Gigabyte GA-P55A
Core i7 860
Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3-1600
Thermaltake TR2 500W
Radeon 4350
Win 7 x64
Intel SSD
Cold boots cause strange "memory management" BSODs. It usually happens within the first few minutes of booting into Windows. The minidumps are completely worthless and give no indication what the real problem is.
Have tried resetting BIOS to defaults, running looser timings on memory (according to JEDEC profiles), downclocking CPU. Ran memtest, found errors on the RAM -- both sticks replaced but problem remains. Reinstalled OS, problem remains. Happens in safe mode too. All drivers and BIOS are latest versions; problem happens with built-in Windows drivers or mfg's latest.
Funny thing is that a warm reboot doesn't cause any problems. Once the computer is up and stable it runs flawlessly until the end of time. So for now, I can't really shutdown the computer.
I am fairly certain it's a motherboard issue at this point. If anyone else has any more ideas I am all ears. My final step before replacing the mobo is to swap in two different sticks of DDR3 from my dad's workstation.
Core i7 860
Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3-1600
Thermaltake TR2 500W
Radeon 4350
Win 7 x64
Intel SSD
Cold boots cause strange "memory management" BSODs. It usually happens within the first few minutes of booting into Windows. The minidumps are completely worthless and give no indication what the real problem is.
Have tried resetting BIOS to defaults, running looser timings on memory (according to JEDEC profiles), downclocking CPU. Ran memtest, found errors on the RAM -- both sticks replaced but problem remains. Reinstalled OS, problem remains. Happens in safe mode too. All drivers and BIOS are latest versions; problem happens with built-in Windows drivers or mfg's latest.
Funny thing is that a warm reboot doesn't cause any problems. Once the computer is up and stable it runs flawlessly until the end of time. So for now, I can't really shutdown the computer.
I am fairly certain it's a motherboard issue at this point. If anyone else has any more ideas I am all ears. My final step before replacing the mobo is to swap in two different sticks of DDR3 from my dad's workstation.