Steam Winter Sale 2011

Guys, see the hot deals forum for saints row 3 deals. It is going for 20 on GMG and 15 pounds on THQ UK store. Links are all there.

Is there something weird with the Winter achievements? I just completed several of them and only a few are showing up. Like I did the CS:S and DoD:S ones, and still haven't gotten anything yet.

Is there something weird with the Winter achievements? I just completed several of them and only a few are showing up. Like I did the CS:S and DoD:S ones, and still haven't gotten anything yet.

Each day, several new objectives will be "unlocked" and only then the game achievements for that particular objective would be counted as objective completed, and you will get your gift.

So far none of the Valve's game objective have been in the daily objectives yet, so you'll have to wait until they are, then your achievements will be counted and you should get your gifts

Each day, several new objectives will be "unlocked" and only then the game achievements for that particular objective would be counted as objective completed, and you will get your gift.

So far none of the Valve's game objective have been in the daily objectives yet, so you'll have to wait until they are, then your achievements will be counted and you should get your gifts

Got it, that's kind of what I figured. Thanks.

Wow, how fucking lame.

I crafted 7 coal into a gift and it ended up being....50% off Osmos. Which is, yes, a game I already own. :rolleyes:

I would think they would at least check your goddamn Steam inventory before giving you an utterly useless coupon. :mad:

I was also under the impression that you would get a game with the coal, not some goddamn coupon.

way too much work. especially considering I own most of the major titles on steam. this christmas has been pretty bare for me....

Is it really underwhelming, or have you just bought most of the stuff you like in previous sales?

Really underwhelming. Seeing a whole lot of the same titles on sale that have been in the last two or three - Wings of Prey, Blur, Audiosurf, Polynomial, Defense Grid etc. Lots of C-grade titles and repeats.

steam is getting where these super sales are higher than anywhere else you get them.
NOT A GOOD SIGN

sure they won't check they will just click pay...weeeee for us

Splinter Cell Conviction or even Double Agent worth getting at those prices? Loved the first 3 games(original,Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory).

Edit:
I have the original Company of Heroes on DVD but dont have any of the expansions. Instead of buying the original game I could buy the two expansions(save like 1.99 lol). Would this work? Do the steam expansions work with the original game?

Last edited:
Just started playing Orcs Must Die!

Really great game, however it is so intense (like most tower defense games). Therefore I can play no more than two maps in one sitting or else my brain and eyes will melt.

With the steam winter sale starting tomorrow, what games are you guys looking to pick up?
steam_sale_time_wallet-240x300.jpg

Steam... I hate it... But I love it.

rXTj2.png

I also had about 178~ before this sale (dozens from last year's sale also).

Furthermore, I decided to grab RAGE! Because, what the heck.

steam is getting where these super sales are higher than anywhere else you get them.
NOT A GOOD SIGN

sure they won't check they will just click pay...weeeee for us

I think you're right. Out of the games I added to my Steam list over the last week, only one of them actually was bought through Steam.

What?? Most of the games on sale are 75% off.. or more.

sigh, the games on the front page are not "most of the games," in fact, they are a very tiny percentage of all the games available on steam. I have 15 games in my wishlist that are not new titles and none of them have gone above 50%.

TOKI TORI, best puzzle game ever, got some thoroughly hard levels, if you played popular puzzle games like Portal 2 and literally never got stuck once like me, just pick this bad boy up for cheap, really well made game with a good range of easy to hard puzzles with a good ramp in difficulty.

Got loads of games so far up about 22 games I reckon.

sigh, the games on the front page are not "most of the games," in fact, they are a very tiny percentage of all the games available on steam. I have 15 games in my wishlist that are not new titles and none of them have gone above 50%.

15 titles aren't most of the games on Steam either.
I would agree the big publishers are not discounting their back catalogs as heavily as they have in the past, they're either pushing the bundles or focusing on getting one or two games onto the daily deals front page.
But you go to any of genre specific screens and page through the specials, 75% is still the most common discount.

Though I will say, I haven't seen as many 80-90% individual games.

Man, I thought today's deals would be outstanding, being Christmas Day and all. 25% MW3 oh cmon! Surely you can do better than that!

Today's deals Suck!
Still hoping for Trine 2 to go on sale.

Merry Christmas! :D

So in completing the 10 wishlist objective, I realized that I have almost every game I actually want on Steam. I just filled it with 10 games that I kinda, sorta want.

So in completing the 10 wishlist objective, I realized that I have almost every game I actually want on Steam. I just filled it with 10 games that I kinda, sorta want.

I wish I could say that :p

My top 10 are games that I really want and I'm hoping and praying that I'll be selected for the winner of top 10 or even top 5 games category in the final lucky draw.:D

Is X3 worth getting?

I've got soooo many games here to play. Arkham City, Assassins Creed Revelations, Saints Row The Third , Skyrim.

Got a nasty case of "not in the mood" lately, spend more time staring into thin air than playing games. Totally gone off them and I can't work out why. Not a good feeling.

Yeah 6 games on my wishlist don't even have a release date, the other 4 are whatever.

Just like Christmas, having disposable income kind of ruins the spirit of steam sales since I buy games as soon as they're released rather than wait. Makes good gifting though! :)

Nothing. There is far too much price-fixed shit on Steam now. Paying twice or three times as much for the same games in the same currency is unacceptable.

At least Amazon and GoG don't bother to check IPs to enforce Gamestop's shitty extortion rackets.

People like you will probably save PC gaming :cool:.

yeah non north american people get screwed over by steam which is stupid.

yeah non north american people get screwed over by steam which is stupid.

Funnily enough I'm in the UK for Christmas, and Skyrim worked out slightly cheaper in the sale here than it was in the US. So I ended up gifting it to my US account.

Oh my... Steam claimed $351.29 this holiday season. :(

I was afraid to add it all up, this is from the BF/CM deals until now; a month of Steam wallet murder.

Back