steam sale question

fightingfi

2[H]4U
sega pack on sale i see is the Aliens vs Predator game they have any good? when i search for reviews i get the first game not the newer game for a pc review its only 5 bucks so maybe its worth it LULZ ?

I didn't care for the new AVP. Loved the original game many years ago. This one felt very cheaply made. If you're a big fan of the series, $5 is worth it.

I say $2 for Alpha Protocol is much better game and a great deal.

Oh awesome... a sega sale!

I think the classic pack #4 has some of my favorites, namely the Shining Force series.

I'm a huge AvP fan and I bought the collectors edition of this game for the PS3 when it was released. It really is a disappointment. The game had a lot of potential but they fell flat by trying to play it safe. Is it a terrible game? Eh, I've played worse. I wont say I completely hated this game seeing that when it went on sale about a year ago on Steam I bought the game again so I could have it on my PC as well. At $5 that's not a bad deal. Angry Joe gives a great review of the game and even gave the game a 7 out of 10.

http://angryjoeshow.com/2010/02/game-review-aliens-vs-predator/

I didn't like Alpha Protocol at all. I do however LOVE the "Total War" games. They are always highly rated. They take some time to get into, but well worth it in my opinion.

I didn't really think AvP was that bad. It wasn't spectacular, but it was definately playable. Can't remember why people got all pissy and irrate about it.

AvP single player campaings are pretty good.

The story was a really great tribute to the franchises, and the original AvP comics.
The gameplay is old school, there is even a healthbar for one boss.
You really feel like the character/species you are controlling. Nice animations n stuff

I didn't really think AvP was that bad. It wasn't spectacular, but it was definately playable. Can't remember why people got all pissy and irrate about it.

No Iron Sight
Jumping useless for Marines
Bad voice acting
Weak Alien story
No flares in Multiplayer
Only 2 maps with access to 12 or more players (some of the DLC maps allow more players but hardly anyone has bought them)
Insta-kill button for Aliens and Predators gets over used by noobs
Poor netcoding (on consoles, PC seems fine)
Marine can knock down a Predator and and Alien using the butt of his gun (of course this was for balancing issues online)
Lame multiplayer skins (you gain experience to access more skins that aren't that impressive)
No new Alien types

There was an even longer list of what Rebellion failed at but they managed to fix a lot of them through updates (example dedicated servers didn't exist for a long time till they finally released a patch to add it in). All in all, they played it safe and didn't take a risk which came back and bit them hard in the ass (Rebellion laid off a bunch of employees a month after release).

Although it sounds like I'm nick picking (ok I am), it's still a playable and enjoyable game, especially at $5.

Weak Alien story.

I'd like to know what kind of story-line an alien can have...

"I came out of this giant egg, attached myself to someone's face, implanted myself in that person's belly, burst out a while later, wreaked havoc"

"I came out of this giant egg, attached myself to someone's face, implanted myself in that person's belly, burst out a while later, wreaked havoc"

Have you seen the comics or books? Aliens Asylum had a scientist doing experiments with the Aliens learning how to control them while sacrificing his own people link. Genocide took place on the Alien home world there was actually two different colored aliens, red and black, that were at constant war with each other link. Then there was Earth Hive where planet Earth actually gets over run by Aliens link.

All three of those could make excellent games.

There are fantastically deep comics out there, where the aliens are self-aware and philosophical in a Sun Tzu, inter-galactic domination kind of way.

It's just human, analytical overlay that reduces aliens to "monsters" or "animals".

For example in Mass Effect 1, there was an alien, on a planet, that was reknown and feared for it's ferociousness in combat. After hearing the planet's populace shitting in their pants ( due to rumours, legends and misinterpretations ) you have the option of having a telepathic conversation with the queen "mother" of the race and the option to kill it or let it go ( it's thought to be the last surviving member of the race ).

Oh awesome... a sega sale!

I think the classic pack #4 has some of my favorites, namely the Shining Force series.

Plus 10!!!

Picked this up and it's pretty damn cool, old memories! haha Wel worth the price. :D

I didn't like Alpha Protocol at all.
01.jpg
02.jpg

03.jpg

As an AVP sim, it's pretty good... as a game, not so much. It really does feel like a game from 2000 in every aspect of its design. It really does nail playing as the Alien and Predator, though.

sega pack on sale i see is the Aliens vs Predator game they have any good? when i search for reviews i get the first game not the newer game for a pc review its only 5 bucks so maybe its worth it LULZ ?

first thing I do when wondering if a game might be worth it is check videos of other people playing in on youtube, if it seems fun, check it out further...

Back