Street Fighter 4 Thread

AthlonXP

Fully [H]
Well as I don't see one yet, I wanted to start one up for those who are getting the game today like myself. I also wanted to find out which system you bought it on and why and do you think it was worth your money. I myself will be picking it up for the 360, though I do plan to snag up a ps3 in the near future.

I'm definately picking this one up. Been waiting for it a long time. Wish I could find a head to head comparison of the 360 vs ps3 version online though. I own both consoles so I want to know which one to go with. All things even right now planning on snagging the ps3 copy because of the better (in my opinion) controller, especially for fighters.

Not to mention the Collectors Edition for PS3 looks a tad better, RYU > C.Viper and Blu-Ray > Xbox disc. Just wondering how they stand up to each other from a technical standpoint, resolution, AA, frame rate, etc.

i preorder mine at gamestop but they say that i can't pick it up till tomorrow.. i might just go to my local best buy to see if they have a copy during my lunch break :)

I'm definately picking this one up. Been waiting for it a long time. Wish I could find a head to head comparison of the 360 vs ps3 version online though. I own both consoles so I want to know which one to go with. All things even right now planning on snagging the ps3 copy because of the better (in my opinion) controller, especially for fighters.

Not to mention the Collectors Edition for PS3 looks a tad better, RYU > C.Viper and Blu-Ray > Xbox disc. Just wondering how they stand up to each other from a technical standpoint, resolution, AA, frame rate, etc.

I'd guess they'd be pretty much identical, just comes down to preference of joypad (if no stick being used) and where your friends are playing it online.

Yeah I preordered it also, would be nice to get it today though. I went with the PS3 version for the d-pad.

As far as looks go, I'm sure they more or less look the same.

Eurogamer gave it a 10/10, that's a really high score from them.

Planning on getting the PS3 version ASAP. Like CD, I prefer the PS3 pad's d-pad. I don't feel like picking up a joystick when I'm already solid with a pad.
I'm pretty psyched...and I think lots of other players are, too. I encountered more high level players on HD Remix over the weekend than the previous 3 months combined. I ran into a few people that flat out beat me, and that that doesn't happen too much.
I can't imagine the different versions being much different. The game isn't going to tax either system much if at all...and framerates have to remain steady on the platforms for the sake of gameplay.
Everyone on the PSN - look for me either tonight or tomorrow (depending on when Best Buy gets copies in).

I have the Hori SCIV stick for PS3, so I'll probably get that version. I'm curious though, does the PS3 Hori stick also work on 360? It's a wired USB stick, so it seems possible anyway.

I've called everywhere here in Charlotte, NC we've got one Gamestop in the Univserity Area that DOES have copies. All other GS and BB won't drop until tomorrow!! I can only hope there are copies left once I get off of work...

Does anybody know if the SFIV TE stick will be available in store? It's sold out online.

My Gamestop said they're expecting it in either pretty late today or tomorrow. I figure I might check a few more stops, but I don't have high hopes.

PS3 copy coming. Im seeing Feb 19th as release date too from my sources.

I never preorder anything. It is a waste of effort. I've never had difficulty finding copies of games even when they are just released.

I never preorder anything. It is a waste of effort. I've never had difficulty finding copies of games even when they are just released.

It is sometimes difficult, living as I do in the 16th circle of the technology vacuum in hell. Thus, I preorder almost every game I want to get (especially PC games).

For once, the preorder helped, my Gamestop had theirs today, just picked it up, now need to get the hell out of here...

*starts coughing*

It is sometimes difficult, living as I do in the 16th circle of the technology vacuum in hell. Thus, I preorder almost every game I want to get (especially PC games).

Well for me that's never been an issue. I've got three Gamestops near me. Three Wal-Marts, a Target, Fry's, a Best Buy, and that's just within 15 or 20 minutes in either direction. If I go a little further, I've got another Fry's, more Gamestops, Comp USA, (the only one I know of that is still open.) two more Best Buys, etc.

i just did a thread on that recently lol.....

about SF4, i've been playing it and yeah i like it but im more of a tekken fan so it's not amazing to me. it is quite technical though, there has been some counter moves i've seen where i've been like WTF just happened.

It's funny that gaystop always seem to be either selling games before the street date or get them before the other stores, they must have some kind of dodgy deal going on with the distributors, it wouldnt suprise me because everyone i know only goes there to get new games if they're offloading a bunch of junk ( no point taking decent games in there because of their shitty trade-in prices ) the only time its worth trading stuff in is when they do the 30% extra promotion then use your edge card on top to make it 40%, then its bearable.

Well for me that's never been an issue. I've got three Gamestops near me. Three Wal-Marts, a Target, Fry's, a Best Buy, and that's just within 15 or 20 minutes in either direction. If I go a little further, I've got another Fry's, more Gamestops, Comp USA, (the only one I know of that is still open.) two more Best Buys, etc.

Heaven? :p

Picked my copy of SF4 for xbox 360 and game guide today at Gamestop in FL.:D However im at work for the next 4-5 hours.:mad:

Anyone playing the 360 version with the standard 360 controller?

I bought the madcatz fightpad controller(with the improved d-pad) at best buy and was not impressed. I actually found that with Street Fighter II HD Remix I could perform the special moves just as easy with the analog stick.

