Steam is Killing the PC Market?

:rolleyes:

As much as I like Steam in its current form. you have got to be kidding me.

Steam is buying their way to the top b selling product at or below cost. This will drive in new customers, creating someone out of nothing. Down the line it will be up to Steam if the wish to continue this route :rolleyes: My guess is that they will ease up on the sales just like any other e-tailer startup does.

Newegg anyone? They used to have free shipping on all, and UBER cheap prices. Now places like Amazon, etc. at meeting and beating their discounts. Unless the markup on video games is insanely high, you should expect the same from steam. Then again, with no B&M there might be the headroom to do so.

This is the beauty of it. What you described does not need to happen. This is software not hardware.

This is the beauty of it. What you described does not need to happen. This is software not hardware.

Furthermore, there is no barrier to entry to a steam startup like there would be with newegg. How many [Strike=true]thousands[/s] millions of dollars in inventory does Newegg or Amazon have?

How much money does steam have in inventory? Nothing. Think about that for a second.

Well, now that I'm back in the states, I'll be going back to retail sales. I was buying games on Steam, simply cause I was overseas. I'd have to wait anywhere from a week to a month for a new game to show up. That or purchase the through an online retailer and wait a week and a half to get it.

Back