Steam Deck Shipments Delayed

StryderxX

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got the following email from Steam:

logo.png
Hello "customer"
The launch of Steam Deck will be delayed by two months. We're sorry about this—we did our best to work around the global supply chain issues, but due to material shortages, components aren’t reaching our manufacturing facilities in time for us to meet our initial launch dates.
Based on our updated build estimates, Steam Deck will start shipping February 2022. This will be the new start date of the reservation queue—you will keep your place in line but dates will shift back accordingly. Reservation date estimates will be updated shortly after this announcement.
Again, we're sorry we won’t be able to make our original ship date. We'll continue working to improve reservation dates based on the new timeline, and will keep you updated as we go.
To view your updated expected order availability and FAQ, please visit the Steam Deck store page.
Cheers,
The Steam Team

ave-to-cancel-christmas-this-year-i-guess-53168427.png

I just got the following email from Steam:

View attachment 411312
Hello "customer"
The launch of Steam Deck will be delayed by two months. We're sorry about this—we did our best to work around the global supply chain issues, but due to material shortages, components aren’t reaching our manufacturing facilities in time for us to meet our initial launch dates.
Based on our updated build estimates, Steam Deck will start shipping February 2022. This will be the new start date of the reservation queue—you will keep your place in line but dates will shift back accordingly. Reservation date estimates will be updated shortly after this announcement.
Again, we're sorry we won’t be able to make our original ship date. We'll continue working to improve reservation dates based on the new timeline, and will keep you updated as we go.
To view your updated expected order availability and FAQ, please visit the Steam Deck store page.
Cheers,
The Steam Team
Same here...

1636575324668.png

My ETA seems be "After Q2 2022" - Was day one preorder but not the initial batch.

I didn't get an e-mail, but I now see my estimated ship date went from q1 2022 to q2 2022 :-(

Reactions: Axman
like this
Back