Steam Removes Game From User Libraries

Article reads... "It appears that contrary to what I first believed, the single-player portion of the game—Order of War without the “Challenge”—is still available on Steam, and only the multi-player content has been removed."

Steve likes to stir things up.

Article reads... "It appears that contrary to what I first believed, the single-player portion of the game—Order of War without the “Challenge”—is still available on Steam, and only the multi-player content has been removed."

What I love is how the original article writer on Forbes is trying to save face by going "BUT MY POINT STILL STANDS!!!!"

No it doesn't. Not really. Not when you said was the first example of a said practice by party X was not actually an example of said practice by party X.

Furthermore, I consider it a service that Steam automatically pulls games that you can't play (through no fault of their own mind you) from your library. It wouldn't matter if you had it on a disk or in Steam, you wouldn't be able to play it anymore. It just did you the service of not having to fret over it by just yanking it. Parting done. Your only choice in either Steam or non-Steam scenario if it had stopped working in both single and multi player fashion is to pirate the game and get a crack. Steam just told you that you're on your own in that regard, as you would be if you had owned the game had it not been from Steam.

This article is trash.

Sounds like SE is the one people should be upset with. Valve just freed up some hard drive space by no longer caching files that served no purpose.

It sounds like the author is stuck on trying to blame Steam but can't quite make that sound reasonable even to him.

That is an update added after Steve posted this. Just like with the guy that stole electric for his car. The article started off saying one thing, then a few days later changed to give a completely different story.

Wouldn't Valve erasing games from the library without asking clash with hacking laws? Just because Steam gives Valve the ability to erase files from your computer doesn't mean it is legal to do so. And EULAs can't be used to get around laws. Considering that installing games is a process that asks for your consent (Steam can't choose which games you want to have installed in a given pc), as is uninstalling a game (they can't choose which games you no longer want to play), they couldn't even argue that you've implicitly given them permission to muck around with your system.

Wouldn't Valve erasing games from the library without asking clash with hacking laws? Just because Steam gives Valve the ability to erase files from your computer doesn't mean it is legal to do so. And EULAs can't be used to get around laws. Considering that installing games is a process that asks for your consent (Steam can't choose which games you want to have installed in a given pc), as is uninstalling a game (they can't choose which games you no longer want to play), they couldn't even argue that you've implicitly given them permission to muck around with your system.
I don't believe they removed any files from peoples' computers. Only removed the game from their library, that is, their online library.

Back