Still no 590SLI Intel Board

nooh

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi , have bought everything for my new PC , most of it is in my SIG , i had my Hardrive left , Ninja Scythe and a Floppy which should all arrive tommorrow.

I have bought the new Clio A380 Case whic is brilliant and a perfect case for my new PC to be.

It is now middle of august and i am getting really Frustrated on the mobo sitution, when am i going to get it , i am waiting for a Nvidia 590 or the asus 64 PCIexperss 975x board.

Does anybody have any idea when we are going to seee quad sli supporting boards which are either Intel 975x chipset or Nvidia 590 chipset?

Is there a definate board with what i have wrote which will be released in the next few weeks?

I have had the E6600 for about two weeks now and still no mobo, it sits infront of me everyday but now its really cheesing me off.

I think that i will probably find the right board when the E6600 will cost £200 in the shops and i bought it for £240. Its really cheesing me off the conroe situation is. The planning for the conroe was rubbish , i mean for the mobo situation that is.

I can remember reading a article about it appearing motherboard less , well they were not that wrong were they.

Please if anybody knows anything , a definate date and a mobo.Please help me find the right board.

I'm in the same boat, I'm waiting for the Nivida 590 SLI and I haven't been able to find any timeframe whatsoever for when it will be in stores.

Personally, I don't trust nVidia based boards, and buying a second 7950 GX2 right now is questionable at best.

DX10 cards around the corner (just a month or two) those cards are very pricey, and ATI's DX10 boards look better on paper than nVidia's (who can tell for sure till they are released). Personally, I'd go for the cheapest mobo that will support your card right now, and save the cash till DX10 and Vista hit, then look at what is better and go from there. I am sure since the AMD-ATI buyout that Intel will suddenly develop a much better relationship with nVidia.

Please do spend all your hard earned cash on a shiney new DX10 card. I will prolly do the same thing. Just understand, your new DX10 card will not see much action other than vista and a few games before 2nd Gen DX10 cards come out.

Same thing happened with DX9

I promise you than anyone owning a 7950X2 or Quad setup or ATI DX9 will be able to play games the way developers meant the games to be played for many many months to come.

Huh? The DX10 cards are a new generation, do you have any reason to expect that they won't outperform current gen in DX9 games for less money?

What he means is that there will be overpriced and probably buggy cards out right when dx10 launches. And then 3 months later, a "second generation of dx10" will come out, will will be cheaper and work better.

No, the point I am making is, at the end of the day, waiting and saving your cash for a DX10 card isn't that big of a deal. Faster sure, the only game in town, absolutely not.

You're going to see DX9 games for a long long time.

Developers are not going to move away from the DX9. Honestly, that is where the money is and will be for sometime.

I will have the cash to jump on the DX10 train the day that stuff comes out but in general, people do not need to wait or make a big deal out of it.

SixFootDuo said:
No, the point I am making is, at the end of the day, waiting and saving your cash for a DX10 card isn't that big of a deal. Faster sure, the only game in town, absolutely not.

You're going to see DX9 games for a long long time.

Developers are not going to move away from the DX9. Honestly, that is where the money is and will be for sometime.

I will have the cash to jump on the DX10 train the day that stuff comes out but in general, people do not need to wait or make a big deal out of it.

How big of a display are you running? Unless it is a 30" WUXGA (2960x1600) you have absolutely no need for quad-SLI. Money that is better spent elsewhere.

SixFootDuo said:
Please do spend all your hard earned cash on a shiney new DX10 card. I will prolly do the same thing. Just understand, your new DX10 card will not see much action other than vista and a few games before 2nd Gen DX10 cards come out.

Same thing happened with DX9

I promise you than anyone owning a 7950X2 or Quad setup or ATI DX9 will be able to play games the way developers meant the games to be played for many many months to come.

There's more benefits to having a DX10 card than simply outright performance. To me, the #1 change with DX10 is the improved scheduler. If someone isn't going to be using Vista, the DX10 issue is mute, as only Vista is going to be DX10-compatible.

ToastMaster said:
There's more benefits to having a DX10 card than simply outright performance. To me, the #1 change with DX10 is the improved scheduler. If someone isn't going to be using Vista, the DX10 issue is mute, as only Vista is going to be DX10-compatible.

Well to me there is no reason not to get Vista when it comes out. XP was a hell of a of a lot better than WinME when it came out.

NulloModo said:
Well to me there is no reason not to get Vista when it comes out. XP was a hell of a of a lot better than WinME when it came out.

That's because Windows ME was crap.

Actually right now Vista sucks and unless they improve gaming performance a large amount before then I doubt most gamers will be upgrading. In the current beta you can take a 10% or larger performance hit over XP.

Maethor said:
Actually right now Vista sucks and unless they improve gaming performance a large amount before then I doubt most gamers will be upgrading. In the current beta you can take a 10% or larger performance hit over XP.

Some are saying up to 30%;)

One good thing about it though. I just got a good deal on an X1800XT even if it is the 256MB version.

Maethor said:

The performance loss is due to less-than-mature drivers. Right now, what's mostly available are beta drivers, as the major companies have no actual reason to develop full-fledged, non-beta drivers for an OS that's still in the preview-build designation. As Vista actually gets closer to release, you'll see that performance loss diminish more and more until it's eventually non-existent.

jbrukardt said:
how about we get back on topic, we werent remotely talking about DX10 cards

agreed....at any rate...the 570 board is now available @ ZZF

129 shipped for the asus nvidia 570 board....

if I had not already bought my SLi memory I probably would have jumped on it.

If you would have read all the Quad SLI reviews you would have seen that several reviewers said that alot of games were still sluggish on the 30" LCD and that some bells and whistles had to be turned down.

I'm running a 24" Acer @ 1920 x 1200, yes, at this rez there is benefit to be had very much so.

Should be an Asus 590 board out soon and maybe a LanParty before the end of the month/early next month.

Maximum PC used the 590 SLI Intel board in their Dream Machine 11 this year. They had a beta board

boasist said:
agreed....at any rate...the 570 board is now available @ ZZF

129 shipped for the asus nvidia 570 board....

if I had not already bought my SLi memory I probably would have jumped on it.

I would have given it a shot as well.

Please everyone , stick to real reason for the post, does anybody know when we will start to see 590 sli boards.

Another thing i might go and buy a 7950 when they are dirt cheap , i dont plan on doing that now so please stick to the real reason for the post.

Anybody know definate boards which will be released?
Man this wait is making me mad.

I like the net transfer feature on the 590 which looks great and would like to purchse it more for that reason than the 7950 .

Read the review on am2 crosshair and was wishing for a mobo very much like the crosshair but for the intel Core 2 duo.

Sorry to detract, but what's the difference between the 590 and the 570 boards? Whats the difference between these chipsets and the other currently available Conroe-supported boards other than SLI support?

JHay said:
Sorry to detract, but what's the difference between the 590 and the 570 boards? Whats the difference between these chipsets and the other currently available Conroe-supported boards other than SLI support?
The lanes and extra features like sli memory, also the 590 has more pciexpress lanes which could be good for future , there is this one thing though the new ddr3 which is coming out next year will not work as it is and it will have to be changed , so there is future for you.

The gigbit dual net feature is the best thing i thought and reduces ping times. And decreases CPU usuage and doubles the bandwidth , now thats great , revolutionary in some ways.

Please can we have some info on release dates and boards, if the 570 sli is the first one then we should start seeing the 590 chipset some time next week then. Shouldnt we?

WaXmAn said:
Nice, now to see it in stock somewhere. ;)
It would be the next best thing , wouldnt it?

Man its been a frustrating few weeks i can tell you.

Back