Steam Summer Sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

memnoch998

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know when this officially kicks off? I'm pretty stoked to get a good backlog of games to hold me off for a month or two. I've seen a few threads about GOG starting theirs, and was hoping steam would be following suite soon. Thanks in advance.

The Steam summer sale has historically been the week of the Fourth of July.

This might allow my family to get games at great prices for me. :D

Other than that... no cash on hand to get anything this round. :(

Alright.. This gives me something to shoot for, as i've missed the sale for the last few years. Any idea if it's all about getting daily deals or just an over-all sale? I'm pumped. And thanks for the reply.

Oh god...no more deals. No more deals...

steam_sale_time_wallet-240x300.jpg

looking to pick up Far Cry 3 during the sale...I'm sure it'll be pretty cheap

Pretty much bought all the games I really wanted during the winter.

All I actually want is Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

I might look out for borderlands 2, farcry 3, etc...

lol it wont be as cheap as you can already buy it in the FS section.

Steam Summer/Winter Sales usually bring out the dirt cheap Steam prices...especially now that the game is 6 months old

plus most (if not all) of the Far Cry 3 codes available in the FS section are for the Uplay version...I prefer the Steam version

Steam Summer/Winter Sales usually bring out the dirt cheap Steam prices...especially now that the game is 6 months old

plus most (if not all) of the Far Cry 3 codes available in the FS section are for the Uplay version...I prefer the Steam version
I paid 10 bucks total for Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon combined and it will not be any where near that cheap on Steam summer sale. and even on Steam you will have to launch Uplay so it does not matter.

Their Winter sale was pretty terrible last year (but the year before that was insane), I'm hoping they do something special this summer.

I honestly don't even know what games I would want to buy at this point.

Last year's summer sale was very late. I think it started last week of July or something.

I can't even justify buying one game for $60 because a) I don't have the time to finish it and b) its expensive...however thanks to Steam sales, my brain justifies buying 6 games for $60 and just seems to ignore the time requirement and identical financial sacrifice. MORE = BETTER!!! Thanks Gabe.

no they havent, they either start at the end of June or the week after 4th of July.

June 24, (last Thursday of the month) 2010 Steam summer sale
June 30 (last Thursday of the month), 2011 Steam summer sale
July 12, (second Thursday of the month) 2012 Steam summer sale

Also just for kicks Valve announced the trading card beta goes live for everyone on June 26th right before a "big surprise" my guess the sale starts June 27 the last Thursday of this month. Just like it did in 2011,2012 summer sales

Last edited:
aw man, I'm pumped. Going out of the country, so I need to stock up and increase my backlog.

Hoping to at least pick up FC3 and Blood Dragon, and Bioshock Infinite, probably Tomb Raider. Of course, now that I think about it, I could probably pick all of those up cheap right now from never settle bundle keys.

Regardless, still excited.

no they havent, they either start at the end of June or the week after 4th of July.

June 24, (last Thursday of the month) 2010 Steam summer sale
June 30 (last Thursday of the month), 2011 Steam summer sale
July 12, (second Thursday of the month) 2012 Steam summer sale

Also just for kicks Valve announced the trading card beta goes live for everyone on June 26th right before a "big surprise" my guess the sale starts June 27 the last Thursday of this month. Just like it did in 2011,2012 summer sales

Ok so I guess what I ment to say was its usually somewhere around the that time frame.

LOL... a user by the name of "MrWrong" was called out for being a few days off, with just a simple generalization of saying "the week of"... LOL!!

does is suck when the steam sales come around and you ALREADY OWN EVERY GODDAMN THING ON SALE?

yes it does

I want to buy an X3 combo pack. The big thread on Star Citizen made me want to play more space games.

Not the summer sale just yet, but I picked up the Syberia and Syberia II bundle today for $3.74. I've heard they are some of the best adventure games ever made and have wanted to try them for some time.

I'm looking forward to a few strategy games if they get on the summer sale, specifically Arena Wars II, Defense Grid and Shogun II. I'd buy SupCom II, but only for a dollar lol! Maybe 'The Swapper' also.

I want Bioshock Infinite and some Borderlands 2 DLC. I think that's about it.

Hopefully Metro Last Light
you can already buy it for cheaper than it will be on sale. most of the popular games out there could have have already been bought so I dont know why some of you are waiting on a sale price that will cost even more.

you can already buy it for cheaper than it will be on sale. most of the popular games out there could have have already been bought so I dont know why some of you are waiting on a sale price that will cost even more.

Even on a site like this I would say most people are actually not that aware and informed of other options.

aw man, I'm pumped. Going out of the country, so I need to stock up and increase my backlog.

Hoping to at least pick up FC3 and Blood Dragon, and Bioshock Infinite, probably Tomb Raider. Of course, now that I think about it, I could probably pick all of those up cheap right now from never settle bundle keys.

Regardless, still excited.

AMD keys would probably be the cheapest option for most of them. FC3 + BR keys are really low value atm, and I doubt TR keys will cost more than the $20 I paid GMG for.

I usually use these huge sales event to expand the variety of games I have in my backlog. I have a habit of changing interest. One week I would be in the mood for FPS and the next I would be playing strategy. So it's always nice to pick up different games at $10 or lesser.

Even on a site like this I would say most people are actually not that aware and informed of other options.

Inform away!

I search the internet for cheaper games and will sometimes find them. I'm not into used PC games, and hesitant going to unknown sites. I have gone to Green Man gaming a couple times, and that appears to work.

Inform away!

I search the internet for cheaper games and will sometimes find them. I'm not into used PC games, and hesitant going to unknown sites. I have gone to Green Man gaming a couple times, and that appears to work.

Desura is good. Avoid GOG (Good Old Games), they sneak bloatware into their installers.

probably too soon for a good Metro: Last Light deal...guess I'll settle for Far Cry 3 (for under $15)

Hmm, Amazon has Metro Last Light disc only for 34.99. But it looks like it wouldn't ship for up to 2 weeks.

does is suck when the steam sales come around and you ALREADY OWN EVERY ******* THING ON SALE?

yes it does

No, what sucks is when you already own everything on sale and haven't played over 90% of them.

Having used GMG /a lot/ the last six months, I don't think there's any big title I'm especially looking forward to getting on the cheap.

RIP $-GMG. Was fun while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back