Stepmania PC

Jimi_Shuffler

[H]ard|Gawd
hey everyone, I'm looking to build a PC for Stepmania (loading with 4,000-5,000 stepcharts) and recording gameplay off that with OBS software. Just looking for a really good home experience as I used to actively play ITG and would be so much easier to just play it at home with my OMEGA GX on the way.
Would like to know also if I should get a sound card as well. I have been debating on getting an SSD for OS and a wd raptor for stepmania files? I just cannot invest in a dedicab as I do not have the space for one at home.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
looking to build a PC mainly for use with Stepmania, recording gameplay of that with the use of OBS ... I also plan on using it to stream netflix and blu-ray content here and there, maybe even some light gaming (any serious gaming is done on my rig on my sig)​

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
I do have some parts, but remaining budget I have left in mind is about 150-200 with ship. (if getting more ram and siwtching to quad $300)​

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Las Vegas, NV (I have fry's for B & M. I normally order from newegg and amazon)

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget?
  • Power supply
  • case (preferrebly htpc that can house an gtx 285 mATX mobo and ATX psu)
  • sound card maybe??
  • perhaps more ram? and a quad instead of the dual core I have?

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing?
  • Zalman cnps 90 hsf
  • athlon II x2 215
  • Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 motherboard
  • EVGA gtx 285 1gb
  • 2x HYNIX 2GB PC3-10600U DDR3 MEMORY MODULE HMT325U6BFR8C-H9
  • LG BD-rom drive
  • I also do have speakers, either my Numark NPM 5 studio monitors or my Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System

6) Will you be overclocking?
no​

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
Will be using my 40inch hdtv so 1366x768​

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?

within this month​

9) What features do you need in a motherboard?

N/A, already have one​

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Yes, win 7 ultimate 64-bit​

Last edited:
So I recommend the following setup:
$63 - XFX TS Series 550W PSU
$100 - Silverstone GD05B mATX HTPC Case
----
Total: $163 shipped

Try the onboard audio and current RAM setup first and then see if you need to upgrade those later on.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the input guys! That 600w evga is a good deal, and cases looks like silverstone is the way to go, does anyone have any experience with nmediapc cases? actually come to think of it, the silverstone cases you guys linked both have better ventilation. Thanks and closing this.

Back