability. Is the 6400C4D similar to the 6400C4 PRO worthIT?

I figured out how to set my ram to 667 thanks porklip it seems to be a lot moore stable now. I still think I have to go down to the local computer store to get some crappy 1.8v ddr2 ram just for when I get stuck becuase when things go bad it (if I fiddle with settings) i can usually only boot on one stick. I found the SLI memory setting worked turned off better.

In vista it said my ram at 800mhz and sli on (when it booted only once) was a rating of 4.8
With sli mode off and 667 it ranks at 5.2, go figure!!!

Patch 901 will be very interesting indeed, hopefully it fixes most our our issues including the ram boot voltage!

Thanks again for all the info worthIT , i dont know if I should flash now or when it becomes an offical release. It is nice to know however that there may be a fix in place. I think its pretty stupid that the 6400C4 PRO is certified to run with this board in corsair's charts yet its very very difficult right off the bat.

I've also noticed that the Windows Experince index went upp when i ran my 800 MHz memory at 667 MHz. Doesn't make much sense to me but at least my system is stable now.

/Pontus

ok, so I go to boot up my system this morning after I had it all working last night. I turn it on and it wont boot. I havent gone into bios or changed any settings, it just comes up CPU INIT on the LCD poster. what the hell is with this crappy motherboard it really does suck! I havent touched anything and now it just wont boot.

I just gave my mates ram back so now Im stuck with a machine that just wont boot. Who the hell designs a motherboard that cant even boot with recommended memory at any voltage, I mean really????

Any ideas what may be happening would be greatly appreciated guys, Im getting so frustrated with ASUS. what would be the most reliable / FAST ram for this board in a 4GB config do you think?

I got stuck in the CPU INIT phase after upgrading to the 803 BIOS. It worked for a day or 2 after the upgrade and then it got stuck on CPU INIT when i turned it on. I tried to reset CMOS (there's instructions in the manual on page 2-21 how this is done) but this didn't work. I even removed the battery and had the system unplugged for a while but that didn't help either. I really thought the board was dead when I removed a stick of RAM and restarted and then it booted as normally. I'm not 100% sure it was the removal of the RAM or a longer period of no power that was solution but what ever it was it worked.

Are you using the 803 BIOS? I tried it but after it was removed from the ASUS site and I encountered the CPU INIT problem I went back to 701.

/PorkLip

Hey Porklip, yeah I did the bios flash to 803 when it was official. I only did it to fix the RAM. I can now load on one stick so I will try more again tonight. Can you please send me your settings for your ram to work on the 701 bios. It would be good to see how you have your 4gb working as in what settings you have changed and what have been left as default at 667mhz.

I was thinking of doing 901 tonight but stil a little weary.
Please let me know ASAP settings as I am going to try it all tonight :)

Thanks buddy,
-Dom

Hello Domenick and everybody else with a striker,

I've been doing alot of reasearch on this board as i have one myself and what i've found out so far (through research and my own testing) ...

DO NOT USE BIOS .803: - Bios version 803 was removed from the asus website for a reason, it has been known to cause some users to have a completely corrupt bios making them have to pay $5 for a bios replacement, and/or otherwise it's had alot of other bad issues. - i personally use bios version 802 and it seems to be working fine for me so far. (i don't have a link for bios 802 handy right now, google it.) - otherwise if you can't get hold of bios 802, please stick to bios version 701.

RAM SLI SETTING: - if you plan to manually set your own timings and voltages, please turn this OFF or set it to EXPERT. if you use any setting other than those two, the motherboard will automatically setup the ram timings and overwrite any timings that you have manually specified yourself.

4GB RAM+: - when using more than 2GB's of ram, running in 1T mode is almost impossible, please only use 2T timings for more than 2GB's of ram... - of course you can run in 1T with more than 2GB's of ram but you'll have to knock the fsb down to around 650 - 700mhz. - i'm hoping a new bios revision will allow you to run the fsb higher on 1T with more than 2GB's of ram.

