I'm looking for a new NAS.
* Turnkey operation. i.e. delivered ready to use as a NAS. I don't mind 'bare NASs', i.e. those that I add drives myself.
* Decent aftercare support (warranty extension plans / on-site service a plus)
* Low (but not necessarily silent) noise operation.
* 750Gb unformatted capacity in a RAID5 configuration of 4 drives.
* Hot swappable a plus. Swapping without disassembly a must.
* Audible HDD / unit failure notices a plus
* Gigabit, with ACTUAL GIGABIT-ISH TRANSFER RATES especially for small files.
* Compact size a plus
Any suggestions?
* Turnkey operation. i.e. delivered ready to use as a NAS. I don't mind 'bare NASs', i.e. those that I add drives myself.
* Decent aftercare support (warranty extension plans / on-site service a plus)
* Low (but not necessarily silent) noise operation.
* 750Gb unformatted capacity in a RAID5 configuration of 4 drives.
* Hot swappable a plus. Swapping without disassembly a must.
* Audible HDD / unit failure notices a plus
* Gigabit, with ACTUAL GIGABIT-ISH TRANSFER RATES especially for small files.
* Compact size a plus
Any suggestions?