Starfield

Based on the footage, some scenes are running in the engine. Could anybody forsee what kind of performance/system would it run on?
If developers are showing something off in real time it's almost always on the highest end system available. Unless they specifically say it's all running on "X" to brag about performance. So probably a 3090.

If developers are showing something off in real time it's almost always on the highest end system available. Unless they specifically say it's all running on "X" to brag about performance. So probably a 3090.
nothing about that footage strikes me as something that would need a 3090.. that could have easily been running on a series X (or PS5 if it ends up not being an Xbox exclusive)

nothing about that footage strikes me as something that would need a 3090.. that could have easily been running on a series X (or PS5 if it ends up not being an Xbox exclusive)

Hard to tell, yes some stuff looked in engine but we really have no idea how the game will look and what it will require.

It'll be so buggy and unoptimized at launch that it probably won't much matter what your system specs are

This is what I want to see from Starfield Big Doors with hydraulic smoke billowing out the doors.
Then Rocks you can climb up and see the base of the fort which you will tackle next.
I like the Outer World but didn't even finish it just deleted it the other day cause I have so many other games to play.
I might install it again...

I found Outer Worlds fun for about 5 or 6 hours and then it just felt redundant. Never could finish it.

Really nice music. Inon Zur coming in with the London Symphony Orchestra. They aren't messing around or pinching pennies here.

Not gonna lie, I want this to be good so much that I'm nervous. But no pre-order.

I found Outer Worlds fun for about 5 or 6 hours and then it just felt redundant. Never could finish it.

Agree it was a chore of "Go to person A for something they say ok but go do this for me" quests I finished but was ready for it to be over and it was not a long game.

Longtime Bethesda composer Inon Zur discusses the creation of the game’s main theme...

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Agree it was a chore of "Go to person A for something they say ok but go do this for me" quests I finished but was ready for it to be over and it was not a long game.
And it tried way too hard to be funny and clever, and failed IMO

Man time flies. When the release date was announced my memory just recorded it as "a really long time from now".

The new delay date is way closer than I thought the target date was lol.

delays are standard operating procedure nowadays for every big AAA game...every single big game of the last few years has been delayed (sometimes multiple delays)- STALKER 2, Elden Ring, Cyberpunk, Dying Light 2 etc...the crazy part is that people think that these delays mean less bugs...Cyberpunk was delayed multiple times and was one of the most buggy games in recent memory

so take the original release date, add in a 6+ month delay plus another 6+ months of post-release patches and then maybe we'll get a stable game

Last edited:
Jason Schreier: "Last spring before E3, I spoke to some folks on Starfield who were extremely worried about committing to a 11-11-22 date based on the progress they'd made so far. ("Next Cyberpunk" was the term floated.) Good on Bethesda for delaying even after announcing that specific date"

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1524724800949833732

Well that's kind of funny because it really depends what they mean by "Next Cyberpunk"

It's probably good they delay and fix things because it should help them avoid a release as disasterous as Cyberpunk, but Cyberpunk delayed a lot and still had a disasterous release. So by delaying they're doing exactly what Cyberpunk did.

Well that's kind of funny because it really depends what they mean by "Next Cyberpunk"

It's probably good they delay and fix things because it should help them avoid a release as disasterous as Cyberpunk, but Cyberpunk delayed a lot and still had a disasterous release. So by delaying they're doing exactly what Cyberpunk did.

'next Cyberpunk' meaning if Bethesda had stuck with their 11/22 release date then it would have been a disastrous release with tons of bugs, performance issues, missing features and optimizations needed

Reactions: cvinh
like this
Now it's basically the only game you are waiting forward to next year. I keed I keeed, but it's better to have it right out the gate (or more polished, less broken, whatever standard).

Eh, there's always something to keep me busy in the meantime. I want my first play through to be relatively bug free so I'm all for delays and it also puts less pressure on the developers. Gamers are so entitled these days always needing instant gratification. The real world always has delays, setbacks, postponements.

