Strange happenings with my ASUS P5B deluxe - [H]ardForum

Cr@zZy

Limp Gawd
I recently purchased a new rig consisting of a P5B deluxe, e6600, and CORSAIR XMS2 2GB PC2 6400.

Now what is strange is that when I power on the PC my dell 2405 does not automatically come out of standby. It will stay in standby until windows loads and as soon as the desktop loads the monitor will come out of standby on its own. However, if I turn the screen off then on during POST I get a screen and I can get into the BIOS properly. I have also had the BIOS lockup while making changes without the board over clocked. Do you think my board is a dud? I have never experienced anything like this. I am using the lastest bios available, 0804.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I had the same problem, except my computer didn't freeze while I was in the Bios. I had a stranger problem where my monitor would never come out of standby mode when I restart or turn on my computer. What I did was downgrade to the bios that shipped with the motherboard 604 and it worked for a bit but then the same thing happened again, my monitor would just stay in standby mode no matter what I did. Did you try resetting the cmos?

I had the same problem, except my computer didn't freeze while I was in the Bios. I had a stranger problem where my monitor would never come out of standby mode when I restart or turn on my computer. What I did was downgrade to the bios that shipped with the motherboard 604 and it worked for a bit but then the same thing happened again, my monitor would just stay in standby mode no matter what I did. Did you try resetting the cmos?

I have reset the cmos and tried 0804 bios and 0910 and the original that came with the motherboard. All have done the same thing. Do you have this same motherboard or are you referring to something different?

Have the same motherboard and same monitor. I'm returning the motherboard next week for something else because I've had this problem since I got the motherboard and I don't feel like dealing with it anymore.

Have the same motherboard and same monitor. I'm returning the motherboard next week for something else because I've had this problem since I got the motherboard and I don't feel like dealing with it anymore.

I am also thinking of just returning it. I just don't feel like this is a quality motherboard. You think newegg will refund me in full because it is defective? I'm thinking of going with the eVGA 680i... the lifetime warranty sounds great

Also,

What video card are you using? I have and XFX 7900GS maybe that is the culprit.

I heard that newegg is still going to charge a restocking fee even if the motherboard is defective. I have an XFX 8800GTS brand new, I also tried it in my other computer setup and it works fine so I know my video card is working fine. I'm also thinking of going to the eVGA 680i.

I heard that newegg is still going to charge a restocking fee even if the motherboard is defective. I have an XFX 8800GTS brand new, I also tried it in my other computer setup and it works fine so I know my video card is working fine. I'm also thinking of going to the eVGA 680i.

If you call up and complain, they usually waive the restocking fee (as long as you're nice about it).

If you call up and complain, they usually waive the restocking fee (as long as you're nice about it).
Your right I called earlier today and told them about the problems with the motherboard and they waived the restocking fee. Hopefully the 680i is better then this board.

Your right I called earlier today and told them about the problems with the motherboard and they waived the restocking fee. Hopefully the 680i is better then this board.

Yeap, they waived my restocking fee for returning my P5B and I ordered the evga 680i... lets hope all goes well. Anyone here with an evga 680i? Please tell me you love it. lol

Back