• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Storm waterblock flatness

pawstar

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 2, 2005
Messages
465
I just received my Swiftech Storm for my new system. However, I have observed that the base is rather dull and when I place it on my glass desk, it wobbles ! :eek:
Now I am thinking that I will have to lap my $100 block :(

What has been the experience of others here with the Storm?
 
Just got my Storm today as well. Flat. Totally flat. Put razor to it and held it against the light, nothing shines through. Did that at multiple angles with two different razors. As far as I can tell, totally flat.

Just put mine on a glass table....your block must be really bad if it wobbles. Don't see how you can get it to wobble if it is close to being flat. Good luck with that man.
 
If it weren't for Swiftech's support reputation, I'd say send it back. That's rough.

Have fun lapping... :(
 
that glass table top is most likely tempered glass and not good for checking flatness. Do the razor blade thing.
 
The Storm should be manufactured to a flatness tolerance where lapping it will cause more problems then good. Try another test for flatness as suggested, if that fails send the block back.
 
Back
Top