Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition FightStick to use with PC?

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
I heard from an Amazon review that the PS3 version, even though it's USB, could have issues with the PC. Is the 360 version also USB, and does it have these issues? I'm seriously considering picking up one of these $150 puppies just for SF4, and want to make sure I get the right one.

it seems more likely that the 360 version would work on PC, since the 360 version maps buttons to equivalent 360 gamepad buttons. and the 360 gamepad works on PC. the ps3 doesn't. obviously, that doesn't mean either fightstick would work, but i'm thinking the 360 version is going to be a lot more likely to work.

I have the ps3 TE stick and it is plug and play for my system, no drivers needed. Vista x64

for the ps3 it really depends on your motherboard/chipset/ ps3 uses an intel 1.1 custom usb interface. pretty much standard on most intel chipsets, but won't work on non intel chipsets.

it seems more likely that the 360 version would work on PC, since the 360 version maps buttons to equivalent 360 gamepad buttons. and the 360 gamepad works on PC. the ps3 doesn't. obviously, that doesn't mean either fightstick would work, but i'm thinking the 360 version is going to be a lot more likely to work.

not sure how that logic has anything to do with 360 probably working better than the ps3 stick.

But either way, all the PS3 USB sticks allegedly work perfect in the PC. I have the Hori HRAP3 stick (which is 99.99 on amazon prime right now in stock) and it works perfect on the PC and PS3. The Tournament edition stick will work perfectly as well.

Its been confirmed that the PS3 TE stick has compatibility issues with mobos that have either nvidia or amd chipsets.

Yes so if you get a ps3 version, and it doesn't work, buy a via PCI card for USB interface and it should work
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I thought that 360 one were incompatible with pc. I have a hori fighting stick 3 and a saulabi stick for ps3 and they work fine on my vista /win 7 computer but not so much under xp

Nope the 360 TE stick is 100% compatible. With the PS3 stick you have to worry about whether or not you have an Intel chipset.

I will maybe sell my fully custom stick to build another one.

It works on the PC flawlessly.

I just picked up a TE Fightstick today. It works great with MAME and Windows 7 recognizes it no problem. XBOX version.

It is a quality piece of hardware. The buttons are a little different than the arcade buttons i remember because they are convex and not concave. The feel is a little different but I like it. Also, the stick is a ball stick and has a square gate, not a bat with a round gate. So it is a totally different feel than the Street Fighter 2 arcade I remember, but once you get used to it it is very accurate.

I have this one:

http://retroblast.arcadecontrols.com/reviews/controller2.html

hotrod.jpg

What does the Tournament Edition of this controller really have over the "regular" version?

The pictures show me some more heft and probably better build quality on the Tournament Edition right off the bat. Anything else?

Last edited:
What does the Tournament Edition of this controller really have over the "regular" version?

The pictures show me some more heft and probably better build quality on the Tournament Edition right off the bat. Anything else?

Sanwa buttons and stick.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I can get a regular arcade stick for 40 bucks the question is is the TE stick that much better to play with than the regular arcade stick?

Sanwa parts -- way more responsive, difference is night and day. Imitation parts are spongy/mushy feeling (buttons).

I suspect the difference between the TE and cheaper sticks is more than superficial. My impression of the TE after a few days is that it is built to last. It feels like the arcade, and the clickety click of the joystick, the snap and response of the buttons is just right on for me. Also, the plastic material on the stick's face feels like you are putting your hands on an arcade. I've never had a stick with this much precision--you have to twirl the stick around yourself a few times to know what I mean. It is very consistent.

$150 is a lot of money for a stick, but you won't be disappointed with it. It really depends on how much use you think you will get out of it. The TE is the type of thing you hang onto for many years.

Yep.. my TE is built to last, great quality parts, looks sexy too. I will be changing the artwork on it.. to C. Viper probably, and get some plexiglass goin on.

Back