Steam weekend deal: Mass Effect $9.99

Ok you're evil... :p

doesn't the game still have the draconian DRM? Only 3 installs or something. I dont think Steam gets rid of the SRM. And this game is one of the worst DRM offenders out there.

Ugh I'm so torn on this. On one hand its only $10 but on the other I HATE rpg games. I hate having to collect items. I also dislike third person shooters; feels wrong.

But I do love sci-fi and I did read a mass effect spin off novel (my brother had it lying around) and it was pretty good. I dunno. I have STALKER and Bioshock that I bought for $5 a piece and I stopped playing soon after I realized I had to gather and collect items.

I dunno why it bothers me so much.

Ugh I'm so torn on this. On one hand its only $10 but on the other I HATE rpg games. I hate having to collect items. I also dislike third person shooters; feels wrong.

But I do love sci-fi and I did read a mass effect spin off novel (my brother had it lying around) and it was pretty good. I dunno. I have STALKER and Bioshock that I bought for $5 a piece and I stopped playing soon after I realized I had to gather and collect items.

I dunno why it bothers me so much.

ME has a terrible inventory system but luckily it's the 'shootiest' of BioWare's RPGs. In my case, i basically just upgraded what I wanted from the list every time I was on the ship, and then sold 100% of everything else, except I kept samples of the various Ammo Types just in case I needed them for a tough situation.

Ok you're evil... :p

doesn't the game still have the draconian DRM? Only 3 installs or something. I dont think Steam gets rid of the SRM. And this game is one of the worst DRM offenders out there.

I'm pretty sure time has washed this one clean. Besides, Steam games by definition have their own DRM, so you can play any Steam game on any computer you install Steam on and log in to your own account.

Mass Effect from Steam doesn't have any limit on the number of times you can reinstall. If it had a limited number of installs I wouldn't have touched it. The limited number of installs DRM was removed when it was released on Steam.

Mass Effect from Steam doesn't have any limit on the number of times you can reinstall. If it had a limited number of installs I wouldn't have touched it. The limited number of installs DRM was removed when it was released on Steam.
Awesome, that's the main reason I never got it when it came out. Just bought it on steam :D

Quite a good deal. I'd buy it if I didn't have it on the 360 :eek:
Wonder if they'll put up some more items on sale for this weekend, like they did last weekend. Hmmm.

Is Mass Effect for PC compatible with my wired 360 controller? I liked using the 360 controller for Braid and Batman AA.

Sweet deal but I've already played enough of this game on the 360. Put in countless hours and (probably stupidly) bought all of the DLC. :p

Great, I know what I'll be buying when I get home. I played ME1 through on the 360, but will be buying ME2 for the PC so I need to play ME1 again prior to launch so I have a save game ready to go.

Not a big fan of RPG type games, but everyone says this is really good. Can't go wrong with $10.

Didn't that Zero chap call this Mass Erect?

I'm (finally) buying...

Registering the game w/Bioware nets you the Bring Down the Sky DLC for free. Woot woot for PC gaming.

I sold my retail box version for decent $ but I think i'll buy it back @ this price.

I loved this game on 360 but lost me save. Think I will play through this so I can have a save file for part 2.

Mass Effect from Steam doesn't have any limit on the number of times you can reinstall.
They also released a de-authorization tool for the boxed version, so as log as you remember to use it you can uninstall and reinstall unlimited times.

I picked it up for $16 and it was worth it, so $10 is a deal if you haven't played it or if you want to play on PC rather than Xbox 360.

Best game I've ever played

I also hated KOTOR. Sorry. I've played way better B grade RPGs. (Huge Star Wars fan, I did like KOTOR 2 more though since it wasn't as stupid as the first one). I'll save the rant though. I'm going to give this one a try but, honestly, I'm not thrilled about it. More just interested.

Back