Steam Discussion Thread

Was pleasantly surprised to see the new UI when loading up steam today. Looking forward to trying the new ingame overlay. I would always have something like OneNote open for notes but having it natively built in should be a nice QoL.

The new GUI locks up for a couple of minutes on start before I can do anything (small view). It eventually starts working but it already once locked up but didn't start working after over 3 minutes of waiting and I had to terminate it via task manager and restart. It always pops up the friends list I don't even use and I can't seem to stop it from doing that. So so far I am all too thrilled with the update compared to the old version.

Yeah, the friends list popping up automatically is getting annoying. It seems to load first then the daily sales pop up then the library screen. It has been fairly stable for me so far at least. Not a huge fan of the new fonts.

Damn, 20 years already?!

I didn't catch the Steam wave until 2007, after I got tired of trying to keep a pirated copy of Company of Heroes updated, since the developer was releasing manual download patches weekly but then you'd also have to wait for those patches to cracked. While also worrying about viruses and malware each time.

When I realized Steam could update all your games automatically, I stopped pirating altogether.

Before i used to find various ways to get my hands on pc games and mostly played games, today I have quite a few games on steam that just stand there and that's it.

Back