Steam Winter Sale is LIVE!

is Burnout any good?

I really like that game and finally I going to get it....looks stunning on 3d vision.
Prey is a great game imho and at that price I am going to get it and hope I get opengl support soon.
I too need opinions on Space Siege and killing Floor.

I dont play multiplayer games and was wondering if the single player experience for Killing Floor is any good?

As a zombie game connoisseur, I absolutely love killing floor. It is definitely worth the 5 bucks! I got my friends into it and just now bought a copy for another buddy of mine.

Multiplayer is where the most enjoyment is found. I have yet to really try the Singleplayer.

Killing Floor is worth $5. Orange Box for $15 is $5 too much. But I don't think Prey is worth 2 bits, let alone $2.25.

All I want is Fallout 3 GOTY for $20. Is that too much to ask?

Orange box is worth $10 to you? Some of the greatest games available in one cheap package? Shrug

As a zombie game connoisseur, I absolutely love killing floor. It is definitely worth the 5 bucks! I got my friends into it and just now bought a copy for another buddy of mine.

Multiplayer is where the most enjoyment is found. I have yet to really try the Singleplayer.
well go play the single player and let me know...:D

dang it i bought KF earlier for $10
after playing it, I think $5 is a much more reasonable deal
i dont know if there's any other game modes but the whole hold off waves of zombies gameplay gets VERY repetitive very fast

Guess no Mass Effect PC sale. Should've bought it from EA for $10. Damn it. :mad:

Nice I may have to pick up the Orange Box finally, just for TF2 and maybe EP2. People still play right?

edit: and Burnout Paradise was so much fun on PS3, how is it on PC?

And today's deals are:

Killing Floor - $4.99
Space Siege - $4.99
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $7.49
The Orange Box - $14.99 (okay, seriously, who doesn't have this at this point?)
Prey - $2.25

Thanks, gonna borrow this :p

It is a very good "port" to PC. You can play in a higher res and everything else you would expect out of a PC game. The only downside is that you cannot get the Big Surf Island DLC on PC yet.

Hey cannondale, the single player is exactly like the multiplayer. I should have known!

It is still loads of fun hacking your way through tons and tons of undead mutated monsters, but I dont care to play it solo. Don't expect a story. Really all it is, mostly, is that you are part of a search team that is supposedly looking for survivors, and find a lot of hungry specimen-zombies ready to tear your limbs off. The specimen are nicely modeled and the attacks are sweet. The weaponry available to you has been recently updating and is very fun to mess around with!

You owe me an add on steam lol :) steamname is dhrx3

Hey cannondale, the single player is exactly like the multiplayer. I should have known!

It is still loads of fun hacking your way through tons and tons of undead mutated monsters, but I dont care to play it solo. Don't expect a story. Really all it is, mostly, is that you are part of a search team that is supposedly looking for survivors, and find a lot of hungry specimen-zombies ready to tear your limbs off. The specimen are nicely modeled and the attacks are sweet. The weaponry available to you has been recently updating and is very fun to mess around with!

You owe me an add on steam lol :) steamname is dhrx3
wow you really checked. lol. I think I am going to pass on getting it. I started a thread on Steam and I am certainly getting way more nays than yays for single player. oh well thanks anyway.

Nice I may have to pick up the Orange Box finally, just for TF2 and maybe EP2. People still play right?

Do you mean you already have the other games? I ask because if you mean you won't play the others, you are missing the best game in the Box, Portal.

wow you really checked. lol. I think I am going to pass on getting it. I started a thread on Steam and I am certainly getting way more nays than yays for single player. oh well thanks anyway.

That's what we are all about here on [H] :D

Too bad you don't care to try out the multiplayer. It really is a blast!

LOL. I think you spent more money thanks to this sale. Saving money is overrated anyway.....

Meaning I got ripped off or I spent more than I normally would have? :D Because I think $4 per game is a steal. Plus, I now will be able to unload a lot of these hard copies I have and recover some of my costs.

WOW.... youre covered for at least 2 years...

It would last a good 2 years, but sadly I have played and beaten a lot of these as I own physical copies already. :rolleyes: It seems silly to re-buy games, but that is the drawback to going all digital. I do like not having to worry about patches though!!

Well this thread is ridiculously long already. I picked up Stalker, Darf Forces 2, World in Conflict, and Titan Quest. Stalker definitely worth 2.50. Haven't tried the others yet.

I dont play multiplayer games and was wondering if the single player experience for Killing Floor is any good?

No, God no. It's not worth the $5 for singleplayer. I have a couple of guest passes if you or anyone else wants to try it out.

