Steam Discovery Update 2.0 Is Live

HardOCP News

[H] News
Valve has launched Discovery Update 2.0 on Steam. The changes are fairly subtle but the link above breaks down all the new features and how to use them. I grabbed screenshots for those of you that can't visit the Steam page from school or work. Your thoughts on the update? Good? Bad?

It's garbage. Still too much whitespace, mobile was obviously a priority, you now have to scroll twice as far to get to the top lists, you can only add a maximum of 3 tags to your filters, the filters make results appear less often instead of getting rid of them completely, they're still doing the infinitely loading page at the bottom...

I think I'm never going to casually browse the store anymore. I had already changed the startup page from the store to my library after the first Discovery update.

I stopped caring about steam long ago. Now I only use it as a delivery platform, and not as a marketplace.

I've never bothered with any of this.

I buy my games and that's it.

The games I buy have absolutely nothing to do with reviews or steams recommendations. I usually just find them to be a nuisance and click past them.

I buy series I know I'll like. (I'll pretty much buy anything in the Civilization Series, Deus Ex series, Fallout Series, Red Orchestra series and if they ever revive STALKER, I'll probably buy that too. Other than that, I mostly buy based on recommendations from friends. I don't think I've ever read a game review other than quickly clicking past everything to the benchmarks for hardware comparison purposes, and I sure as hell don't buy a game just because Steam sees it fit to show it to m e in their store. :p

I treat my steam shopping like I treat all my other shopping online, or in brick and mortars. I already know what I am going to buy before I start shopping, and I buy ONLY that. Never impulse buy.

I stopped caring about steam long ago. Now I only use it as a delivery platform, and not as a marketplace.
Yup. There's no reason to buy AAA titles on Steam when they can be bought much cheaper on various key sites. For other games I just wait for a sale on various stores including Steam.

Yup. There's no reason to buy AAA titles on Steam when they can be bought much cheaper on various key sites. For other games I just wait for a sale on various stores including Steam.

But...but...your reviews won't count because you didn't buy on the Steam platform

Not really a store update. Just a facelift that looks like an update. Lazy Valve being lazy again.

But...but...your reviews won't count because you didn't buy on the Steam platform
I'd rather save $30 or $40 than write a review. There's too many user reviews which would make mine pointless because I'd be repeating the same thing.

Back