Steve Jobs Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still in denial. Can't believe he's gone. Rest in peace, Steve.

Wow, stay classy.

Are you really kidding me? Have you read this entire thread? Just because the mad gave you a cool ipod you think he should be excused for all of the shitty things he did?

Really? Is that all it takes for some of you?

How about YOU stay classy.

Look man. I get it. I can get in to a bunch of stuff that I don't like about Jobs and Apple, too, and all that, but c'mon. Ease off a little. The man is dead and he died an ugly death. Pancreatic cancer is UGLY.

I'm very saddened by some of what I've seen in this thread so quick after the man dies and from a number of people, including yourself, that I've seen better from than the likes of this and I think I know better.

C'mon guys. Back the vitriol down a notch or two just for a bit. Please? :)

I totally agree with you --but at this point, I'd say the level of vitriol is purely dependent on the level of moderator activity. Without that, I don't think you're going to see a change in the attitude of this thread.

I'm a member on quite a few tech forums. This is the only one I've seen get like this over Steve Jobs' deteriorating health several months ago, and the only one I've seen get like this over his death.

In the other forums, the vitriolic responses were outliers --and the outliers were warned by the moderators.

I do not think you are going to find that happening here, so rather than attempt to roll back the tide by holding up your hands, I'd probably walk away from this thread --if I'm smart enough, hopefully I'll take my own advice on that one as well.

I don't think Steve Jobs is God, nor that Apple is end-all be-all; in fact, I hate the way they treated some of their core commercial markets this past year that got them to where they are, by up and abandoning them, and as someone who has worked in IT and was an Apple Certified Tech over a decade ago, I think I have some perspective on both sides. But I wouldn't treat the moles digging in my yard the way many people are talking about him here.

Oh, and for that guy slamming Kyle for making money off reviewing shit, you're a moron. The one product Kyle physically sells is made right here in the United States. That alone puts him ahead of Jobs in my book.

I never said he didn't *need* an organ. I said he accepted one when he knew for a goddamn fact that was only going to extend his life by a short period vs. someone that may have had decades of life left, even with immunosuppresives.

While I understand what your saying, and I am NOT a fan of Jobs, but there is no way for us to know if the person next on the list would have lived a longer, or even shorter period of time had they recieved the organ especially since only 85% survive a year and barely 80% live 5 years afterwards.

Now, I'll admit that I was surprised when someone with a cancer with such a low survival rate received a liver, but as stated the timeframe UNOS only considered the chances of survival 3 months. Now personally, unless organ donation becomes much more common I think that number should be increased considerly, but it's worth pointing out that that expectation by a factor of 9.

And for the conspiracy theorists, who's to say he didn't make a contrabution to the surgery center when he was accepted?

And whose to say your not a raving child molester, afterall if we you want to just make shit up without any evidence then we can claim anything about anyone.

Death is a natural part of life, I don't see why people are so sad over someone they don't know.

I still don't like him after all he was a jerk, And i still don't see where everyone keeps calling him a genius and blah blah.

But I may not have liked him but... Whatever.

Oh, and for that guy slamming Kyle for making money off reviewing shit, you're a moron. The one product Kyle physically sells is made right here in the United States. That alone puts him ahead of Jobs in my book.

And I can save a lot of money making those in China, but I choose not to. MADE IN THE USA BABY. Jobs could have done the same thing with the incredible mark up on Apple products that is charged.

Are you really kidding me? Have you read this entire thread? Just because the mad gave you a cool ipod you think he should be excused for all of the shitty things he did?

Really? Is that all it takes for some of you?

How about YOU stay classy.

Seems like a lot of kids in here don't know how the world works, and somehow Steve Jobs doing business equals some big, dark, evil. Foxconn isn't the ideal, but it is still a hell of a lot more money than most people in China could expect and helps them keep their families fed.

Boomstick, Ruoh, and others who believe he bought a liver that he shouldn't have gotten:

UNOS decides who gets using MELD for ages 18+ and PELD for children under 18. MELD is:

"This system is based on the risk or probability of death within 3 months if the patient does not receive a transplant. The MELD score is calculated based only on laboratory data in order to be as objective as possible. The laboratory values used are a patient's creatinine, bilirubin, and international normalized ratio, or INR (a measure of blood-clotting time). A patient's score can range from 6 to 40. In the event of a liver becoming available to 2 patients with the same MELD score and blood type, time on the waiting list becomes the deciding factor."

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/liver_transplant/article_em.htm

Please note that MELD only reverts to time on the waiting list when they have candidates who are equally sick; MELD is about allocating transplants based on severity of need. Also please note that kids are on a different list than adults.

UNOS is so objective that many people are angry that those suffering from alcoholic cirrhosis get liver transplants.