'next Cyberpunk' meaning if Bethesda had stuck with their 11/22 release date then it would have been a disastrous release with tons of bugs, performance issues, missing features and optimizations needed
Isn't that Bethesdaa track record thus far for release quality with its Fallout and Elder Scrolls games?

This must be MS doing. You know damn well Bethesda would of just released a broken game like always.
Wouldn't be surprised. Microsoft amazingly got Double Fine to put out Psychonauts 2 without any major issues. That was a miracle given Double Fine's track record. I'm sure Microsoft sees Starfield as a tentpole to their acquisition strategy and wants it to stand strong on first impression.

finally some gameplay footage!...looks like Fallout in space combined with No Man's Sky...I don't trust Bethesda with creating 1000+ planets...looks like it'll get old fast after exploring the first 50 or so planets...Bethesda needs to innovate the gameplay versus copying the Elder Scrolls/Fallout formula

combat looks pretty basic and graphics don't look all that great...the quality of the quests will make or break this game...

Starfield: Official Gameplay Reveal

Last edited:
If they're smart they'll put a lot of attention in making maybe a dozen or so colonized planets and then make the remaining ones be unexplored with percent procedurally generated ruidmentary alien life and biomes. That way there's a plausible reason for only some of the planets being colonized and they are able to create more engaging cities and towns to explore and do quests on.

Looks like it will be Chore Simulator: Space Edition. Lots of collecting crap, barren worlds with no real content and the like. They showed off holding a button to make a piece of rock fall off a big rock. Who finds that stuff fun? I feel like this game will have hours upon hours of that. There was not much mentioned about the plot or mission style. I hope it is engaging and not something on the side of being a garbage collector.

The rest looks fairly bland. Average shooting gameplay. Super basic space combat. The skill system that "combines the best of our previous games" looks pointless. Upgrade Ballistic Weapon Damage by 10%, 20%, 30%. It doesn't get anymore basic or lazy than that. Fallout games actually have interesting and useful Skills/Perks. Typically upgrading gives you some new ability, not just doing the same thing with a slightly better percentage value.

Fallout games are long but the map has plenty of stuff all over so you're constantly finding and seeing something relevant. Due to the scale this seems like you will be spending more time in bland, barren environments with basic set pieces.

I'm hoping we see more that makes this game come off as a more focused story driven game. Because the combat looks underwhelming, it really needs to be focused to make it from becoming boring and repetitive.

Looks like it will be Chore Simulator: Space Edition. Lots of collecting crap, barren worlds with no real content and the like. They showed off holding a button to make a piece of rock fall off a big rock. Who finds that stuff fun? I feel like this game will have hours upon hours of that. There was not much mentioned about the plot or mission style. I hope it is engaging and not something on the side of being a garbage collector.

The rest looks fairly bland. Average shooting gameplay. Super basic space combat. The skill system that "combines the best of our previous games" looks pointless. Upgrade Ballistic Weapon Damage by 10%, 20%, 30%. It doesn't get anymore basic or lazy than that. Fallout games actually have interesting and useful Skills/Perks. Typically upgrading gives you some new ability, not just doing the same thing with a slightly better percentage value.

Fallout games are long but the map has plenty of stuff all over so you're constantly finding and seeing something relevant. Due to the scale this seems like you will be spending more time in bland, barren environments with basic set pieces.

I'm hoping we see more that makes this game come off as a more focused story driven game. Because the combat looks underwhelming, it really needs to be focused to make it from becoming boring and repetitive.
Agreed re chore simulator. I am baffled why so many gamers enjoy spending so much time vacuuming i
up resources. Where does that get fun?

Overall that trailer indicates that Bethesda chose to chase the latest game trends instead of trying to create any new ones. And the combat looks very average.

I think they pitched this game as "Skyrim in space" to Zenimax, after seeing the success of NMS they greenlighted it ahead of the next Fallout or TES games.
In the end they will realize they should have just skipped this game and prioritized TES6 instead.

But who knows maybe this will be Bethesda's magnum opus?

Back