Steam - Civ 5 $7.49

Vicinity

2[H]4U
Civilization 5 is $7.49 on Steam with the weekend sale. I think that's low enough for me to bite.

Red Orchestra is also on sale for $9.99.

nice price, but this installment of civ didn't grab me like previous ones did.

Can anyone give me a lowdown on all the DLC's? There are a bunch of them and they aren't all consolidated. Any of them worth buying? (I don't have any of the additional Civ's or Scenarios.)

It'll take about $10.50 to get all the DLC. I might be missing one (I think the base Civ 5 copy comes with one DLC not on this list?). Sadly I haven't had time to mess around with them yet.

Cheapest method.

Civ V DLC Babylon
Civ V Cradle DLC: Americas
Civ V DLC Double Civ Pack
Civ V DLC - Polynesia
Civ V Cradle DLC: Mediterranean
Civ V Cradle DLC: Asia
Civ V Denmark and Explorers Combo Pack DLC
Civ V Korea/Wonders DLC Combo

I wanna bite, but Amazon has game of year edition for $12.49.

Is game of year worth $5?

Why can't i type G...o...Y?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Can anyone give me a lowdown on all the DLC's? There are a bunch of them and they aren't all consolidated. Any of them worth buying? (I don't have any of the additional Civ's or Scenarios.)

my suggestion would be just to pick up some of the civs, more specifically Polynesia and Demark, those are the only 2 I have and I definitely think there work the change. I'll probably pick up Nebuchadnezzar before the sale ends.

Basically, if you like playing Civ. V, I would suggest to just get all the dlc at 75% off, doubt they'll sell it for much cheaper, 83% maybe. I bought everything at 75% off months ago and have had great fun. I played with some dlc, not all of them yet, but they'll be there when I get to it. I like playing the game enough for that, but the time it takes to play is my biggest challenge.

Looks like the GotY edition actually has ALL the DLC, wasn't too long ago it didn't have the Asian/Polynesian ones.

I seem to recall a few bugs and what not with the game, one they wouldn't even acknowledge being the worker bug that slows the game down due to the calculation of every possible outcome causing turns to slow to a crawl on big maps every end of turn. Anyone know the status the game?

I seem to recall a few bugs and what not with the game, one they wouldn't even acknowledge being the worker bug that slows the game down due to the calculation of every possible outcome causing turns to slow to a crawl on big maps every end of turn. Anyone know the status the game?

Well, I think the pause at the end of turns is inevitable. However it hasn't been much of a problem for me, I am using an enthusiast system.

The 3.4GHz i7, 16GB of Ram, and SSD make all but the very late game snappy. But I would never say that it's unmanageable.

Well, I think the pause at the end of turns is inevitable. However it hasn't been much of a problem for me, I am using an enthusiast system.

The 3.4GHz i7, 16GB of Ram, and SSD make all but the very late game snappy. But I would never say that it's unmanageable.

I wonder how the game experience is for you on world maps and what video card you have? When I get close to end game on world sized maps, I have to switch to old school 2d mode. Otherwise, I'd be lucky to finish a turn without the game crashing

good game.
I don't have any issues running it on my system. At all.

Bought it for $20. Totally worth that. At ~$7, everyone should get it.

I wonder how the game experience is for you on world maps and what video card you have? When I get close to end game on world sized maps, I have to switch to old school 2d mode. Otherwise, I'd be lucky to finish a turn without the game crashing

I run an i7 920 @ 3.8 & 6gb on SSD with a 5870 and with world maps at 600-800+ turns it takes maybe 20-30 seconds a turn to go through all the unit movements and animations, I sometimes have small pauses but it is still pretty smooth, I have not had any crashes.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the Civ series, but I need to play Civ 4 before (sitting in my Steam account) I consider getting this.

Back