On a side note how the fuck is CoD MW2 the second best selling game on Steam right now next to all of these sales? I mean really, wtf?

No, God no. It's not worth the $5 for singleplayer. I have a couple of guest passes if you or anyone else wants to try it out.

On a side note how the fuck is CoD MW2 the second best selling game on Steam right now? I mean really, wtf?
PM sent on the guest pass.
well MW2 is still new so thats the only reason I can imagine that many people are crazy enough to spend 60 bucks on it.

No, God no. It's not worth the $5 for singleplayer.

That's key. I know this is apples and oranges, but the reason why I can't really get into L4D is because co-op relies so much on, well, other people. Some games are great. Some are full of whiny ragequitters.

When school is out (as is the case now), no problem, I have plenty of time to play. But when school is in, I teach the whiny ragequitting 12 year olds and hate having my limited game time at home ruined by them.

I love these steam sale periods, most of the nearly new titles will even run great on my laptop.
Bit for: Grid, BF2, Osmos, Silent Hunter 3 and 4, Hawx, dead space and red faction guerilla.

Not playing any of them right now, started the new COD which was cheaper retail, but steam runs it so that's great. Got more than enough to chew through idle time in year ahead lol

Every day I purchase at least one daily deal--it's becoming a bad habit! Bought Prey and Killing Floor this round. Still waiting for Mass Effect, Bioshock, Crysis Maximum Edition, F.E.A.R. 2, Fallout 3, Morrowind, Oblivion, Far Cry 2, Aquaria, Trine, Assassin's Creed, TimeShift, Twin Sector, Dark Sector, Titan Quest Gold, Garry's Mod, Counter Strike: Condition Zero and Ninja Blade to show up on the daily deals. :eek: I'm still considering Eidos Pack but holding off on it for now. It would also be nice if L4D, L4D2 and Borderlands showed up on the daily deals page :p

In for Burnout, Stalker Clear Sky and Indigo prophecy
Total ca. $15
Got to love Steam sales !

So far I've picked up ghostbusters ( beat this awesome game, only had a couple of FPs spikes) and both stalker games. But nothing else has caught my eye.

I would tell everybody to pick up killing floor, the dev's are allways updating the game with new and exciting stuff! I paid $20 and feel it was more than worth it.

Still waiting for Mass Effect, Bioshock, Crysis Maximum Edition, F.E.A.R. 2, Fallout 3, Morrowind, Oblivion, Far Cry 2, Aquaria, Trine, Assassin's Creed, TimeShift, Twin Sector, Dark Sector, Titan Quest Gold, Garry's Mod, Counter Strike: Condition Zero and Ninja Blade to show up on the daily deals.

Bioshock is up now :D

I would love to see a Fallout 3, Mass Effect and Gary's Mod daily deals.
Although I would feel silly if they had Oblivion one, as I picked up the Oblivion GotY Deluxe pack for ~$26 a couple days ago.

I cannot believe Prey is all sold out, I was going to pick that up.

My brother sent me a killing floor guest pass a few days ago and I was pretty unimpressed, but at 5 dollars I might bite.

How is burnout paradise on PC?

Wow I had no idea that games sold out on steam. That's nuts!

bought Killing Floor for 5 bucks been waiting for it to be this cheap

so many good games on sale

also how can a digital download be sold out

edit I see what happened

they ran out of keys for Prey

haha, Bioshock just went live for $4.99 :D

Bioshock is up now :D

I would love to see a Fallout 3, Mass Effect and Gary's Mod daily deals.
Although I would feel silly if they had Oblivion one, as I picked up the Oblivion GotY Deluxe pack for ~$26 a couple days ago.

I cannot believe Prey is all sold out, I was going to pick that up.

You beat me to it! lol
Thanks!

also how can a digital download be sold out

edit I see what happened

they ran out of keys for Prey

I guess I jumped on that Prey deal just before they ran out of keys :eek:

Lets see how long it takes defy to update the first post :p

Last edited:
Well, I love it. While I wanted Prey, I was not going to play without 3d vision so I jumped on Bioshock right away!

I've waited for Burnout to go on sale for quite some time. No brainer for me.

I can happily say I'm not buying anything today. I already own Bioshock, and I dont yet own a wheel to play racing games, so no need to buy Burnout. :D.

Hmm... Prey might have been nice though.

Also, what's all this 3d vision I'm hearing about? Making me sad all over again that I cant see in 3d for some reason (dont know why, but every time I view something in 3d, all I see is 2d.)

I got Bioshock even though I already own a retail disc copy, $5 is more then worth it for me to NOT use a CD all the damn time.

Back