Starcraft

Ron1jed

Supreme [H]ardness
Starcraft is like crack........Its amazing how people sitll play it. I was up last night till like 4am playing it online. Anyone hard members still play it?

still an addict, play it online all the time. up for a 1v1 any time? S)2-k.ng is my name on BattleNet East

In my opinion, Starcraft is Blizzard's worst game, theres a reason they still havn't made a 2

They should just make Ghost, and end it.

starcraft is awesome, it's really amazing how many people play it so many years later. best RTS ever made. starcraft just landed spot number 7 on IGN's top 100.

Starcraft is brilliant.
Good balance, interesting and completely different races, suitable scale and micromanagment level. I still like the looks of it, too. (I might be alone in that.)

As for Hate_Bot: What do you not like about it, and how did you like WC2 and 3?

Anyone ever see Robot chicken. With the tucican sam thing and the trix rabbit???

----
In my opinion, Starcraft is Blizzard's worst game, theres a reason they still havn't made a 2
------

KILLLLL THAT MOTTTHERRR FUCKER!!!

hahaha

OMFG Are you fucking isnane? Starcraft is the most prefect rts game ever fucking made!!!! I mean come on!!!!!! I remeber the time i played it .. i was hooked for HOURS AND HOURS. Like I coulddn't stop. And i STILL play it; Years and years and the game still owns. All of blizzard games are very good.....including starcraft.

As for Starcraft 2... I don't think they plan on making a 2.... It could never be better then 1.

HHunt said:
As for Hate_Bot: What do you not like about it, and how did you like WC2 and 3?

The fact that the game is one big Zerg rush, it doesnt matter WHO you build, just as long as you build LOTS of them.

Warcraft is slightly the same, but it's a bit better.

Ago fo Empires is the best, it doesn't matter if you bring 200 Swordsmen, if you don't bring an artillerary, you're screwed

Also, Empire Earth is the best example also, I just got into the game, It's one of the best RTSs because you need tactics, and planning, not just a bunch of gas mines and 300 zerglings

Ron1jed said:
OMFG Are you fucking isnane? Starcraft is the most prefect rts game ever fucking made!!!! I mean come on!!!!!! I remeber the time i played it .. i was hooked for HOURS AND HOURS. Like I coulddn't stop. And i STILL play it; Years and years and the game still owns. All of blizzard games are very good.....including starcraft.

Like I said, I prefer tactics, and strategy, instead of zerg rushing

Also, the entire online community is filled with: ../&&***AzNpWeR•Xc☺☺☺****^^^___^^^

Hate_Bot said:
The fact that the game is one big Zerg rush, it doesnt matter WHO you build, just as long as you build LOTS of them.

Warcraft is slightly the same, but it's a bit better.

Ago fo Empires is the best, it doesn't matter if you bring 200 Swordsmen, if you don't bring an artillerary, you're screwed

Also, Empire Earth is the best example also, I just got into the game, It's one of the best RTSs because you need tactics, and planning, not just a bunch of gas mines and 300 zerglings

Like I said, I prefer tactics, and strategy, instead of zerg rushing

Also, the entire online community is filled with: ../&&***AzNpWeR•Xc☺☺☺****^^^___^^^
If you think it's all Zerg Rushing, you're obviously not aware of professional Brood War in Korea.

Craftish said:
If you think it's all Zerg Rushing, you're obviously not aware of professional Brood War in Korea.

Listen, I played the game for a few months with friends, I don't think it's a good game, and I think Blizzard should put their time in better projects, rather then a starcraft sequel.

Well, it's definitely not all zerg/whatever - rushing.
Which leads us back to the original question: What (else) don't you like about it?

HHunt said:
Which leads us back to the original question: What (else) don't you like about it?

The community, the playable races, and just the core gameplay.

Plus, the story (as far as I can remember) israther Cliche

wow, i havent played this game in a year, but it is a kick ass game. i also like star craft for n64 cuz i played it with my bro.

command an conquers, i loved all those from tiberian sun to red alert 2, serious fun right there with no aliens just tanks nukes planes and robots.

ill have to re install those because im getting too addicted to bf2. thanks for reminding me i still have those classic games

Ron1jed said:
Starcraft is like crack........Its amazing how people sitll play it. I was up last night till like 4am playing it online. Anyone hard members still play it?

tell me about it... I almost failed a class because of that game
its too addicting

the invention of the zerg rush. funs

c&c are good too. i might have to install all these games and play em. i still gotta do kotor though, and i have wow.

sigh

Thank god I can't find my Starcraft and Broodwar disks.

