Strange Overclocking Results...

fiberoptik

Limp Gawd
Sys Specs:
Msi K8N Neo4 Plat SLI
Athlon 64 3200
2x512 PQI Turbo DDR 3700
Evga 6800 GT

When I start to push my system too far I keep getting screen resets. The monitor will click off and then turn back on. I checked to make sure my PCIE was locked and it was. Is this a normal side effect to overclocking? I wasn't even pushing that hard, I get these resets at.
250 Htt
9x Cpu Multi
4x Htt Multi
Dram timing 8 4 4 1t

If I set those timings in Bios the pc will boot but when It gets into windows my screen is at 640x480 and a properties check reveals I am using a generic vga driver...

I thought it was locked.. Its thier a special procedure? NvTune Reports Pcie bus 2500mhz...

well that can't be right, cause pci-e is supposed to be 100mhz. i'm not certain how to lock it though, i suspect 101mhz will do the trick. (i need an nf4 board to play with one of these days.)

also, did you do regular stability testing with prime95 and memest?

as a side note, sorry about not noticing that you said you thought you lock it. i miss some things sometimes :(

fiberoptik said:
I thought it was locked.. Its thier a special procedure? NvTune Reports Pcie bus 2500mhz...

I noticed on my ASUS A8n-sli board that in the BIOS I had these options for LOCKING the PCIE bus, the options were: (1) 100MHz (2) at CPU speed (3) manually adjust speed.
I think the problem your having is that your PCIE bus is @ set at CPU speed (maybe), but this is the best help I can give you... Good luck. :p

That would be the Cpu spread function on Msi K8n4 boards right? I have that disabled.. Im gonna raise it to 101mhz and see if that helps any.

Yea I just checked.. the Pcie bus is locked. Ntune just reports it at 2500 mhz.. I wonder what would cause the screen resests. Anyone else have any ideas? Or, are the resets normal?

Edit:
Should Bios be shadowed while overclocking?

Back