Steal It Back

found a DVD Replicating/Recording Tower.
I wonder what illegal activities these were involved in.

Sun System Grow Light

http://www.stealitback.com/cgi-bin/...fnbr=58375352&prmenbr=31895249&aunbr=58722062

Hmm i wonder :p

marijuana.jpg

oh the irony. Police arrest person for performing illegal activity steal thier equipment and then turn around and sell said equipment so others can perform illegal activity. Boy would I be parinoid buying anything like grow lamps FROM the police.

I just looked through the site, there realy isnt that much worth getting. Looks like this is the crap that the police officers didnt want.

JEEVES

I wonder if my cd's/cd player are on there somewhere......

I think this ranks as the stupidest thing I've seen so far today.

Something seems really really wrong with the cops selling stolen stuff which would've probably been sold anyways.

You guys making fun have obviously never been to a police/DEA auction. I've known people that furnish an entire house for ~$700. I'd get one of those DVD or CD Duplication towers if I had the money. With the number of bands in this area, charging for dupes is a money tree.

Just an FYI - there is an 10GB IPod if anyones interested.

the reviews are stupid....

The super-slim iPod redefines what a digital music player should be. It's lighter than 2 CDs, can hold up to 2,500 songs, and downloads music at blazing speeds. Now you can take your entire music collection with you wherever you go.

1. No it's not.
2. No i can't.

twyztyr said:
I'd get one of those DVD or CD Duplication towers if I had the money. With the number of bands in this area, charging for dupes is a money tree.
Thats the same thing the guy it got taken from was thinking :)

JEEVES/whohasmyname? said:
oh the irony. Police arrest person for performing illegal activity steal thier equipment and then turn around and sell said equipment so others can perform illegal activity. Boy would I be parinoid buying anything like grow lamps FROM the police.

No kidding, use an alias and a fake address!!! :D

Crosshairs said:
Thats the same thing the guy it got taken from was thinking :)

Wouldn't be suprised if the same one has been sold more then once
;)

I know that there really isn't much they can do to return things (nor do they want to mess with it), but it just seems really shady for the police to be selling things that were stolen or used to commit crimes.... at least the things that didn't end up in the officers' houses <cough>..

The replicating towers and indoor grow lights... that's just classic. I bet they need three forms of ID when you buy one of those.

dahoseman said:
I know that there really isn't much they can do to return things (nor do they want to mess with it), but it just seems really shady for the police to be selling things that were stolen or used to commit crimes.... at least the things that didn't end up in the officers' houses <cough>..

The replicating towers and indoor grow lights... that's just classic. I bet they need three forms of ID when you buy one of those.
don't forget the scales :D

I guess you guys don't really realize that selling confiscated material brings in a shitload of money for the police every year. It's more important than ever with funding for public services being cut more and more every day. It's like a recycling program.

If you buy something and use it to commit illegal acts, they'll take it away and resell it to someone else. It's not stupid, the people that buy this stuff to comit crimes with are stupid. The plan is sheer brilliance. How many other places can get away with selling the exact same thing again and again and again without ever having to pay for it in the first place?

I also can't decide if it's more amusing or sad that no one believes a duplication tower or grow light can be used for legal purposes.

Whats kind of funny to think about is all the fold-up scooters I keep seeing on there. I wonder what the kids did to get those taken away? Haha

BTW, I actually spotted something in "poor" condition. A pair of rollerblades. You know it's got to be bad if they are calling it "poor"

twyztyr said:
Tell me some of you guys wouldn't shit all over yourselves if you had one of these.

:D
I rather doubt many people would want that mount... Police typically have those high impact panasonic laptops and according to the measurements of the plate, Im right. Its made for a small laptop and I know it would not fit my Tosh lappy...

And whats with that site making you pay for shipping for 30lbs of material? That thing should not weigh more than 10lbs.

You cannot believe the amount of things that show up in Police Departments. The evidence room in our small town local police department is filled to overflowing with all kinds of items. The problem the guys have is found/lost property, stolen items recovered and confiscated items rarely get turned back over since people do not come forward to claim them.

After a while of holding the stuff, the evidence logs are collected and taken to a judge who has to authorize the "disposal" of the items. Since it costs money for the department to actually trash the stuff it makes better sense to actually make money getting rid of it.

I can't believe the prices on some of that crap, that iPod is going for more than a 20 gig would new. People are nuts when it comes to online auctions.

I really like the 30 keyboards, and 30 monitors. But magically there is not 30 towers to go along with them :rolleyes:

I like the auction for 36 pounds of cell phones and pagers.

Then the brilliant warning

"not responsible if carrier will not reactivate due to being reported stolen"

then the bid is near $700.

Rune75 said:
And whats with that site making you pay for shipping for 30lbs of material? That thing should not weigh more than 10lbs.

they explain it here:
"This item is "Oversize 1" according to the UPS rate structure. Oversize 1 items are charged at the 30-pound rate class (unless actual weight is greater)."

mgars said:
they explain it here:
"This item is "Oversize 1" according to the UPS rate structure. Oversize 1 items are charged at the 30-pound rate class (unless actual weight is greater)."

Yep. Once something gets past certain physical dimensions, it gets classified as "oversize".

I got a really nice eclipse cd headunit from stealitback once...had to call eclispe and wait for them to contact the original owner though. Once the original owner couldn't be contacted they called me back with the security codes.

Also picked up some nice subs and enclosures for cheap.

I was actually going to bid on that peice of land until I saw its actually $60,000 :(. That seems a little steep for canada.

75.5 acres for under 500 a month and 200 per year for taxes. Good deal in my opinion.

Naldo said:
I was actually going to bid on that peice of land until I saw its actually $60,000 :(. That seems a little steep for canada.

?!

I'd pay way more than that!

twyztyr said:
I guess you guys don't really realize that selling confiscated material brings in a shitload of money for the police every year. It's more important than ever with funding for public services being cut more and more every day. It's like a recycling program.

If you buy something and use it to commit illegal acts, they'll take it away and resell it to someone else. It's not stupid, the people that buy this stuff to comit crimes with are stupid. The plan is sheer brilliance. How many other places can get away with selling the exact same thing again and again and again without ever having to pay for it in the first place?

I also can't decide if it's more amusing or sad that no one believes a duplication tower or grow light can be used for legal purposes.

I'm sure this brings a lot of money, but I'd still be pissed at having someone steal my stuff to selling it for some cash and then having the police take it from those people and sell it. A friend of mine had his car stolen and recovered (with his computer tower and various items missing from the back seat) and found some stuff of his when he went to a police auction. Needless to say, he was kind of ticked at the extreme hastle he had to go through to get it back when it had clear markings that it belonged to him. For me that's shady business, even if it does bring in money for the general welfare. If we really wanted to make some cash, we should sell confiscated drugs... haha.

Also, there certainly are legitimate reasons for owning portable gram measuring kits, hydroponics devices and duplication towers. I've even had to use hydroponics equipment for several experiments myself. Considering how obscure the uses are for these items in normal households and the fact that they're being sold in a police auction because they've been confiscated in connection with crimes, I'd say it's not really that "amusing or sad" that the general consensus is that they've been used for illegal pusposes. I mean, there are valid reasons for owning a firearm and a number of people do. If you're buying a confiscated gun that's been in an evidence room, though, chances are it didn't get there by legal law-biding means.

Oh, and somebody needs to buy the underwear.

Back