Storage GURUS please help!

p3sty

2[H]4U
Ok I have a wd400ks sata 2 hd it reads as a ultra dma5 . Why is it not 6 or 7 do I need to install the f6 drives to get my sata hd to work properly?

Please reformat your question/post into a grammatically correct and understandable manner as not everyone can translate "lazy speak".

Anyway, make sure that your hard drives are not in IDE mode but in AHCI or RAID mode.

Ok I have a wd400ks sata 2 hd it reads as a ultra dma5 . Why is it not 6 or 7 do I need to install the f6 drives to get my sata hd to work properly?

Ultra DMA 5 is the best you get for HDD unless you step up to ACHI. Don't worry either if your IDE CD-ROM reads on DMA 3 or 2.

Ok question posed again. In order for the wd400 hd to be seen in hardware manager in ultra dma 7
mode which I believe to be the correct setting what do I have to do? Currently It reads it as ultra Dma mode 5 which is ata 133 I beleive.

sorry Danny I am lazy......

Ultra DMA 5 is the best you get for HDD unless you step up to ACHI. Don't worry either if your IDE CD-ROM reads on DMA 3 or 2.

This. You may be able to switch your existing install to AHCI by following these steps. Note that you'll have to use the second, longer method which involves using a separate controller, since you can't have both the old IDE-mode controller and the new AHCI-mode controller "installed" at the same time.

Back