Steam 2013 summer sale is here!

What's so great about Dark Souls? ...it was a shitty port from what I've read.

I bought it a while ago, but haven't played it yet. However, from what I understand, the only issue with the port was that it was locked to console graphic settings - resolution and all. Now, that is a pretty huge issue - but somebody promptly came up with a work around, and from what I understand it looks pretty good now.

Again, I own the game but haven't played it yet, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I bought it a while ago, but haven't played it yet. However, from what I understand, the only issue with the port was that it was locked to console graphic settings - resolution and all. Now, that is a pretty huge issue - but somebody promptly came up with a work around, and from what I understand it looks pretty good now.

Again, I own the game but haven't played it yet, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

My understanding is that mouse and keyboard control is totally crap. Maybe someone else fixed that, too.

My understanding is that mouse and keyboard control is totally crap. Maybe someone else fixed that, too.

Other than these games being crap to start with, if they included perfect Xbox controller support in the PC port I would be happy. This is not a mouse and keyboard game to begin with.

Best PC feature they could implement in these games is the ability to save wherever you want. But then that would reveal how truly simplistic these games are except for the crushing punishment of the save system.

Tell me more about these mystical cards of prophecy........

Ok, the next games to go on sale in no particular order are:

Torchlight 2
Dead Island Riptide
Football Manager 2013
Skyrim
Reus
Prison Architect
Kerbal Space Program

It's not magic, it's common sense.

Might finally jump on the tomb raider dlc multiplayer maps.. I just hope the online isn't dead yet

A thread in Genmay , User Fail, said that Dark Souls is awesome when you apply a certain patch/mod, and it fixes the controls and graphics and the game is epic afterwards.

Might finally jump on the tomb raider dlc multiplayer maps.. I just hope the online isn't dead yet

I bought the game at launch, but never really go into MP. That said, if you're just getting into it there are a lot of established veterans who are going to own your ass. I guess it just depends how high your threshold is for dying....a lot....

A thread in Genmay , User Fail, said that Dark Souls is awesome when you apply a certain patch/mod, and it fixes the controls and graphics and the game is epic afterwards.

DSFix is the name of the mod for the graphics. There's one that goes with it (#2 most downloaded on whatever site has DSFix) that fixes/resizes the subtitles.

Is Tomb Raider "survival edition" worth the extra $2 just for the 3 guns from Hitman Absolution that you can use in the game?

My kill zone is usually 66% or higher discount!

I'll say wait for the Thanksgiving sale or Christmas sale. I paid 15.00 for it a day after it came out and felt like I got ripoff. Don't get me wrong for pure nostalgia is a great buy but they didn't add, enhanced anything. This is pretty much AOE 1999 version with the ability to run it in windows 7/8 and full screen.

So far I've spent $0.75 total...on Tomb Raider SP DLC. :D

Some indie titles that I'd like to see go on sale, other than that...I have most of the "big" titles already.

Is Kinetic Void any good? Looks interesting but I never heard of it until the sale.

So far I've spent $0.75 total...on Tomb Raider SP DLC. :D

Some indie titles that I'd like to see go on sale, other than that...I have most of the "big" titles already.

Is Kinetic Void any good? Looks interesting but I never heard of it until the sale.

Ditto, looks very interesting

Bought Faster Than Light. Couldn't pass it up at less than $3 and have heard nothing but good things around here about it

Hitman Collection...11 bucks.

It feels good not pirating games..i'll still do it just to demo games...but will buy at a later date when i can.

Damnit. Wanted to buy it but if I can't play with KB/M no deal. Blah.

It works! Don't let my honest opinion scare you away. :). But yeah, it is a little clunky. Not to worry. I bought the game on sale a little while ago for essentially the same or a better price, I think. It'll be on sale yet again.

Disappointed the first two episodes of the Penny Arcade game arent on sale. Id be tempted to buy all 4, but not for the price.

I snagged I Am Alive. Looks to be a sweet game for $5. Seems to be a console port, but, oh well, that means FPS on 120Hz will be good :D

I'm an idiot. I bought Anno 2070 not knowing it was an Ubisoft game.

Is it impossible to get your money back on steam?

Jesus it wanted me to input my cd-key 3 times, and make a uplay account which has to run in the background. Horrible mistake I made.

Last edited:

I read your first complain with Steam support will get you your money back as long as you have good reason for it (uplay DRM etc) after that is next to impossible to get any kind of refund.

Jesus it wanted me to input my cd-key 3 times, and make a uplay account which has to run in the background. Horrible mistake I made.

I think that's why I hesitated during the last sale but I kept reading that it's better now so I was reconsidering.

You've just helped me make up my mind. Thank you.

Back