Steam.. and "Failed to Start the Game (Missing Executable)"

HyperTension

[H]ard|Gawd
WTFH.....

Just started to get this last night, and it's the first time I've ever seen this issue....
So I click the link on steampowered, delete steam/appcache per instructions, set exemptions in Kaspersky then disable it completely, reboot.. and still get it....

Verified file integrity to all games affected.. no luck

Uninstall steam, clean out registry, reinstall and no luck....

Any ideas or suggestions...??

Delete the exe and do file integrity check. It will redownload the exe and should do a reconfigure on the registry settings.. my arma2 did this and deleting the exe and forcing steam to redownload fixed it

No no, you meant the steam exe. It will be funny watching him try to launch steam after that. :p

I had a similar problem some weeks ago. I think Steam screws up game updates from time and time and moves entire game directories or essential files to different drives. The paths become all screwed up and Steam thinks files are missing.

Run a hard drive checker (checkdisk, or other utility) first. If all clean, then uninstall the game, delete the folder (may remain if there are 3rd party mods installed), defrag the drive then re-download and install the game.

Back