Steam Summer Sale 2011

I've gotten my character to level 25 or so and am now just focusing on the main missions and not picking up any of the side missions. I agree that the game is insanely deep and a person could play it through multiple times and never complete 100%, but for now I'm hoping to play it through completion of the main story and then move to something else. Its a great game and well worth the $7.50 I paid during a midweek deal a few months ago, but I've reached the point where my character can pretty much defeat most of the enemies pretty easily and I want to finish the story off.

The game begins after you beat playthrough 1 the first time...

Not to mention that many of the "side missions" result in items, enemies, and experiences (cinematic and comedic) that you won't otherwise see in the entire game.

Thought I was going to escape this steam sale without any purchases (have practically every game I want already) but after reading about Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga I had to get it.....that and Worms Reloaded. ;)

DD2 was a fun game, I went through it as an archer and kicked some ass.

Ok. Just got FO3 and ME2. I hope ME2 is at least as good as the first.

I felt the combat was much better than the first. The story didn't seem to have been as involved (I was far less interested in the middle part of the game), but it was still a fun game to play.

Picked up a game called Solar 2, neat little game with an odd mechanism, granted it's like a REALLY long web based flash game, but still has a few extras that bring up above that level... and for $4.99 why the fuck not.

Fallout3 was my best game of 2008, though with community mods it goes supernova. I didn't like the DLC so much except for the last one on Mothership Zeta, though the level bump with Broken Steel was a welcome one. You could probably ding 30 without even getting into the DLC content, the game world is so massive with surprises in every crook and cranny of the Wasteland.

Fallout3 was my best game of 2008, though with community mods it goes supernova. I didn't like the DLC so much except for the last one on Mothership Zeta, though the level bump with Broken Steel was a welcome one. You could probably ding 30 without even getting into the DLC content, the game world is so massive with surprises in every crook and cranny of the Wasteland.

What's a good mod or modpack for someone who has played the game partway through when the game first came out but wanted to wait for patches/mods to improve it? Is there a good overall total conversion that upgrades -everything- ala Stalker's "Complete" mod series?

What's a good mod or modpack for someone who has played the game partway through when the game first came out but wanted to wait for patches/mods to improve it? Is there a good overall total conversion that upgrades -everything- ala Stalker's "Complete" mod series?

x2 I'm interested in this as well.

x3. i just bit on it too and would like to know as well

Another day of crap. Portal 2 is the only thing worth mentioning.

And Portal 2 pops up... not sure I want to bite at $25 though... I'll wait a year or so.

Supreme Commander 2 can be gotten for less than the cost of a happy meal though, but being as I already played through it and sold the game on ebay don't think I'll do this.

How do the PoP games play on PC? Can they be played decently with a kbm?

Yeah works fine with keyboard pick up PoP Forgotten Sands last sale works great with the keyboard and xbox controller, play most of the time with the keyboard great game :)

Terraria 4 pack for less than a single copy at retail price? Yes please. Been wanting to play the game since May, but knew it'd be this cheap during a sale. And now I have random gifts to pass out to friend sas well. Gotta love Steam.

Terraria 4 pack for less than a single copy at retail price? Yes please. Been wanting to play the game since May, but knew it'd be this cheap during a sale. And now I have random gifts to pass out to friend sas well. Gotta love Steam.

i'd like a copy if you bought a 4pack! :D

edit: sorry double post

The F1 2010 game is a lot like ACTUAL F1 2010 -- flashy, pretty, immersive, but really, really boring. You can't simulate something boring into a good game unless you change what made the real thing boring, and they didn't. In fact, like most Codemasters games, it doesn't even get a lot of the simulation aspect right, so if you like F1, you are much better off playing GPL or Forza 2/3. At least those games got right the core sim aspects that make racing so enjoyable.

edit: This is all from a huge motorsport and F1 fan (of older F1).

Dead Space was cheaper last year lol, I'm considering the Hitman pack hm...

Looks like I can finally get portal 2, I am not sure how I missed that the first time around.

also, Duke is easily worth that price of admission.

I already have Dead Space 2 but those that don't really need to pick it up.

Portal 2 will have to be cheaper for me to bite. too much of a backlog to justify spending more than 10 bucks on a game.

is PoP worth $15? or is it better to buy a couple individual games from the series?

Looks like I can finally get portal 2, I am not sure how I missed that the first time around.

also, Duke is easily worth that price of admission.
for a Steam sale, 25 bucks is not that cheap anymore even for a good game so I don't see how you can think its good for Duke Nukem.

Good deals today:

Terraria. Digital crack. 2D open world fantasticalness. A steal at 2.50. I paid 10 bucks and it was more than worth it (and I price game values VERY low).

Dead space 2 is a good game, solid horror/action, worth 15, but should have been 7.50 or 10. I've already bought it in a previous sale (don't remember what I paid).

Hitman games are all very good action/assassination, very immersive, VERY rewarding when you work so hard for a beautiful picture-perfect stealth assasination. The pack is missing one of the best in the series though (Hitman : Contracts, which is not on steam due to a licensing issue with the soundtrack). Bummer. They're all worth it though.

I bought the Duke BOS Collector's Edition as a collector's item and it was worth it to me, but the game itself isn't great, just a solid one-time linear FPS with a lot of great humor. Worth 25 if you are oldschool. Absolutely not if you don't remember LAN party marathons with Duke 3D.

PAM is garbage.

The X Superbox is GREAT if you like lonely outer space exploration, mining, trading, exploring, fighting, etc. Free roaming galaxy awaits you. Do you accept the call? It has a steep learning curve and requires a joystick for maximum enjoyability.

NWN2 sucks imo. Lots like it, but I hate it. Bad engine, awful camera, bad controls, VERY buggy. I've tried repeatedly to play it coop over the years, but my entire group hates the fucking thing. We're never going near it again.

POP is great for those that like action/platform/puzzlers. Similar in many respects to the Tomb Raider series. If you like that stuff, you'll dig it.

Supreme Commander 2 sucks ass when compared to its lineage and competition. Don't be fooled. It goes on sale for this cheap 3-5 times per year and always suckers some people in, but don't bite. It is a mere shell of the original (and TA, for that matter) and has nothing to offer any serious fan of strategy games.

Fuck Portal 2 at 25. They've got to drop it a lot more than that before I'll bite. My wife and I would like to play the coop, but 45 for the 2 pack? Pleeeease. I did call it though:

Tomorrow or this weekend probably, and it'll still be 20-25 bucks, cause Valve hasn't milked it enough yet.

Last edited:
Picked up Duke.... just cause it's Duke, and hey, it's still half what most folks paid.

Also:
Portal 2, Terriana, and Dead Space pack (for DS2) I'll replay DS1 for $5

That's all I've picked up so far this year, mostly because I've gotten the others from prior steam sales.

I had to make the easiest decision of the Steam sales so far.

Picked up NWN2 + it's expansions for only $6.79

so easy a decision!

nothing good today, and supreme commander 2 was well received, assassins creed is the new prince of persia and what the hell is PAM?

Back