Steam Holiday Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as they're good at making video games (I.E. L4D series) I don't care if they suck at math or not. :p

Since they're asking full price for what is essentially DLC to a mod (L4D2), I guess they're hoping their fan base is even worse at math...

well, a link to wikipedia always ends every argument :rolleyes:

How about IGN's review:

"The first thing that needs to be said is that Guild Wars is not an MMO. There's a lot of misunderstanding going around, but GW is an online RPG that blends elements from Diablo-style online multiplayer"

Are you saying it's an MORPG, just not an MMORPG???

Please stop it, you two. It doesn't matter. Back to the deals please ...

That was my first question on the matter. I've never played an RPG, never played an MMO, and don't play anything on-line...

I don't know if it's the difference between an MORPG and an MMORPG, whatever they are?

IGN says it's a multi-player RPG game (MORPG?)... Which just means it's not massive? I honestly wouldn't have a clue as to the difference...

That's my general sentiment whenever I heard RPG/MMO/multi-player, so point taken...

In for World of Goo plus a couple extras for friends...

If you're in the mood for a fun, addictive, arcade-style driving game try Trackmania. It's given me years of fun and user created tracks keep it interesting. Fun for casual and hardcore players (it takes a surprising level of skill to get the top times!), and it runs very well even on old computers.

I'm also curious as to know how Guild Wars is not an MMORPG. I like RPGs but not MMORPGs. In my opinion, if you basically do nothing but grind for pointless leveling then it is an MMORPG. If it is more like, Dragon Age, with a main story and side quests, then it is an RPG that incorporates some online features.

I'd go for the latter, but the former would bore me to tears like all MMORPGs I've experienced have done.

That was my first question on the matter. I've never played an RPG, never played an MMO, and don't play anything on-line...
I don't know if it's the difference between an MORPG and an MMORPG, whatever they are?
IGN says it's a multi-player RPG game (MORPG?)... Which just means it's not massive? I honestly wouldn't have a clue as to the difference...
That's my general sentiment whenever I heard RPG/MMO/multi-player, so point taken...

guildwars is very plot driven. you complete 20 or so missions that advance the very nice story line. between the missions you hop from town to town completing quests, gaining skills, attributes, armor, weapons, experience, etc...
while you are in a town, you pick 8 skills out of 100s, and you join up with 7 other people, and then leave town and quest, explore, farm, etc.

the missions and the out of town sections are instanced, your party is the only group there, you all have the same goal, and no one else can join. which makes the cinematics possible.

in town you basically shop, trade, pick up quests, and play games with everyone else.

so its definitely multiplayer, its definitely online, its definitely an rpg, but theres a cap of 16 people playing together at a time outside a town. which i guess would make it very different from WoW where raids i guess now have an infinite number of people (or WoW wouldn't be massively morpg either)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back