Steam Link.. Yay?

I ordered one of these but I also can do In-Home Streaming (which works pretty well, actually)...I'll let you guys know if a Steam Link is any different or better.

Good thing about In-Home Streaming is that it works with my first-gen XB1 controller. ;)
 
I just got mine today. Seems decent enough, easy to set up and use.

I didn't really see much, if any difference in performance between the Steam Link and In-Home Streaming on my HTPC. It is a pretty decent machine (X4 975, 8 GB, GTX 970) so that might make a difference. I was also using Steam Link wirelessly, whereas the Streaming was wired, so maybe that is a plus for the Steam Link. It is about 1 foot away from the router, though (I need to put in a larger switch...)

So I guess this is cool if you don't have a decent HTPC, but otherwise it seems like In-Home Streaming can work just as well, and seems to support more controllers.
 
Back
Top