Steam Holiday Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish we knew what was coming next haha. I'm gonna regret not buying Trine I know it.

lol..I was in the same boat so when I saw the new"deals"I already had Trine lined up for purchase so I got it.:cool:

I've been going through PoP now, and I pretty much figured it'd be on sale sometime soon. Beautiful game, I think it's on Amazon cheaper though.

PoP is a great game, but they shafted PC players by giving the DLC to consoles, but not PCs. Last Ubisoft game I buy for a long time...

I've been going through PoP now, and I pretty much figured it'd be on sale sometime soon. Beautiful game, I think it's on Amazon cheaper though.

I picked it up from a place that can't be named even though we all know where I'm talking about for about $7.

Hmm, anyone know why I can't gift my STALKER purchase... I already owned it but I bought the THQ pack...

That's already been covered. You can only gift single games out of packages for certain Valve packages. None of the other packages qualify.

Well, I might bite on the BF2 Complete. I have all the games on the disc, but it is a pain to install and authorize, so I will most likely give that a shot and sell my boxed copies at Gamestop. This is one of my favorite multi titles, so much fun with a big map and lots of peeps !
Wonder what they will give me ? A buck each ? LOL

Well, I might bite on the BF2 Complete. I have all the games on the disc, but it is a pain to install and authorize, so I will most likely give that a shot and sell my boxed copies at Gamestop. This is one of my favorite multi titles, so much fun with a big map and lots of peeps !
Wonder what they will give me ? A buck each ? LOL

Does GameStop even take PC trade-ins?

If they did, you wouldn't get much for such an old game. If I grabbed a steam copy, I'd just install BF2 on a friend's with the boxed copy.

I wouldn't pay $10 for a 2nd (weaker) ending to PoP, so I don't care about the missing DLC. Most DLC is a cash grab and not that great.

I have Trackmania already, but its worth the $20 IMO.

I love TMUF, and while worth $20 (on sale), it's been out a while, and any who wanted it already has it, and anyone on the fence or not so interested aren't going to be any more interested in it @ $20...

It should be $30/$15(sale) or $20/$10 by now...

sprung for BF2, hate keeping the million CD's and keys, I love steam

BF2 is worth it just to not have to deal with the patching Hell that is BF2.

I want to know if Lucidity is any good.

It has a score of 58 on Metacritic. From what I can gather, it's got nice artwork, but it's short and the gameplay can be frustrating and irritating. Sounds like the high difficulty is a major turn-off.

I bit on the BF2. I have been looking for a good deal on that game for a while now. I also bit on Ghostbusters yesterday.

Anyone getting brutal download speeds right now? I am used to getting 1.5-2MB/s from steam. All I can get right now is 140-150KB/s.

I bit on the BF2. I have been looking for a good deal on that game for a while now. I also bit on Ghostbusters yesterday.

Anyone getting brutal download speeds right now? I am used to getting 1.5-2MB/s from steam. All I can get right now is 140-150KB/s.

Yes, it's been that slow or worse since their holiday sale started. I was getting ~50kbps on Friday. It starts to pick back up (~300kbps) after midnight, but nowhere near the typical 2mbps+ many of us are used to.

Last edited:
Where do i find the expansion packs with BF2? I've downloaded the big BF2 but I'm not sure where to find the other parts.

Thanks!

Yes, it's been that slow or worse since their holiday sale started. I was getting ~50kbps on Friday. It starts to pick back up (~300kbps) after midnight, but nowhere near the typical 2mbps+ many of us are used to.

Hehe, It takes a while to download 14Gb of games at those speeds. :p Thank goodness I had a couple of hockey games and house parties to keep me occupied this weekend. haha

i cant buy squat on steam. keeps telling me there is nothing in my cart

dammit

It's not listed on the main page, but all the Prince of Persia games are actually on sale, as is the pack containing all four: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1184/
Some strangeness going on with their pricing...

Individual Price: $29.96
Package Price: $44.99
50% Off Sale: -$22.50

Cost to you: $22.49

So we're saving $7.47 over buying them all separate because the package price is higher than the individual price for some strange reason :rolleyes:

So we're saving $7.47 over buying them all separate because the package price is higher than the individual price for some strange reason :rolleyes:

As long as they're good at making video games (I.E. L4D series) I don't care if they suck at math or not. :p

The package price listed is the normal non-sale price. The individual price is dynamically calculated based on the current prices of all the games, which is why it is in line with the sale price and the package price is not. It looks a bit weird, but it's also not very difficult to figure out why it is that way.

Last edited:
I want to know if Lucidity is any good.

Bought it, haven't played it yet though.

There's a demo of it on the 360 apparently, so if you own a 360, grab the demo and try it out.

Metacritic wise it didn't do so hot but after looking at gameplay videos on Gametrailers, it looked like a decent little game to me; at least definitely worth a measly $2.49.

I almost bought it awhile back, but then remembered the $9.99 price tag. $2.49 is a no-brainer for me for practically any game, unless score wise it's getting goose eggs.

Lucidity basically looks like a puzzle+cartoon-ish remake of Gumshoe (NES). I loved Gumshoe, that was one of my favorite NES games. The gameplay at least is identical...the character moves from left to right on their own, you shoot them (Gumshoe) / put things in their path (Lucidity) to move them up and down and keep them out of danger.

the guildwars trilogy at 25$ is an awesome deal. those games have the best bang for the buck for mmorpg.

Just looked into it, If you already own BF2 head on over to File planet: http://www.fileplanet.com/98270/0/section/Battlefield-2

And get the 1.5 Patch.
The 1.5 patch adds on the other expansion packs (minus special operations) for free.
385594_1_hs.png

According to the receipt in the box I paid $35 for BF2 in Summer of 2005... so I won't re-buy it. I probably would have if it were under $10.

edit: just picked up world of Goo. \o/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back