Sticky with recommended hardware?

diizzy

2[H]4U
Would it be such a bad idea to make a sticky with lets say max 5 different products per category if you have general needs and of course a short description why product X would be more suitable than product Y?

Would probably help a lot of people...
//Danne

Yes. Pricing and availability changes rather too quickly for those kinds of lists to stay helpful for long. Not to mention that not everyone is going to agree on which five parts. Also, without relatively constant updates, those stickies do become outdated rather quick. Plus, I like having the flexibility in tailoring my recommendations to the OP's situation at hand rather than be tied down to my own previous recommendations let alone someone else's recommendations.

The idea gets floated around every few years and some people have even tried doing it but it usually ends up failing or falling flat.

The information is already available on many sites (updated usually quarterly) and even with a sticky people will still ask for builds recommendations in X price range. If they're unwilling to search first I doubt they would read the post at the top of the forum.

Back