Starting to think my power souce is going, please help

Rycon

Weaksauce
Alright il make this quick, starting to think that my PSU is either not giving enough juice or is going bad (It wont wake up sometimes and other weird things).

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300
GIGABYTE GA-965P-S3 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express
G.Skill F2-6400CL5S-1GBNQ 2GB (4x 512MB) DDR2 800 RAM
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
eVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB PCI-Express
XClio 450BL ATX 450W

PSU newegg spec site:
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16817189003

I have 6 fans (2 120MM and 4 80mm) (with blue LED lights in them) in the case and a DVD burner.

Speed fan:
Vcore1: 1.18v
Vcore2: 1.90v
+3.3v: 3.30v
+5v: 4.92v
+12v: 0.0v

-12v: -16.97v
-5v: -4.75v
+5v: 5.16v
Vbat: 4.08v

I was planning on installing a 9600GT card in place of the 7600gt.. am I going to kill it?

Any help would be very much apreciated, thank you.

Don't use software or the BIOs for your voltage readings. Rarely are those accurate. Use a digital multimeter instead. Good FAQ on how to use DMM to test a PSU:
http://www.bfgpower.com/troubleshooting.html#DMM

Also please tell us more about these "problems" you're having with your PC that makes you think it's PSU related. When it comes to troubleshooting, too much information isn't a bad thing.

Alright well it has restarted suddenly before (But very rarely) and not just in a game.

Just recently it has started to not wake up, its only happened twice now (Very close together). I start it up and all the fans come on and CPU fan aswell but no display, it might be a OS problem since the OS does not respond (Hitting the power button while running is set to shutdown, but it wont respond). I noticed that my keyboard is not recieving power at this time (Blue light up keys) so I guess its not giving USB power. I have to force it off and then when I boot it again it does the same thing, today I found that I had to unplug it and drain the power, then it boots right up. No beep codes, everything seems fine.

Today im going to update my Bios to the latest firmware and that might resolve some bugs.

I guess im going to have to get ahold of a voltage meter or whatever.

You can also just pick up a PSU locally (Antec is usually found locally) and use that new PSU to see if the problems still persists even after a PSU swap. If the system is stable with the locally bought PSU, return it and buy a better PSU online.

Though it sounds like a mobo problem to me. But try the PSU swap before you start an RMA for the motherboard.

Well surprisingly enough I installed the 9600GT superclocked edition and its running great.. finaly my computer seems worth a shit again.. could use a little over clocking but I should probably buy a new PSU.. im sure im pushing it to its limits.

Back