Startup Claims Solid State Battery Breakthrough

Fuck these battery development stories. Reading them is a complete waste of my time. Has been for years now since we moved from Ni-Cad.

This article could be true and the reason Tesla head is taking on smoking pot and drinking .

These batteries contain 'science sounding stuff' that are known to the state of California that cause ......:/

Nary a month goes by that does not have battery "breakthrough" article.

If one believed them batteries would be self charging, environmentally friendly and cook you breakfast in bed.
Well lion batteries can't cook you breakfast in bed but they can cook you in bed

Big questions that they didn't answer: charge and discharge rate, number of charge/discharge cycles before cell degrades, cold and hot performance, and of course, cost. Without this information there is no way to even know how useful these batteries will be (assuming they are real) or for what applications.

Seems a Taiwanese company called ProLogium already has a similar thing. Great Scott did a video on them:

Energy density is lower than lipo, but you can bend these thing, even cut them without them blowing up, and they even still work with chunks cut out.

http://www.prologium.com/index.aspx

I had seen this before this article and was pretty much why I called bullshit on it right off the bat. This company is already doing it, have working cells and the drawbacks are well known and documented. Yet some startup claims to have something vastly superior to this? Yea..color me skeptical. Honestly this is one of the most irritating things in tech news for me. Tons of "Claims" and never any substance. I would love seeing a law passed that says you can't claim a "breakthrough" in media unless you can produce a working prototype. Call it the "Put up or Shut up" law.

Back