Steam Deck 3D prints

magnetik

Staff member
Wasn't sure if this one went into 3D printing area or here.

anyone printing things for their deck yet? Printed this one that supposedly fits a anker usb hub in the back. I wouldn't know since I won't get mine for a bit. haha
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5254208

20220328_123700.jpg
20220328_123722.jpg

1648575150135.png
1648575201276.png

Attachments

• 1648575114959.png
    1648575114959.png
    636 KB · Views: 0
That one appealed to me also, I printed it to.
DeckDock.jpg

DeckDock2.jpg

Ordered a recommended hub that looks like it's going to fit fine, That Anker it was designed for in the questions and comments states that it doesn't charge while in use.

Edit: This is the hub I ordered https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H2ZS1B5 People on Reddit recommend it.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It looks long as opposed to the one in the pic…

/edit the hub that is…
I think the link is wrong or got changed cause I thought the same thing. There are 7in1 Ankers that are modular. I think thats the one they used.

I think the link is wrong or got changed cause I thought the same thing. There are 7in1 Ankers that are modular. I think thats the one they used.
Apparently the one on the back in the pic is different than the one underneath. I’m guessing thats a daisy chain

Apparently the one on the back in the pic is different than the one underneath. I’m guessing thats a daisy chain
The one I ordered will fit under the dock, with all the relevant ports on one side. (Monitor, mouse/keyboard & power.) And unlike the Anker, it should all work while still powering the Steam Deck.

Not really in a hurry to hook it up to a monitor and such. For now it's just a stand with a 90 degree USB-C adapter for power. Still very happy with the design and print.

Gone for the week from home, but over the weekend I can take some pics of the hub in place for those interested.

Back home now. Here is the hub at the back of the dock. I guess it doesn't fit under very well as the cord is too short, but seems to fit nicely behind. Will secure with some velcro or two sided tape. If I had hoped to use the Ethernet port I'd have to edit another hole on the right side but I don't.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Yes I haven't taken the supports off, as they don't seem to bother me. Will remove if I need to.

hUBdOC.jpg

I am printing your stl with fuzzy skin to see how it holds up! thanks for posting!

Back