Steam Problem....

Of course the Steam servers are getting hammered. Theres a couple of million people all trying to do the same thing as you as at the same time. Valve even opened up more bandwidth specifically for this issue.

Now if you did what I did I let my computer run steam over night and when I woke up this morning, all I had to do was double click Halflife 2 in the Play Games section and it started right up.

They should have been ready for this and they weren't. Now either they don't have enough bandwidth or enough procesing power and we're all SOL. It's inexcuseable. It's not like this came out of nowhere. They had more than enough time to prepare.

Mcbuddah said:
Of course the Steam servers are getting hammered. Theres a couple of million people all trying to do the same thing as you as at the same time. Valve even opened up more bandwidth specifically for this issue.

Now if you did what I did I let my computer run steam over night and when I woke up this morning, all I had to do was double click Halflife 2 in the Play Games section and it started right up.

Ok how the hell did you tell Steam to keep trying to unlock HL2? Im trying to get my preload unlocked but I get an error message and have to manually retry every few minutes. I see no option to tell it to keep trying without me having to do it manually.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue. Steam is also telling me my account doesn't exist. I was about to flip out over the fact I spent 500 bucks on a new X800 XT and 98 bucks for HL2: Gold and now I lost all my gaming info. I wanna play HL2!!!!!!!

Hahahaah........:D I thought it was only me. Bought this game around 3:30 pm. Spend about an hour trying to get disc 3 to install. Then, went back to Gamestop and exchanged another one. Got home again at 5 pm. Spend another 15 minutes to 20 minutes to install it. Went through. Right now, I have to wait for the damn Steam server to creat my account and to grant me permission to play this game. :mad: :)

Folks, someday .... maybe just someday, we'll get the chance to play our retail copy of Half Life 2. But bless Valve for giving us the opportunity to pay them $60 for five coasters. Bless their generous hearts indeed.

:D

Back