IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

1.jpg

STORM'D's proud new owner!

2.jpg

Thats some Sexay Plexay. lol.

Great work Defyant. You are a modding genious and it looks so simple and elegant when done. Again so much work sublte work done that it never looks busy...just right. Great work.

I'm not a big fan for acrylic/plexy cases... honestly I think they are crap IMO.

However, what you have done, is absolutely amazing!! My major pet peeve with see through acrylic cases is the messy wiring and unsightly looks of the hardware. But you have done an amazing job with the black plexy. I lik how it hides it, and when the lights are one you can see the innards. And it's clean!!

Great job and props to ya!

Looks good. It's apparent you have some good modding skills with plexi.

The ducting you made seems like a waste, you could have fit a 2x120mm radiator verticly in that same space, and not of have a perturding external rad on the back.

I love the res idea you created!
its a shame such a great work goes to "Waste on a kid's box" :p

jdunner3 said:
Umm.....start a damn business. Those things will sell GUARANTEED. Great job.

Definately, if I were in the market for a case right now I would buy one from you. Excellent job, especially loved the coax cables you made.

I already got ideas for his next case. Unless he has already done it, how about some polished aluminum mixed with the sweet plexi work!

that case is incredible. wow.

About starting your business, considering the size of this worklog, i would really think that the labor that went into your case would make it so expensive that few people would be willing to pay that much.

WOW nice work, just incredible. So It took about a month to finish. Not bad.
What is the total weight of it?
I would do the same for my kid if I could, not a waste by any means.

Thanx heeeeeeps guys for the great replys :)

hehe im a lot uglier that cool lookin guy in the pic :) thats Zak, my son of 9yrs old.

Zak wasnt much for helping me with this mod..hes kinda hooked on WoW atm! altho he did help design and build Hevyplex SLB!!!

The case is in no way a waist for him! he's as [H]core gamer as you will ever see.

And his appreciation for what i do as a DaD and a modders is more than enuf.

He really gets off when his mates come over and go gaga over his new PC's hes even taken the the mags of the published PC in for show and tell :D

The case will do a Few weeks of display in town before Zak get to keep it, but im sure he can Make do with HP-Resurrection2 till his new pc comes home :)

Im not too sure on the weight! the plex really dosnt add that much... but the water does!

it would be pretty close to your average Metal Case with say 4 hdds and 2cdroms +water.

Still easily carriable.

took a few more shots against a black background,,,,, still trying to find the perfect way to photo this case!!

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

maybe just good old outdoor shots :p

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

now this is a case mod!!!

I was tired of seeing the same ol' put a 'pc in a something fancy' and calling it a mod.

GREAT WORK!

Truly amazing work. Well done... thats one lucky kid.

How many hours did this take you?

Defyant- I work at a vinyl sign shop, would like me to punch you up a quick guide about how to apply vinyl? i see you got yours ready to apply, so if i give you a few pictures, and a few sentances, itll all click. and youll be putting lettering and graphics on all your mods :D

[DGN]Nexus said:
Hard nipples?

I got a massive boner lookin' at it!
It could cut glass..well actually it's also close to my 3rd nipple so it would cut little rings of glass. :) :p

x_JETHRO_x said:
now this is a case mod!!!

I was tired of seeing the same ol' put a 'pc in a something fancy' and calling it a mod.

GREAT WORK!

agreed mate... me too!!

thanx very much :)

sorrow said:
Truly amazing work. Well done... thats one lucky kid.

How many hours did this take you?

cheers mate , it was supposed to be a quicky weekender :confused: kinda blew out to a monther... prolly 50 hours modding time all up. those storm rings took a few goes to get em down pat.

GoFastNova said:
Defyant- I work at a vinyl sign shop, would like me to punch you up a quick guide about how to apply vinyl? i see you got yours ready to apply, so if i give you a few pictures, and a few sentances, itll all click. and youll be putting lettering and graphics on all your mods

OOPS! i actually coulda used some help :) all the modding prowless in the world wasnt goin to help me when came to getting those sticker on right!!!

And i still f00ked up !!

The side sicker will be getting done again...thyr damm exy too to get made one off.

any help for next time would be muchly appreciated :)

stryder and Nexus hehehe , cheers guys ;)

AtomicMoose cheers ty too mate :)

a lil bit of an update,

Small thing that was erking me!

that vga card!!!

the mod, specially the inside did'nt seem complete..... the card kinda looked like a pimple on a perfect.....

IMG_0606.jpg

A simple solution was to just make a "modular" type cover that can be easily intalled and removed.

Using some left over scrap a fold is added so the plex cover will bend over the card.

IMG_0780.jpg

The cover is then masked holed are cut for the water hoses to pass thru and the unit is slotted in for fit.

IMG_0781.jpg

Good old brass locators are doubled up and used as mounting point for the cover.

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

The cover is cleaned up edges are flame polished and bolted in.

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

The end result , i think keeps the inside looking much more stealthed and clean looking.

Looking @ the case there are still a few things i'd like to change/make better... STORM'D was built to be a daily used PC :)

and it's new owner is eager to start putting it to good use with some WoW.

if you ever "Bump" into Zapperfisher say hi! you know hes hackin and slashin with STORM'D power ;)

Im another one of those guys who wasn't too enthralled by acrylic cases (ie: tangled nasty wires w/ mismatched cathodes and LED fans), but absolutely everything about this case is just so hot. You have definitely given me a happier perspective on acrylic. And your son is one lucky recipient.

Will you adopt me? :D

WOW SUPER CLEAN...Man that is truely a case mod. Havent seen anything like it...GOOD WORK.

Back