MEMORY VOLTAGE: - the striker appears to like more than the usual amount of volts on your ram than most other boards, however try not to go too high... i would suggest 2.3v being your maximum setting otherwise the chips really do start to get hot! (at 2.3v with my dominators my temp probes read about 55c).

VOLTAGES OVERVOLTING: - This board seems to be overvolting practically all the voltages for some reason, i.e. 2.25v in bios = 2.3v in asus pc probe ii. same is true for most of the other voltages, so bare this in mind...

1.2VHT ON AUTO: - when setting this voltage to AUTO, my board was shoving it right up to 1.5v for some unknown reason! not sure if this is happening to you aswell, but my advice to you all is to set your voltages manually in order to eliminate the board upping the voltage unnecissairily (god i can't spell that word).

CPU VTT VOLTAGE: - from what i've read, and have kinda half researched myself, setting the CPU VTT voltage to 1.55v doesn't seem to make a difference in terms of temperature to your cpu/board, however it appears (atleast in most cases) to allow your board to overclock and sit alot more stable. - so i suggest putting this to 1.5v or 1.55v if you are having stability problems, and see if that solves the issue.

DEFAULT VOLTAGES: - incase you want the default voltages for most configurations, this is what i'd use:
Vcore = 1.35v
Memory = 2.25v
1.2HT = 1.25v
NB Voltage = 1.35v
SB Voltage = 1.50v
CPU VTT Voltage = 1.25v

MY SETTINGS: - finally, my settings for 2gb's of corsair dominix pc2-8500 c5's;
Mem FSB = 844mhz
mem timings = 4,4,4,12,1T,18,(rest on auto)
Vcore = 1.35v
Memory = 2.25v
1.2HT = 1.25v
NB Voltage = auto
SB Voltage = auto
CPU VTT Voltage = 1.50v

I hope all this helps some of you, good luck! and those of you testing the 901 bios please let me know how it goes! ;D

Well, I installed 901 bios, it works fine, so i installed 1 stick of ram on auto settings things worked. I then installed the second stick, didnt work. I then took it out and rebooted with 1 stick, 1 stick everything on auto doesnt work again. Man I really hate this striker board. Asus have really dropped the ball on this one. I have no idea why it wont work with my ram when corsair specifically claim it works.

Any ideas ppl?

Hi Drazek, thanks so much for all the information, looks like you have really done your homework! I am trying to get everything working without overclocking and it is getting very difficult. I will try out your settings though, its really good!

Thanks again, looks like ill try out 901 for a bit ;)

I havent changed much in the BIOS setup. Under Etreme Tweaker I've set
AI Tuning = Manual
SLI-Ready memory = Expert

Further down under FSB & Memory Config I've set
FSB - Memory Clock Mode = Unlinked
MEM (DDR), MHz = 667

So I've just enabled my SLI-memory and then under clocked the memory to 667 MHz.

So far my system have been very stable with this config (not a single crash or BSOD). But it is a bit annoying to run the memory at 667 MHz when it should work at 800 MHz according to ASUS and Corsair.

I've also noticed that some voltages are a bit high when setting SLI-Ready Memory to expert but I haven't dared to start fiddling with those as long as the system is stable. But now when Drazek has provided us with default voltages I might at least lower the ones that generates warnings in the PC Probe software that came with the Striker.

I might add that there also seems to be a problem in Vista with systems equiped with more than 3 GB of ram http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929777 . I have not installed this patch myself and will probably wait a while since my system seems to be stable at the moment.

/PorkLip

Well boys, im so over having a machine that doesn't work so I officially give up. I have put in for a refund for my ram as it doesn't work as it states on the corsair website, weather this happens or not is another story.

I think ill just go for some 667 ram or something. Anyone have any recommendations for ram guaranteed to work at AUTO settings in a 4GB config on the Striker Extreme?

