Steam 2011 Holiday Sale is here!!

Damn deals just reached rock bottom. Come on trine 2!

Well, the Trine holiday achievement hasn't come up yet, so I'd guess they will both be on sale tomorrow or Sunday. However, I'm only expecting Trine 2 to be like 33% off.

Which of the Fallout New Vegas DLC's are worth buying, or should I just get them all for like $11.50?

Which of the Fallout New Vegas DLC's are worth buying, or should I just get them all for like $11.50?

Take a pass on the "Stash" upgrade, all it does is give you some extra items to start out with, nothing worth paying for. Gun Runners Arsenal is unnecessary if you're modding the game as there's several mods that already add in the same basic functionality (without the Steam achievements).

Lonesome Road is the best of the DLC, if you're into the game's story. If you're not into the story, don't even bother with the DLC; there's loads of free mods that add additional locations to explore that aren't tied to the game lore.

Last edited:
Frozenbyte has said that they aren't planning on putting Trine 2 on sale for a while. However, even for $15 it's definitely worth it.
I just need a sale on Trine 1 and 2, and I'll be able to say that I've crossed almost every single indie game on my wishlist off. I don't know why Frozenbyte is so dead-set against a sale on Trine 2 though. A lot of the recent AAA indie games have been on sale repeatedly, like Bastion, OMD!, Dungeon Defenders, LIMBO. I thought it's been shown over and over that you make more profit overall through major discounts.

I just need a sale on Trine 1 and 2, and I'll be able to say that I've crossed almost every single indie game on my wishlist off. I don't know why Frozenbyte is so dead-set against a sale on Trine 2 though. A lot of the recent AAA indie games have been on sale repeatedly, like Bastion, OMD!, Dungeon Defenders, LIMBO. I thought it's been shown over and over that you make more profit overall through major discounts.

Amazon had Trine on sale 2 days ago.

Old World Blues is definitely worth $2.50. There's 10-20hrs of game play from that DLC alone. Must have if you like the old sci-fi B movies.

Also, each of the major 4 DLCs increase the level cap by 5.

Last edited:
Should I buy New Vegas now or wait until the ultimate edition comes out (with all the dlc's included) and maybe pick it up for a bargain somewhere? What do you guys think?

hard to say. 5 for the basic game is a massive deal. If they do like borderlands and offer goty for 7.50 it will be even better.

Loved that game.

How does the Magic game work? Is it sort of like playing the TCG but online?

Feel like I need to jump in to give my opinion here: Magic is an incredibly fun game. I've never played TCG tabletop, as I've never had the opportunity, but to me, Magic: DotP is the perfect coffee-break game. You can play a game in 10 minutes or less, and the decks are a lot of fun to fiddle with. Unlike in the first game, 2012 features a fair measure of deck customization.

I've spent more time on DotP and DotP 2012 than any other Steam game last year. I very highly recommend them.

I played mtg when it first came out on pc.
It was quick to learn and fun to play of course that was in what 1999 or something like that.
Nope never played the desktop card game.
is the 2012 version an updated game with better ui or just new types of cards or ?

Should I buy New Vegas now or wait until the ultimate edition comes out (with all the dlc's included) and maybe pick it up for a bargain somewhere? What do you guys think?

The DLC is 75% off, you're better off just buying it now, because the ultimate edition will cost more at retail then what you can buy all of it for now on sale. Unless you wanna wait another 3+ months after it comes out for it to be bargin.

hard to say. 5 for the basic game is a massive deal. If they do like borderlands and offer goty for 7.50 it will be even better.

Loved that game.

That would be awesome but unlikely for a while. AFAIK this sale is the first time that Fallout 3 GOTY was $7.50, was $10 during Halloween sale recently. So my guess is it'll take another year for New Vegas w/ DLC's to reach that same price :mad:

Crap i've blown a ton of dough on games i'll prob never get around to playing! haha.. Believe i'm somewhere around $170 so far and i had over a 100 games before this sale. Currently at 147 games.

I hope today is the last day of new sales as tomorrow should be a rehash of past sales.

I played mtg when it first came out on pc.
It was quick to learn and fun to play of course that was in what 1999 or something like that.
Nope never played the desktop card game.
is the 2012 version an updated game with better ui or just new types of cards or ?

Duels of the planeswalkers 2012 is mgt with pre-built thematic decks. The base game comes with 10 decks, if you add the expansions + 2 deck packs it goes up to 17 decks with 20 additional unlockable cards per deck. There is no deck building in the game but you can customize the deck with the unlockable cards, the cards are unlocked through the campaign.

Each deck will have its own flavor, i.e. black zombie deck, white soldier deck, green elf deck, red burn deck, etc. You'll even have mufti-colored decks, there's a tri color artifact deck and several dual colored decks.