I'm considering buying a Hori real arcade pro ex from amazon for $129.99 as I've heard of a lot of problems with the lower end madcatz fightstick. The $150 tournament edition does look pretty sweet though.

Jeff

Yeah, I'm actually well positioned. I've got several gun stores, electronics stores, home improvement stores, and access to no less than 4 Wal-Marts within a 20 minute drive. I can also easily reach Dallas or Ft. Worth fairly quickly from here.

Yeah, I'm actually well positioned. I've got several gun stores, electronics stores, home improvement stores, and access to no less than 4 Wal-Marts within a 20 minute drive. I can also easily reach Dallas or Ft. Worth fairly quickly from here.

yeah but you wear cowboy hats. :p

I play SF2 and 3rd strike alot on my arcade machine, but it would be hard for me to throw 150 bucks down for a single player controller.

Hell I would pay $129. for an X-arcade 2 player unit for 129.99http://www.xgaming.com/two-player.shtml before I would pay the same thing for a 1 player unit.

And the X-arcade's are really good units and their built like a tank.

^^ thanks for that link, i've been looking for something like that. not an immediate buy, but something to consider.

I play SF2 and 3rd strike alot on my arcade machine, but it would be hard for me to throw 150 bucks down for a single player controller.

Hell I would pay $129. for an X-arcade 2 player unit for 129.99http://www.xgaming.com/two-player.shtml before I would pay the same thing for a 1 player unit.

And the X-arcade's are really good units and their built like a tank.

I've got the 2 player unit that I use. It's only PS/2 connection though. They do have a usb model that is newer than mine, which is completely uncompatible - go figure. So I cannot use with usb connections like my computer or PS3. The X-arcade is good, but the Sanwa parts used in this SFIV TE stick are the cream of the crop.

I'm not big on fighters at all, I hate having to memorize combos just to even play against people. I know thats part of the package but I miss intermediate skill players sitting on the couch drinking beers just having fun.

However, I'm going to rent the game because I lost years on SF2 back in the day. From what I've read 4 plays more like 2 than 3, which is a plus in my book.

Gave it a shot on the xbox, but the controller makes it shit. Need to have a six button controller like the saturn has, or a joystick pad.

Can't give much else of an opinion aside from that. It looks a little funky some may like it some may not. Think they went a little too much making them all meat heads Ryu usually doesn't look like Zeingeff but in this he does.

I just came from a local gamestop to buy the game as well as looking for the madcatz (saturn lookalike) controllers; unfortunately, they didn't have the controller.

They did have the game on their display xbox machine. Surprisingly enough, the xbox directional pad is not bad at all. I know its bad in the xbox arcade sf2 hd remix.

The controls in this game are crisp! the most responsive out of all the fighting games i've played for the 360..that includes soul calibur 4, sf2 remix, DoA 4, Mortal kombat etc.

The graphics are cartoonie BUT they are very fluid. The special moves and combos are easily pulled off but everything is still based on timing.

One of the best games i've played in a while...i bought the game and i can't wait to get home to play.

yeah but you wear cowboy hats. :p

I'm originally from Tx - lived in both Houston and Amarillo. Cowboy hats and boots are just part of the life there. There's nothing wrong with them. I think people see some 'neck wearing them and automatically think the entire group in Texas is nuts...it's just not so.

I'm originally from Tx - lived in both Houston and Amarillo. Cowboy hats and boots are just part of the life there. There's nothing wrong with them. I think people see some 'neck wearing them and automatically think the entire group in Texas is nuts...it's just not so.

im just teasing, my grandfather lives in texas. I went to visit once, interesting place ;)

Scorpions are scary :D

I live in Palm Beach County, Florida :cool:

Gave it a shot on the xbox, but the controller makes it shit. Need to have a six button controller like the saturn has, or a joystick pad.

Can't give much else of an opinion aside from that. It looks a little funky some may like it some may not. Think they went a little too much making them all meat heads Ryu usually doesn't look like Zeingeff but in this he does.

mehhh i cant wait til my joystick pad comes in... either way ill mash the f out of my stock controller until i get it. :eek:

I'm not big on fighters at all, I hate having to memorize combos just to even play against people. I know thats part of the package but I miss intermediate skill players sitting on the couch drinking beers just having fun.

However, I'm going to rent the game because I lost years on SF2 back in the day. From what I've read 4 plays more like 2 than 3, which is a plus in my book.

if you pick it up, i havent played street fighter man since i was kid on SF2 and i wanna feel noglastic, so if u buy it or rent add me to your friends list, i'll most likely suck hardcore and we can have some laid back fun =)

gamertag: xTweakeRx

The tiny Gamestop near my house got the only copies within 500 miles although I guess the others are expecting copies later tonight.
The game guide's pretty nice as it has frame data and actual (real) strategies within. Since I've never played this one before and I haven't watched too much video, I went ahead with it.

I'm pretty excited. From what I've seen of the game, it seems to fall somewhere between Super SF2, Alpha 3, and even EX. The game speed seems to be slower and along the lines of EX, but you shouldn't have all day to buffer in craziness like you could in that game.

picked up the 360 version a few hours ago and played for 20 minutes, Like it so far!

I just went on a mission to the local Best Buy, Future Shop, Wal-Mart, Zellers, EB Games, Blockbuster.... nada.

I've got a severe jones on for this game!

Back