Steam Sale is on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam is officially pissing me off. I'm deployed to the Middle East at the moment and can't purchase games because Steam see's that my IP adress is different from my billing info. They fixed this a month ago when it first happened but I missed a great deal. I missed yesterday's deals due to it after it happened again and am likely going to miss today's as well. I sent Support an email yesterday and they said they are working on it but the last email was 10 hours ago. I just tried to create a new account and gift myself the games but Steam told me FU with the same error message. I swapped my country out to get it to work but then it didnt like that cause my paypal billing info didnt match the country. AAAAAArrrrrgghhhhh!

/rant

Half my wishlist is a daily deal today.

FFFFFUUUU--

edit: In for Lara Croft, RE5, and Burnout Paradise. Hopefully ME and ME2 will be tomorrow.

Last edited:
Sobek if you need help with this I can gift you anything you want and you can pay me via paypal. Might be easier than waiting for support.

So tempted to pull the trigger on AION since I haven't played an mmo since WoW a few years ago.

[UPS] Sorce;1036600398 said:
edit: In for Lara Croft, RE5, and Burnout Paradise. Hopefully ME and ME2 will be tomorrow.

This. I have ME from the EA store but I would buy again to have on Steam and I really want to play ME2.

For anyone buying Lara Croft: Make sure you have a controller. The keyboard controls are utter shit, or at least they were in the demo.

So tempted to pull the trigger on AION since I haven't played an mmo since WoW a few years ago.

If you're looking for a game that you'll enjoy for about 10 hours, get it. It has it's high points for that kind of a game.

If you're looking for a long term MMO, I dunno, it's not that great. There is an insane amount of grind in it. The classes really aren't that balanced for PvP. The economy and crafting sucks ass. Crafted weapons are insanely expensive to make, yet on par (or worse) than the loot drops and despite the loot drops being hard to get, they are much easier to get than the time spent to craft a single high end weapon.

Just grabbed:

Puzzle Quest 1.50 USD
Bethesda Holiday Sale 2010 69.99 USD
Indie 2D Pack 4.99 USD
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 5.00 USD
Plants vs. Zombies GOTY 6.99 USD

My new backlog for when I get bored with WoW again. I was hoping Borderlands DLC and a better Dragon Age Deal... there is still time and more money to be spent

Just picked up the Witcher Enhanced for $5. Had it from D2D, but sick of redownloading then applying the enhanced patch every time I want to reinstall.

How is Gothic 4 (on sale with Gothic bundle)? Loved Gothic 2,3 and Risen, but have heard mixed reviews on 4...

Steam is officially pissing me off. I'm deployed to the Middle East at the moment and can't purchase games because Steam see's that my IP adress is different from my billing info. They fixed this a month ago when it first happened but I missed a great deal. I missed yesterday's deals due to it after it happened again and am likely going to miss today's as well. I sent Support an email yesterday and they said they are working on it but the last email was 10 hours ago. I just tried to create a new account and gift myself the games but Steam told me FU with the same error message. I swapped my country out to get it to work but then it didnt like that cause my paypal billing info didnt match the country. AAAAAArrrrrgghhhhh!

/rant

Same situation here... work around is the computers at work are okay, although the private internet I pay an arm and a leg for (at dialup speed) won't work. Try getting on a DoD computer, worked for me.

did
battlefield 2 bc
Aion
Lara Croft
The Witcher (even though i have a hardcopy)
and the polynomial

this is gonna make me broke lol

I put some random bullshit in, left the country at its default, and it worked. When I tried changing the country to the U.S. and entering my actual billing address it wouldn't let me since I didn't have a U.S. IP address. Then again, have of what I put in as my billing address was my old billing address, so that may be why it worked.

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut $5.00
Bioshock 2 $9.99
Defense Grid: The Awakening $2.00
Indie Fright Pack See note below † $4.99
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light $5.10
Indie 2D Pack See note below † $4.99
Total $32.07
:D

† Note: You already own the following items in "Indie Fright Pack". You will not receive extra copies of these items when you complete this purchase:
The Void
† Note: You already own the following items in "Indie 2D Pack". You will not receive extra copies of these items when you complete this purchase:
Galcon Fusion
VVVVVV
:(

† Note: You already own the following items in "Indie Fright Pack". You will not receive extra copies of these items when you complete this purchase:
The Void
† Note: You already own the following items in "Indie 2D Pack". You will not receive extra copies of these items when you complete this purchase:
Galcon Fusion
VVVVVV
:(

Oh bummer. I was going to gift out anything extra from the indie packs I pick up.

Todays are up, might buy Train Simulator for the hell of it. I will probably get a good amount of entertainment out of it. :)

Bully too, DOD, man I cant catch a break.

12/22

COD:MW $15
JC2 $7.50 again
AC2 $15
DOD:Source $2.50

I didn't see anything I wanted to get

Looks like the polynomial and grid defense are still a couple bucks

Anyone see anything else worth noting?

AvP $5
Recettear $6.80
Bully $3.75
DoD:S $2.50
Just Cause 2 $7.50
Assassin's Creed 2 $15
CoD4 MW $15
Monkey Island complete pack $17.50
Railworks 2 $6
Spore $7.50
Trials 2 $2.50
Zuma's Revenge $8

Indie deal: Clones $5

New deals up, for those that can't load Steam.

Thanks for posting. I can't load steam at work... looks like I'll be out another... 8$ today.... :(

Considering Bully at $3.75, otherwise I either already own the game or am not interested.

So far this Steam sale hasn't hurt one bit. FEAR pack, Super Meat Boy, and now maybe Bully. That's nothing compared to last year's wallet destroying madness.

Cool, I barely missed the JC2 sale last time. I meant to get it, but then slacked. I think I'll try the Railworks 2 for $6. Looks interesting. And DoD Source is almost Mandatory since I don't have it.

Todays are up, might buy Train Simulator for the hell of it. I will probably get a good amount of entertainment out of it. :)

Bully too, DOD, man I cant catch a break.

I'm not buying that game out of principle.
They literally spam steam with their DLCs, it has to be the only game that has over $600 in DLCs. It's fucking ridiculous.

Hey, anyone know if you can get a refund on a gift i bought that has not been given out yet?? I bought Railworks 2 the other day for $19.99 and really pissed i now see it on sale for $6! :/

Hey, anyone know if you can get a refund on a gift i bought that has not been given out yet?? I bought Railworks 2 the other day for $19.99 and really pissed i now see it on sale for $6! :/

I doubt it. Even if you miss a sale by 3 minutes they will not credit you the difference so I imagine the same is true for gifts. A friend of mine had that happen.

Did anyone buy the Peggle Complete bundle as a gift for $8 on the first day? I would gladly buy it off of them.

How much is spore?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I can't believe this game is already two years old.

Is the complete pack worth $20? I was under the impression this game flopped when it was released?

I doubt it. Even if you miss a sale by 3 minutes they will not credit you the difference so I imagine the same is true for gifts. A friend of mine had that happen.

Even if the gift has not been activated yet as i gifted it to myself? I asked support anyways.

I did notice some topic on a revoked gift but really no info on what the outcome would be if the person would get a refund heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back