There's also an archenemy mode where 3 players will battle 1 powerful archenemy. If you have the expansion you get to control the archenemy and battle 3 players.

Overall this is a great game for people wanting to play MGT but don't want to invest a lot of money in buying cards and don't mind not being able to build their own decks.

Also, don't buy the complete bundle since that comes with all decks unlocked from the start. Ideally you'll want to unlock them yourself in the campaign.

Anybody having any luck with the gifts? I haven't done a ton of the achievements, but certainly haven't gotten anything worthwhile to make me want to do more. So far I got 8 coal and 4 crummy coupons. I crafted the coal and got...25% off valve games. Yippee :(

LA Noire is only $12.50? Since when? I just thought I'd look for it and voila sale price! Good stuff!:D

Must be today's sale since it ends in 28ish hours. Not bad

Not very good deals today. Only thing worth a crap is LA Noire and possible Heroes of Might and Magic...

Nice. I already own L.A. Noire. If there was only one game I played in 2011, this would be it. Some of the best murder mystery that gaming ever had to offer. Tons of nuance and an amazing story with epic ending. If you are a fan of movies of that era and/or movies of 80s/90s that were crime murder mystery; then this is it!

I suggest everyone gets this game to show support for developers as to what they achieved (even though Team Bondi folded, R* has the tech now to continue using it).

12.50 for LA Noire was a surprise, my how it has fallen. If I didn't have so much to play already I would definitively grab it.

Nice. I already own L.A. Noire. If there was only one game I played in 2011, this would be it. Some of the best murder mystery that gaming ever had to offer. Tons of nuance and an amazing story with epic ending. If you are a fan of movies of that era and/or movies of 80s/90s that were crime murder mystery; then this is it!

I suggest everyone gets this game to show support for developers as to what they achieved (even though Team Bondi folded, R* has the tech now to continue using it).

Checking this out now because it sounds like it would appeal to me.

What's the actual gameplay like? Is it more tactical espionage style like Deus Ex HR / Alpha Protocol or more run and gun with situational consequences like GTA?

What's the actual gameplay like? Is it more tactical espionage style like Deus Ex HR / Alpha Protocol or more run and gun with situational consequences like GTA?

Neither. It's a detective story. Most of it is spent interviewing people or exploring crime scenes.

Hmm interesting. Trine 1 is $0.99. That and L.A. Noire look appealing.

Edit: Wait wtf, now Trine's up to $3.39.

It only has a few run and gun and/or chase sequences. Bulk of the game is about going on location and finding clues. Clues are not always easy to find but are immense fun to look for. Second best thing is the interrogation mechanic. One of the best and heavily driven by the amount of clues you find. It also has some street crimes to solve and a beautiful open world.

It is, however, nothing like DXHR or AP. Those are more action games. This is more puzzle/adventure genre if you will. Took me 30 hours to finish and totally worth it imo. Watch some gameplay videos before purchasing. It is not for the trigger happy types lol.

Also, don't buy the complete bundle since that comes with all decks unlocked from the start. Ideally you'll want to unlock them yourself in the campaign.

so these are the pay decks I see listed?
You earn them in game?

Neither. It's a detective story. Most of it is spent interviewing people or exploring crime scenes.

It only has a few run and gun and/or chase sequences. Bulk of the game is about going on location and finding clues. Clues are not always easy to find but are immense fun to look for. Second best thing is the interrogation mechanic. One of the best and heavily driven by the amount of clues you find. It also has some street crimes to solve and a beautiful open world.

It is, however, nothing like DXHR or AP. Those are more action games. This is more puzzle/adventure genre if you will. Took me 30 hours to finish and totally worth it imo. Watch some gameplay videos before purchasing. It is not for the trigger happy types lol.

Ahhhh. I didn't expect anything like that with the Rockstar name on it.

I also figured it was more action oriented than the screenshots suggested due to the add-on content.

I am still interested. Thanks for the heads up!

Can anyone give advice on the Dead Island Bloodbath Arena DLC? Seeing as it's $4.99, it's worth it if it's decent... Anyone played it yet?

Finally a pretty decent, in for L.A. Noire for 12.50. IN for Rochard too. I hope Trine 2 will be on tomorrow

Wow, LA Noire is a great deal. My brother bought it for 360 though so if I ever want to play it, I will just play it on 360.

LA Noire was a lot of fun for the type of game that it is. Played it on the 360 at release.

The story is pretty cool to follow and it was a blast cruising around old LA/Hollywood especially since I grew up and live in the area.

LA Noire is worth 12.50 but will be much cheaper in 2012 (expect to see it for 5-7.50 at the first major spring sale) so if you are cheap and have a huge backlog it can wait. But it's a very good game if you like detective work and crime stories.

Back