Steam down for anyone else?

My password doesn't even want to work in offline mode. Awesome.

Working well here. Just got Serious Sam 3 and Natural Selection 2 for less than $8. Video previews are not loading well though.

Working now. I think the reason my password didn't work in offline mode is that I had hit the "recovery" option before I knew that the entire system was down. That must have worked on my end to invalidate the password because normally offline works just fine.

Works fine both offline on my laptop and online on the gaming pc.

As a side note injustice is pretty damn fun

Looks like the sale ends in less than 8 hours, too. Maybe there's an influx of panic-purchases happening.

It's apparently being DDOS'd

If Valve / Steam, does not have enterprise level DDoS protection from Prolexic or someone else by now their I.T team should be fired in a heartbeat

As of right now i can not connect via steam client// sits on "connecting steam account:..."

TCP ping from amazon EC2 server in Oregon

VOZvIlo.jpg

See this pisses me off,

1. Why DDoS Steam.. your just pissing off a lot of innocent people who paid good money to play their games!
2. Because it tries to connect it is not timing out for me and even letting me into offline mode :(

Trace from costa rica..

b0wq3oU.jpg

For a DDoS to take down steam it must be in the 100Gigs + range.... I would assume.. and possibly wrong, steam has geoip based web servers to handle their load with failover DNS and DDoS mitigation...but with this going down, either they are just being raped!! across all hosts, or their I.T staff are truely clueless to setting up a redundant infrastructure.

Last edited:
Steam and origin are being ddos'd because they pissed off the Derp group

they are just picking random game servers to ddos, they tried ddos'ing eve online a couple days ago but they can't keep the ddos going for more then an hour or so at a time.

Just logged me in!

Password changed

All computer deauthorized for steam use..

did have a CC there... i hope to hell they encrypted shit@!

Last edited:
Just logged me in!

Password changed

All computer deauthorized for steam use..

did have a CC there... i hope to hell they encrypted shit@!

Until it's collaborated by more than just one random source (it's not mentioned on Kotaku's home page despite that person claiming Kotaku got the press release) I'm not going to get all worried. Plus, people will have fun getting access to my Steam account. The only way to do so is to physically get access to my phone, so hackers can have fun with that.

Back