The assumption that those of you who are disrespecting UNOS are making is that money will move you up that list. It does not. More money will let you join more lists, some of which may be shorter than others. This is not against the rules, you would do it if you had the money to do it, and whining about someone who had the money to do it is jealousy, plain and simple.

My objection is not what you think about Steve Jobs. My objection is that you believe either that you know better who should get a transplant than UNOS does or that it is corrupt. You are wrong on both counts.

If you believe that someone who doesn't need a liver transplant can get one under the UNOS system, you are deluded. If you believe that Steve Jobs was not near death when he got his liver transplant, you are deluded.

Bullshit, he got on multiple lists and shot to the top even though they all knew he was going to die.

And the proof is right here, he got want he wanted and still died.

You honestly think that if it was you or me we would have gotten it? No way.

Bullshit, he got on multiple lists and shot to the top even though they all knew he was going to die.

And the proof is right here, he got want he wanted and still died.

You honestly think that if it was you or me we would have gotten it? No way.

Instead of spouting "bullshit" how about you come up with your own proof that Jobs stole the liver from someone else.

That is what apples and jobs loves to do Troll for proto type tech at places like MIT, or take Tech people have been working on wait until they make it small enough to stuff into Shiny white dumb as super models cases and then wait as the cluless people in the tech world sings and gives them praise. (or the people who don't know jack about PC's or tech.)

or he just steals it has his apple dude do stuff to it and takes all the credit for it.

like this new metal they bought, or any other number of stuff the real innovators has made and then glues it on there products.
http://gizmodo.com/5614154/giz-explains-what-is-liquidmetal

Steve jobs "dude I think our crap should totaly be tuff like the T-1000 from t2 judgement day"

Apple dude" well there is some dudes who made this stuff that is really tuff and kinda like liquid metal and they are a small company now.

Steve jobs:"Awsome by that crap and glue it on to all our shiny plastic white cases and say i invented it and make sure CNN knows it too so they can tell the clueless computer people how awsome I am and make.....Oh yes and I am cutting your pay."

I mean god You should see what the fucking apple hipsters at 1up.com giantbomb and Twit are saying about the fucking guy you would think he cured cancer.

Yeah the list is massive and he got it in months...

He didnt buy his way ahead of people that had been waiting for a long time right. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, I used too many words that are too big for you. Let me try again:

The transplant lists are not based on how long people have been waiting. They are based on who needs one the most.

For example, if there was a brain transplant list, you would be on the top of it on the first day you were put on it.

The only reason he "needed it the most" because he PAID for it.

This wasn't going to save his life, just prolong it. It could have saved others.

And you think doctors and hospitals are above taking money? You don't know much about the medical field I see. I worked in it. So don't try and tell me

Where is your bleeding heart for those he screwed/possibly screwed because he bought himself a new liver.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/human_nature/2011/01/how_did_steve_jobs_get_his_liver.html

So when I say screw Steve Jobs, it's for good reason.

eh, he didn't screw up his liver himself, he wasn't a drug addict or an alcoholic. Anybody who had the means to buy a liver or get to the top of the list would.

You would to

Now, George Best, there's a man who didn't deserve his new liver

The national public TV station in my country was just reporting on Steve Jobs' death. They just said that he invented a revolutionary operating system called NeXT that was used to invent the World Wide Web. The implication was that Tim Berners-Lee used a NeXT workstation, therefore Steve Jobs' invented the web. F**k me.

This wasn't going to save his life, just prolong it. It could have saved others.

Define "prolong" and "saved". Everyone dies.

You would try everything you could to get an organ if you needed one, hypocrite. Or gosh golly, would you wait patiently? Lulz.

While I understand what your saying, and I am NOT a fan of Jobs, but there is no way for us to know if the person next on the list would have lived a longer, or even shorter period of time had they recieved the organ especially since only 85% survive a year and barely 80% live 5 years afterwards.

Now, I'll admit that I was surprised when someone with a cancer with such a low survival rate received a liver, but as stated the timeframe UNOS only considered the chances of survival 3 months. Now personally, unless organ donation becomes much more common I think that number should be increased considerly, but it's worth pointing out that that expectation by a factor of 9.

And whose to say your not a raving child molester, afterall if we you want to just make shit up without any evidence then we can claim anything about anyone.

Only 80%? That's a pretty big number to be saying "only".

Ah, because your Ratpadz make for great comparison with every parts and devices Apple makes. How's that Taiwanese made motherboard working out for you?

Sorry you don't like my logic. Hurts huh?

At least I'm alive to deny it. Equinox, First of the Season. ;)

Define "prolong" and "saved". Everyone dies.

You would try everything you could to get an organ if you needed one, hypocrite. Or gosh golly, would you wait patiently? Lulz.

Who are you to call me a hypocrite? You don't know me. I have a TON of problems, a TON. If I knew there was something I could do to make me live a couple more years but it might kill a little kid I certainly wouldn't do it.

