Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

Already own Farcry 2 (actually liked it) and Torchlight, got it for free with TL2 pre-order, still voted for TL tho... It could use the sales more than Oblivion and if they do a deal on the sequels pre order I might pick it up as a gift.

What games are anyone still hoping go on daily/flash sale?

Krater
Unreal Tournament 3 (I know...)
Beyond Good and Evil

Those are the last three games on my target list I made before the sale.

Also, unrelated to the quote and targeted at everyobe:

My friend is building his first gaming computer this weekend, any suggestions for cheap 2-4 player games? Grabbed Sanctum and Shoot many robots. I think he's already got Dungeon Defenders. Any games to keep an eye on?

Hey if any responded to my shoot many robots 4 pack I'm in league soccer illrespond soon as I get home in a bit

in4 double fine bundle (stacking, costume quest, psychonauts) Considering DNF...

I don't know what you guys see in these indie games, most of the are absolute garbage that i wouldnt play for free on a flash game site - from which many came from!

Fun wastes of time that give us the satisfaction of supporting some guys and gals that like the same things we do and aren't under corporate pressure to compromise what they love. Plus I love listening to their soundtracks as they sound 100x better than popular music does today. Makes me wish I wasn't musically inept.

I bit on Dear Esther for 2.49... sometimes I like to just wander and look at stuff in a game... seems like that's kind of what this one is about.

Anyone jump on the GTA complete pack for $12.49? Please tell me it hasn't gotten lower than that!
I don't want to buy any games, but if its under $10 im in!

Anyone jump on the GTA complete pack for $12.49? Please tell me it hasn't gotten lower than that!

Yea is that bundle worth it? Also any problems with steam and GTA mods? I know GTASA has some sweet mods buy not sure if steam version is a PITA to work with.

I'm pretty sure the cheapest I've seen GTA IV + GTA IV expansion(EFLC) before this sale was $12.50 (which doesn't include the GTA classic "3/vc/sa games")...

the GTA classics (3/vc/sa games), I bought at $7.50 2 years ago

If you wait till Winter sale or next summer, maybe at $10? :D..... time value of money/gaming

Yea is that bundle worth it? Also any problems with steam and GTA mods? I know GTASA has some sweet mods buy not sure if steam version is a PITA to work with.

do some research on the mods... I think for GTA IV, I downloaded a mod for GTA SA map-pack, but couldn't get it to work as the mappack required a lower version of GTA IV (but steam updates everything to latest patch)

I guess its one downside to steam patching

Ok played the first 2 levels of shoot many Robots... mad fun and well worth getting in on if you haven't.

I can't wait to do some coop.

Hey, not sure if someone could help me out, I'm in vacation in US but I'm a canadian resident and steam won't accept my credit card or bank account here. I really want to get Unreal Tournament 3. Could someone buy me two copies (for me and my brother), I would send the money with paypal and take care of the fees and add one dollar for the help. PM me if you can help me out, that would be really appreciated! Thanks

Edit : I got the copies, thanks to speedy523

Last edited:
Anyone else getting crappy download speeds? I just bought GTA IV complete, which is 14 Gb, and it's downloading at 1 Mb/s. I normally get 4 - 6 Mb/s.

Anyone else getting crappy download speeds? I just bought GTA IV complete, which is 14 Gb, and it's downloading at 1 Mb/s. I normally get 4 - 6 Mb/s.

I'm downloading right now @3.2, right around what I normally get, though that's not GTA...

Hey, not sure if someone could help me out, I'm in vacation in US but I'm a canadian resident and steam won't accept my credit card or bank account here. I really want to get Unreal Tournament 3. Could someone buy me two copies (for me and my brother), I would send the money with paypal and take care of the fees and add one dollar for the help. PM me if you can help me out, that would be really appreciated! Thanks

On your billing address, leave your normal Canadian address, but change the country to the one you're in. This is what Steam support told me to do after I moved to Japan. See if that helps.

I'm downloading right now @3.2, right around what I normally get, though that's not GTA...

Found the problem. My account was still set to download from the Chicago server from when I lived in IL. Changed it to St. Louis, and it's back where it should be. :D

On your billing address, leave your normal Canadian address, but change the country to the one you're in. This is what Steam support told me to do after I moved to Japan. See if that helps.
It says there is an error because the country doesn't fit with the address. I can enter the US address and get into paypal but when I click continue, it brings me back to the steam page and I still have to enter my billing address..

Last edited:
It says there is an error because the country doesn't fit with the address. I can enter the US address and get into paypal but when I click continue, it brings me back to the steam page and I still have to enter my billing address..

i pm'd you if you still need help getting the copies :)

Bought Dear Esther today. Looks like an interesting title.. I figure for under 3 bucks, it's worth a shot!

Bought Dear Esther today. Looks like an interesting title.. I figure for under 3 bucks, it's worth a shot!

just played it. I think its a game. I mean I had control over my character. Best way to describe it is that some guy tells a story as you walk along this path on this island. Thats it. Very boring but nice visuals for a game based on source. Oh and the soundtrack is very good. Good game for people who likes long walks on the beach :D

Guys I apologize I was out all day

Shoot many robots

1.Piscian
2. AlmostEvil
3.mope54 (paid)

I still have a spare if anyone wants one. AlmostEvil please pm me to confirm

Last edited:

I had the same problem. If you contact customer support, they will remove the restriction and allow you to purchase games from an IP that is different than the country your account is in. I'm in Germany and wanted to buy things on the US store.

YES! Just Cause 2 at $3.74! Finally, I have been waiting for it and now I just have to play until the Multiplayer Mod is released. Arma II please before the end of Summer Sales.

YES! Just Cause 2 at $3.74! Finally, I have been waiting for it and now I just have to play until the Multiplayer Mod is released. Arma II please before the end of Summer Sales.

For $3.74, it's worth getting even if you just wanted to dick around for a few hours.

oblivion didnt win :( and i dont get why torchlight won when you get it for free with torchlight 2 :confused:

I hope Oblivion GOTY Deluxe and Morrowind GOTY are on sale soon. Those are like the only 2 games I have left to buy on my list. Although I was checking out Unreal Tournament Black... Wonder if that Unreal pack for $10 would be worth it?

Why was Torchlight already on sale at 75%?
Nevermind Steam was just getting confused with the correct time.

Back