starwarscommander

It's a complete rip off of Clash of Clans. I recommend joining us in the real game if you want a "squad" to team up with. :p

Clash is made by the same devs as Boom Beach too, but Clash is their biggest game, so it gets updated with new gameplay elements every few months or so.

I started up SW Commander a couple days ago. Tried CoC too, but it's not as polished as Commander. I'm in the New_Age_Outlaws squad, which is open for anyone to join.

I started up SW Commander a couple days ago. Tried CoC too, but it's not as polished as Commander. I'm in the New_Age_Outlaws squad, which is open for anyone to join.

Seriously??? Tried SW Commander mainly because of the IP but stopped after 5 minutes. Mobile game creators need to innovate more.

Seriously??? Tried SW Commander mainly because of the IP but stopped after 5 minutes. Mobile game creators need to innovate more.

Yes, I started up both CoC and SW:C at the same time, and stuck with Commander. In CoC, the beginning is so slow where SW:C just cuts the crap and gets you into it. Graphically, SW:C is light years ahead (pun intended) of CoC. Not to mention the theme and mechanics make more sense to me in SW:C.

I just uninstalled it. Units don't carry over, build times are stupid long, I don't feel like paying for crystals to instant build/train, unit/build caps are way too low.

But the biggest reason: The AI fucking blows dick. I've lost whole squads that were busy shooting up a barracks while the closest turret is thinning their ranks. Total facepalm stuff. That was the last straw, not wanting to wait 15 minutes to recruit another force to get itself wiped out.

I just uninstalled it. Units don't carry over, build times are stupid long, I don't feel like paying for crystals to instant build/train, unit/build caps are way too low.

But the biggest reason: The AI fucking blows dick. I've lost whole squads that were busy shooting up a barracks while the closest turret is thinning their ranks. Total facepalm stuff. That was the last straw, not wanting to wait 15 minutes to recruit another force to get itself wiped out.

The AI is pretty bad if you just dump units out there and leave them to their own devices; you need to deploy them with their target preferences in mind. Since you're already done with this game, this advice is for those still playing.

If you deploy generalists, their target preference is the closest target. If you want to mitigate turret damage, you'll want more bruiser units that target turrets (e.g. Dark Trooper, Wookie Warrior, 2-M Tank, AAT-1); they take less damage versus turrets and wont stop killing turrets until all turrets are gone, or they die. Once all turrets are destroyed, those turret bruiser units become generalists and attack the nearest target. Usually you cannot trust generalists to take out turrets efficiently, since most turrets are spaced out they'll get distracted and attack the next nearest thing.

When attacking in general, always always screen your heavy hitters with bruiser infantry (e.g. Dark Troopers/Wookies) to draw turret fire away from them. It only takes 2 or so missile volleys to take down an AT-ST/T2-B, so put Dark Troopers/Wookies up front to take the heat off of them.

Eventually when you get AT-AT/Juggernauts who want to target shield generators; they're great at taking them out, but they often mosey about aimlessly in turret range, which negates their range advantage. The key here is the make sure shields are out before deploying AT-AT/Juggernauts in full force so that they become generalists. I often roll with 2x AT-ATs, so I'll risk one to take out the shields, then drop the second to mop up things up at range if shields are down.

Back