So dont' you dare assume anything about me.

Ah, because your Ratpadz make for great comparison with every parts and devices Apple makes. How's that Taiwanese made motherboard working out for you?

That's not the point. The point is Kyle is willing to make LESS profit in order to stand up for his principles. And not just that, it's a for an extremely reasonable price. Razer pumps out $50 mousepads made in China all the time.

Apple, at one point, manufactured their computers over here, but began manufacturing their devices in China in order to maximize profits on the back of slave-labor. And I think this transition took place while Jobs was at the helm. But, obviously, Apple wasn't the only corporation to do this. Many corporations do, which is why Jobs is no different than any other CEO other than the fact he was a more successful businessman.

You give Kyle a company with the scale of apple, and there's no way he'd allow for his shit to be manufactured in China on the backs of slave-labor.

There's more to an organ waiting list than your position in line.

Hey Kyle and Steve quit taking our sweatshop jobs and giving them to Americans. Please come out with a white edition, so I can play in my white room on my white arse. If its not made by kids how can I trust that its built with quality?

Steve Jobs is dead, love him or hate him, stop arguing on the internet nerds. Murphy's law works in mysterious ways, he is not America's only inventor or thief in technology. Anyone can patent how to take a dump, most companies these days are trying to patent every which way you can take a dump in which Apple is not alone on that.

That's not the point. The point is Kyle is willing to make LESS profit in order to stand up for his principles. And not just that, it's a for an extremely reasonable price. Razer pumps out $50 mousepads made in China all the time.

Apple, at one point, manufactured their computers over here, but began manufacturing their devices in China in order to maximize profits on the back of slave-labor. And I think this transition took place while Jobs was at the helm. But, obviously, Apple wasn't the only corporation to do this. Many corporations do, which is why Jobs is no different than any other CEO other than the fact he was a more successful businessman.

You give Kyle a company with the scale of apple, and there's no way he'd allow for his shit to be manufactured in China on the backs of slave-labor.

It's not so black and white as that, not by far. First of all, I doubt that you would ever reach the scale of Apple manufacturing in the US nowadays. And if you did, it would be with machines, not people. You wouldn't have high enough margins.

Second, which is worse - Foxconn labor, or no work at all and potentially starving? This isn't hyperbole, it is very much a real choice in China. There are still hundreds of millions substinence farming in rural areas.

This is all quite funny. The more the Apple crazies elevate Jobs to the level of some kind of deity who invented the universe (and has patents to back it up), the more impossible it becomes for anyone at Apple to take his place. Unless Tim Cook gains the ability to talk to the dead and becomes some kind of religious prophet, they're going to be totally fucked.

Who are you to call me a hypocrite? You don't know me. I have a TON of problems, a TON. If I knew there was something I could do to make me live a couple more years but it might kill a little kid I certainly wouldn't do it.

So dont' you dare assume anything about me.

So Jobs slayed a child and took his liver, huh?

This is all quite funny. The more the Apple crazies elevate Jobs to the level of some kind of deity who invented the universe (and has patents to back it up), the more impossible it becomes for anyone at Apple to take his place. Unless Tim Cook gains the ability to talk to the dead and becomes some kind of religious prophet, they're going to be totally fucked.

And this forum is the exact opposite end of the spectrum. The anti-Apple craazies elevate Jobs up to be some kind of devil who is responsible for all that is wrong with the world.

It's neither, and basically taking a shit on someone's grave because you didn't like the products they made shows the (lack of) character of the person doing so.

This is a HUGE loss for Apple, Steve Jobs was their Obi-wan-Kenobi, and visionary for the future products to create, plus a great salesman on top of it. Don't know anyone that can fill his shoes the same way now.

The iPhone4S is ok, but not what Apple needs right now, they really needed that iPhone5 all new design, with larger screen, and other features, and now the death of their founder :(

Tough times ahead for Apple. I am sure the 4S will sell like hot cakes still, but I can see one to two years from now, they will decline, with Windows 8 phones being very competitive next year, and also Android-Jellybean.

It's not so black and white as that, not by far. First of all, I doubt that you would ever reach the scale of Apple manufacturing in the US nowadays. And if you did, it would be with machines, not people. You wouldn't have high enough margins.

Second, which is worse - Foxconn labor, or no work at all and potentially starving? This isn't hyperbole, it is very much a real choice in China. There are still hundreds of millions substinence farming in rural areas.

Why would you not be able to reach the scale in the US? I want you to list real tangible reasons now. What here completely prevents that? And as far as margins, you wouldn't have high enough margins to please the stock market. Who gives a fuck. There's no reason why you wouldn't be able to survive manufacturing anything here.

And you act like it's one or the other in China. In fact, maybe Foxconn going out of business would be better for them. Maybe then people over there would become pissed enough to overthrow their shitty government that allows for their shitty working conditions to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back