• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Steam = ? as usual...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The T-man
I can promise you this, this type of $#$& pretty much guarantees I will NOT be purchasing the game, thank you very much.
they have proved once again (see thread below) why steam sucks AFAIK
So you pretty much are ranting and dont even believe your own nonsense..

The T-man

WTB for the PC
Left For Dead,
GRID
Far Cry2 got

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1367976
Youre still looking to buy the game though??

Thread= crash and burn..

Quoted for the LuLz.
lmfao.gif
 
have an archive, a collection if you will, of a bunch of cool demos from the last several years, hard backups.
but can I add LFD to it? oh no, it's just some cheezy marketing tool, not a peice of software to be used or enjoyed.
valve/steam = $

Wait, a demo is a marketing tool to get you to buy the full version of a peice of software so the developers can get paid for thier investment?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?
Your right, you didn't get your free, god given right to get free software.
 
Valve was smart to move from WON to steam way back when. Steam used to be a POS and theyve taken many years to try and perfect it. I would love to see something like steam on a console and now with Vista, steam loads fairly quickly. I used to QQ about the death of WON and how steam is slow and buggy and whatnot, but steam really is the future. Seamless everything while youre ingame just makes gaming that much better (like the recent leak of ingame browser). Valve was smart to start it early and i dont think competitors have a chance against steam.

Sorry T-Man.. digital distro is the future. Steam, Netflix, xbox live, PSN, wii, etc. Everyone is going digital distro and the days of the hard copy are numbered. With internet speeds finally getting to 50mbps+, the thought of digital distro isnt painful. Its only painful now because we have crappy 6-15mbps lines or even 56k. Anything thats digital will be distributed over the internet. It saves us and the company money so why not? We dont have to produce as much waste by creating boxes for games.

But alas, I still prefer buying the hard copy because i like having the book and formatting isnt as painful when you have to redownload the game. That and i get a minor discount on all games :D
 
Sure,no one around here will notice that you edited L4D out of your post @12:29.:rolleyes:
QUOTE]

Yes I hope they did,
in other words I was NOT looking to buy the game "after" the bs re: the locked demo...

the fact you took the time to do the detective work and ran a search of all my threads to share that info is truly heartwarming though, you're a really nice guy :)
 
I was NOT looking to buy the game "after" the bs re: the locked demo...
You "discovered" the demo was time-limited four days ago, when you started this ignorant anti-Valve tirade, yet you decided against buying the game only today (a mere 39 minutes after he owned you)? Gee whiz!

g1xx3r should be commended for his detective work.
 
You "discovered" the demo was time-limited four days ago, when you started this ignorant anti-Valve tirade, yet you decided against buying the game only today (a mere 39 minutes after he owned you)? Gee whiz!

g1xx3r should be commended for his detective work.

lol..I know we dont always see eye to eye but thanx for the look cause I wasnt gonna respond to him...C ya in the inevitable piracy thread coming up..;)
 
Wow. It's really bad when people are burying the hatchet to unite against a troll.
 
We're all sorry you're a moron and don't understand how technology works T-man, but really, learn to read, or google, or, I don't know, use common sense?

If you're registering a CD-Key to an account, there is an extremely high probability that you will need that account to play the game.
 
hey asswipe, the only one who's a moron is you for chiming in with you're worthless comment
who asked you anyway?
did you even read the thread?
were talking about a demo not valves "delivery" system
it says noobie next to your name for a reason

I'll sum it up like this,
all that think a locked demo is a good idea, (like you g1xxy)
just don't get it and never will, you are the kind of consumer a corporation like valve loves, the kind that doesn't realize.....sigh...

why bother, trying to reason with ignorance = what this thread has devolved to thanks to people like I've described, you probably eat at McDonald's too

Merry Christmas
 
OK, we all can say what we want about steam, whether you like/hate it etc...
but this just caps it for me


So, I dl the demo, I repeat the "demo" of Left for Dead
I haven't played it in about a week, so I tried to start the game and get a
"you have a locked copy of the demo...if you'd like to purchase the whole game..blah blah"
WTF?!
Locking a freaking DEMO? I mean c'mon, what the hell are they thinking

I can promise you this, this type of $#$& pretty much guarantees I will NOT be purchasing the game, thank you very much.
they have proved once again (see thread below) why steam sucks AFAIK
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1239513

you don't own the games,
you don't get actual copies of the software/license you paid for
you can't sell the games/software
they can lock "your account" for any reason

valve can bite me,
I used to love their games
they haven't gotten a $ out of me since HL2

The T-man hey asswipe, the only one who's a moron is you for chiming in with you're worthless comment
who asked you anyway?
did you even read the thread?
were talking about a demo not valves "delivery" system
it says noobie next to your name for a reason

The thread you reference..

Get this, I buy S-Episodes, (supposedly Epsode 1 with more to follow, but thats another BS story)
I play it, uninstall it and steam, and about 6 months latter sell it to someone, and the game won't run for him, says it's already registered? WTH?
If this is how STEAM works they suck, you can't sell a game you own, it's worthless to anyone else even after I uninstalled it?
so the DVD is a coaster or what?

So you never even took the time to find out ..YOU CANT SELL A STEAM ACCOUNT..:rolleyes:

Your own drivel once again proves how useless your thread is.Since you chose to refer to me in your last BS post,I once again point out your trolling BS..You absolutely refer to the delivery system..:rolleyes:

Do yourself a favor..Lock this thread and stop exposing your immaturity and trolling..:rolleyes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top