Thanks again for all your help guys.
Here's to a functioning computer one day ;)

Sorry Domenick, I have no idea of the difference between the 6400C4 Pro and the 6400C4, other than the fact one has LEDs on top..

Have you tried applying the various patches and fixes for both Vista using 4GB of RAM?

Does your board work with 2 GBs of RAM? It might be a software issue, as I think Porklip might have found out.. I think I read that in the Asus forums.

Good luck to you anyway - I hope it all works out.

Hey there guys, no need for apologies, you guys have been so great helping me out!

I looked at the patch for vista 64 and it turns out it doesn't apply to my version when I tried installing it. I must have already installed it previously on the auto updates. I just spoke with my motherboard supplier and he has very generously offered to take a look at the board for me so I will send down the ram with it so he can take a look over it on the weekend.

Depending on the outcome I may stick with the corsair or go to OCZ he said there shouldn't be any compatibility issues. I currently have 1 stick working, I wont test my luck with 2 ;) So tomorrow I'll take it all apart, hopefully he can make some sense of everything and if not at least we single out what the problem is the ram or the mobo.

Either way I will keep you all posted just in case someone else has the same problem :)
Thanks again guys, hopefully we can keep this thread open a little longer.

Was the only software issue you are referring to the 4GB patch fix worthIT?

-Dom

Yeah it was.. I made a mistake writing the word "both" in that sentence.

I remember reading about a 4GB RAM 'Hardware remapping' fix on Asus' website. I originally wrote that down alongside the Vista software fix, but then remembered that the 'Hardware remapping' was included with one of the BIOS updates. Since you are using the latest BIOS, you've already obviously tried that whether you wanted to or not. I deleted the 'Hardware remapping' part of that sentence, but not the word "both".

Basically, my brain had a fart. That happens sometimes...

I don't actually have my Striker yet. I am officially in week 8 now. I ordered my motherboard 2 months ago today..

I have 4GB of Corsair 6400C3DF sitting nicely in its box in the corner, waiting to light up my Striker's life. I can pretty much guarantee I am going to have issues with it when my motherboard finally does decide to arrive on my doorstep.

I'm sort of blindly hoping everything will be ok, and that magical BIOS that fixes everything will be released the day before I get my board. We all have dreams right?

Hey Domenick. I geuss your the same guy from on the xBit forum. Good to see you found some better minds to help you then me ;) . Still, sorry to hear the mobo still gives you issues. I hope it get fixed.

Also when you do get it. Be carefull with it. I already blown up my bios chip with that AI booster thing. Putted it on 15% and nothing... CPU INIT. But it's fixed already.

WortIT:
I've waited 6 weeks for my mobo. You should tell the shop where you're buying it to call Asus directly with some story about a PC of 5000 dollar just waiting the mobo. My shop did that and I got my mobo 3 days later. They told the shop owner (if it is true off course) that they had trouble with deliveries on those heat-pipes and chipsets.

I guess it will be a long wait for the real stable bios. I heard that the 0901 is coming but it's not official yet. I'm running the 0803 but it blowned up the chip with AI. So let's hope. At stock however it's 100% stable for me.

Domenick , I think one of your ram dimms is defective, have you run it with memtest ? you say with one stick it boots, add a second it doesn't boot, remove the first one and again with one stick doesn't boot, ...

I just added a second pair oc OCZ 6400 Special ops edition to my Striker in addition to the already present 8500 OCZ SLI edition ones.

Manaully set timings to 5-5-5-15 2T, locked MCP at 200 , upped ram voltage to 2.150 volt and it's running happily.

the SPD programming on the Corsairs might allow you to boot with one stick then manually set your correct timings voltages and don't forget to set 2T !!! Have you memtested each stick seperately ( test 5 needs to loop at least 10 times without errors to be safe) maybe one is defective ...

