Strange problem DFI nf3 250gb

Briguyatx

Limp Gawd
Ok guys, im at a loss, i posted over on the DFI-Street forums as well trying to figure this out, and haven't had much luck.

System is in sig

I originally thought my 6800 ultra had given up the ghost. Unfortunately, it doesnt appear to be so. I have a spare 6800 NU as well as a 6800 ultra. Whenever i install video drivers on the system, it will no longer boot into windows unless its safe mode. In other words, the video cards wont work unless they are in "vga" mode.

Both cards work fine in any of my other systems (posting from my xp2000, also tested in my p4 2.8)

Has anybody ever had an issue with the motherboard that wouldn't allow the video card to work properly in windows?

Clean fresh install of windows, install forcewares, install detonators, boom no video in windows. Don't install the det's and the pc works fine in windows, even allowing resolution changes. The cards are fine, working perfectly in both other computers I have.

Tried a PCI card in the system (old s3 virge). Everything works fine. its the wierdest problem i have come accross yet, and any suggestions would be appreciated.

So far, I have tried different ps's, different cards, changed bios settings , tried different ram. Nothing seems to help =\

that's strange.. have you installed the unified platform drivers for nForce3 250Gb? Your motherboard could be.. a bit weird... that's a very strange problem you have.. very strange I'd say.. something I cannot figure out.

Yep, forcewares are the first thing i install. It was working fine from february till about a week ago. Nothing strange happened, it just stopped working correctly =\

Did you "driver cleaner" your old video card drivers before installing new ones? Sometimes you'll get problems like that because of the interaction of different drivers. I think I even had a similar issue one time. I only say this because it seems like it's a vid card driver issue since both your Nvidia cards didn't work, but they do display video.

Mine does that also! I found out it only happens when I use the chipset drivers from the NV website. Go to the DFI site and download the chipset drivers from there, and make sure you use Driver Cleaner n' stuff.

Back