Starcraft

Komataguri said:
You didn't pick up the humorous and jestful overtone acompanied by the use of jestful :p's
You should be punched in the eye for saying "jestful" twice in one sentence...

I still pick it up every once in a while.... playing it currently.... it has some things that w3 doesnt have... such as HUGE armys and kick ass air.... wouldnt give my copy up :)

I was searching through my massive collection of various discs (burned, music, DVDs, random games, etc.) and I found legitimate copies of StarCraft and Brood Wars. I don't even remember buying them, or ever playing them.

I use to pwn on this game. Now, I don't even remember what my original handle was.

Still a great game, I play under the username "mc_flipside" once in a while.

finalgt said:
I was searching through my massive collection of various discs (burned, music, DVDs, random games, etc.) and I found legitimate copies of StarCraft and Brood Wars. I don't even remember buying them, or ever playing them.

Heh. I just found my original box (Protoss). :)
Not sure where the CD and CD-key is, but I've seen them around somewhere.
I keep a *cough* alternate version loaded for single- and LAN-gaming.

starcraft is no doubt one of the greatest games ever created. there is so much strategy involved and I'd say the dawn of serious micro-management. there is a counter for every move the other player(s) make. I still play all the time, I've slipped some since they released WC3, but now I'm back to starcraft.

Somebody else nailed it, they won't make a SC2 because it'll never top the first. Maybe they should make another expansion using the old engine, a few more units, some new maps, that would be a blast.

All I want is better graphics if they ever make another SC. And just like broodwar, add 1-3 more units for each race if that is a must.

A new graphics engine and I'm all over it :).

I love this game. This game is what brought me to PC gaming. I'm not sure when hate bot played StarCraft, but since it first came out, they have nerfed zerg a bit, takes zerg a little bit longer to get going in the beginning, spawn pool is no longer 150 but 200 minerals, as well with the Terran academy. Broodwars adds a lot more strats to it. With lurkers and dark templars, you actually have to build detectors and such... if you play origonal SC its more of a rush fest and who can pump out more units, but BroodWars, if you try doing that, you prolly just gonna get owned.

IF you wanna play, I usually play on West, account is usually either BloodHarvest or BakersRevenge so hit me up if your on :D

GOD . I just played a game. and went to do a drop on somoene and messed it up and all my dropp ships go blown up!!!! Goddddddddd i'm so dumb

Just played a game today.

Brought in a fleet of corsairs and 3 templars + ground units for the win. Disruption web pwnz :D

--KK

ohhh a mod.

I think toss are the strongest. But as we all know that all teams are strong. Its really about dropping on people. Just find a weak spot and bombs away lol

My favorite Toss unit is Archon. I love dropping 12 archons in the middle of the enemy base and just pwnz0ring with aircover of a few Carriers loaded to the brim with interceptors.

My favorite Terran tactic is stealth ghosts with nukes pointed at every of the enemy base, and as the nukes finish, move in with Battleships and Stim'd marines and Firebats and mop up.

Favorite Zerg Tactic is surrounding an enemy base with lurkers, Then move in with Guardians and Mutalisks. Quickly hit the resource gatherers and critical structures and then retreat. Enemy forces in pursuit get pwned by the lurkers.

I always surround my bases with a double layer defense of bunkers and Missile Towers.

That's a lot of money to spend on defensive structures :)

Why not use Gols + sci vessels instead of a ton of towers?

--KK

KingKaeru said:
That's a lot of money to spend on defensive structures :)

Why not use Gols + sci vessels instead of a ton of towers?

--KK

Because I am a turtling fortress whore. :p

Which explains why I used to only play on high resource maps :p

Neehario said:
starcraft is my favorite RTS of all time.

Same here, though I haven't played in a few years. I'm sure the fanatical Korean players on Bnet would still kick my butt.

bigbadgreen said:
starcraft is no doubt one of the greatest games ever created. there is so much strategy involved and I'd say the dawn of serious micro-management. there is a counter for every move the other player(s) make. I still play all the time, I've slipped some since they released WC3, but now I'm back to starcraft.

Somebody else nailed it, they won't make a SC2 because it'll never top the first. Maybe they should make another expansion using the old engine, a few more units, some new maps, that would be a blast.

someones obviously never played Total Annhiliation. StarCraft is far from the dawn of micromanage. TA was by far its equal if not better in online play. Maps we gigantic and there was a larger unit selection. Really too bad the company went under, they had talent.

Command And Conquer holds the higher honor of micro manage.

Komataguri said:
My favorite Toss unit is Archon. I love dropping 12 archons in the middle of the enemy base and just pwnz0ring with aircover of a few Carriers loaded to the brim with interceptors.

My favorite Terran tactic is stealth ghosts with nukes pointed at every of the enemy base, and as the nukes finish, move in with Battleships and Stim'd marines and Firebats and mop up.

Favorite Zerg Tactic is surrounding an enemy base with lurkers, Then move in with Guardians and Mutalisks. Quickly hit the resource gatherers and critical structures and then retreat. Enemy forces in pursuit get pwned by the lurkers.

I always surround my bases with a double layer defense of bunkers and Missile Towers.

none of these tactics will ever work against a good player on a real map.

Back