Plz fill in what you have set in your bos to make it boot compared to mine:

AI Tuning: Manual
Nvidia GPU Ex: Disabled
LinkBoost: Disabled

FSB - Memory Clock Mode: Unlinked
x FSB - Memory Raio: N/A
FSB (QDR), Mhz: 1066 (means 266FSB)
Actual FSB (QDR), Mhz: 1066.7
MEM (DDR), Mhz: 800 (means 400mhz speeds)
Actual MEM (DDR), Mhz: 800

Vcore Voltage: 1.4
Memory Voltage: 2.150
1.2v HT Voltage: auto
NB Core Voltage:1.4
SB Core Voltage:auto
CPU VTT Voltage: 1.35
DDRII Controller Ref Voltage:auto
DDRII Channel A Ref Voltage:auto
DDRII Channel B Ref Voltage:auto

tCL (CAS Latency): 5
tRCD: 5
tRP: 5
tRAS: 15
Command Per Clock (CMD): 2 clock (2T)

Advance Memory Settings
tRRD: AUTO
tRC: AUTO
tWR: AUTO
tWTR: AUTO
tREF: AUTO
tRD: AUTO
tRFC: AUTO
Async Latency: AUTO

CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled
MCP PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled
SATA Spread Spectrum: Disabled
LDT Spread Spectrum: Disabled

CPU Internal Thermal Control: Disabled
Limit CPUID MaxVal: Disabled
Enhanced C1 (C1E): Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Disabled
Virtualization Technology: Disabled
Enhanced Intel Speedstep Tech: Disabled
LDT Frequency: 5x

PCIEX16_1 Frequency (Mhz): 100
PCIEX16_2 Frequency (Mhz): 100
PCIEX16_3 Frequency (Mhz): 100
SPP<->MCP Ref Clock, Mhz: 200

dom.JPG

Hi leeghoofd, thank you very much for all the information. I just sent the motherboard back this morning with the ram to see if the store owner could get it working. I had tried only overvolting and timings, I tried both 4,4,4,12,2 and 5,5,5,18,2 with no results. The ram preferred 2.25 - 2.3v and no matter what stick I tried they were random results. I didnt try memtest though as I had no floppy drive ;) silly me.

I have 4 sticks, I was lucky if I got 2 working though at any time. Hopefully they will find a way to get it working or the ram I had may have been defective, the RAM vendor claims corsair is the way to go and it SHOULDN'T be a problem and claimed it was the motherboard's fault, not theirs with all the talk of 680i problems on the web. They also said that the motherboard is so buggy (680i) that asus made the p5n32-e PLUS which is a combo 680i and 570 or something to eliminate all the bugs. I really dont care what the issue is as long as it runs hey :)

Anyways, I will let you know how it all goes within the week, the motherboard vendor is going to try my ram with some settings and also OCZ, if the OCZ works, screw the LEDS on corsair I need something that works so ill use OCZ :)

Are you running your ram all 4gb at 800Mhz leeghoofd? thats amazing if you are cause no one I have talked to has been able to do this. I installed 901 a little while ago so I hope that BIOS is ok with the ram i keep or decide to swap it out for :)

well normally only run OCZ 8500 on the Striker board as it's my gaming rig, the 6400 ops are for a friend of mine, but since I saw your post why not check it out, thing I had to do due to the speed difference is set the speed to the slowest dimms which is 5-5-5-15 2T command rate. Booted fine, ran orthos blend for an horu no probs, then SuperPI 32m finished okay...

0901 bios is really okay for me, very stable just the damn Vcore lock still on it, but a Corsair techie promised Asus has a new bios in the works where the Vcore lock was gone and working properly now...

Hi leeghoofd,

What exactly is Vcore lock? I'm new to this whole "advanced settings" thing :)

So even with the memory running with loose timings will it run at the 800Mhz? I'd love to know if you could get your 8500's to run in a 4GB config at 1066! :)

I think this is garbage running ram at 667 to get it working at 4GB, what's the point really of fast ram.

Back