Its that alone that is keeping my ass in bed and sleeping, instead of red eyed after 40 hours of straight Starcrafting.

Hate_Bot said:

stop playing money maps ;)

I'll pop starcraft back in occasionally and play a few games with my friends every so often.

--KK

Hate_Bot said:
The community, the playable races, and just the core gameplay.

Plus, the story (as far as I can remember) is rather Cliche

Fair enough. I'll disagree rather strongly, but that's no suprise.

HHunt said:

Too many koreans playing! I hadn't played in about 3 years, and I jumped on for old times sake. Damn. raped and hard. I'm too used to WC3's AMM and expanded unit control nowadays, and it's hard to go back to a game where everyone has a 3 year experience jump on you now. Still a damn good game, but hard to get back into online.

0wil

lol, Hate_Bot,
You hate the game because you're a noob and can't stop a simple rush? Why don't you go play Sim City or something and build your little economy there for 2hrs before trying to play a competitive game online.

Its like that with any game when you're new, there's no sense in hating a game because people that have been playing it for years are faster/better than you :rolleyes:

Zerg rushing? As long as your prepared, an early zerg rush wont kill you.
Late in the game? Getting swampping by millions of hydralisks? Nuke your own base.
I did it once in a ladder game, most the buildings survived, all of his little hordes died.
muahahah

Starcraft is one of the best games ever. Dont blame the game because you cant think out of the box.

Craftish said:
rgr on that one. You [Hate_Bot] either suck or haven't played enough. Zerg Rush is nothing if you now how to defend against it. Most people use it to break their oponents concentration and to halt further expansion.

Thurlow said:
You do realize that SCVs/probes can easily stop a zergling rush right?

So can an ARMADA OF BATTLESHIPS EQUIPED WITH YAMATO CANNONS BRINING DOWN POST APOCALYPTIC JUDGEMENT UPON THE HEADS OF MAN!

BWYAHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Yeah starcraft is awesome i play it daily. If anyone wants to play just reply here with your username / gateway. BUT if you play noob money maps dont even bother.

and to hatebot: watch 100 top zerg replays and less than 5 will be ling rushes, most of which only slow down the opponent, not kill him. And even if you do ling rush, if he defends it with little or no losses then youve just put yourself behind because you sacrafice economy for units early on.

and steelchicken, nukes are never used against zerg because the tech and ghosts cost a lot of gas which is better spent on science vessels, and zerg units are so fast they can just see the red dot and move away.

well let me say this, i was never fond of the game either, not because of zerg rushes, they did piss me off though. But damn let the guy have his own opnion and don' bash him about it, i'm sure there are games you hate that i may like, so what thats your opnion.

on the starcraft side, the game is what 10 years old move on already it wasn't that freakin impressive to be addicted to after 10 years.

If you can't stop a zerg rush, you have problems. This game has so many tatics. Its very balanced, does not take hours like AOE, and EE, but is so fun. I still play it to this day. Me and a friend are getting back into it and trying to master 2v2 matches as well as 1v1.

Hate_Bot said:
ALRIGHT LISTEN I JUST DON'T LIKE THE GAME SHUT THE HELL UP!

Jeez

u r t3h d3val!

j00 r n0 t3h l33t

:p

Seriously, He dosn't like the game.

His reasoning may be totally wrong and flawed, but hey...its his reasoning and he can believe it however he wants. Leave him be. :p

Komataguri said:
Seriously, He dosn't like the game.

His reasoning may be totally wrong and flawed, but hey...its his reasoning and he can believe it however he wants. Leave him be. :p

How the hell can an opinion be wrong?

Hate_Bot said:
How the hell can an opinion be wrong?

"I think the the earth is flat"
"I believe that forum trolls are well adjusted individuals"
"George W is a smrt guy, he's not an ignorant OR stupid"

*see above for opinions that are "wrong"*

SilverMK3 said:
"I think the the earth is flat"
"I believe that forum trolls are well adjusted individuals"
"George W is a smrt guy, he's not an ignorant OR stupid"

*see above for opinions that are "wrong"*

Well, the first one was a scientific fact (at the time) and not an opinion.
The second one can be right, although the individual is either a troll, or just never dealt with them.
And I don't agree with the "LOL Bush is dumb am i rite guyz!!!" and I think it's stupid. I'm Pretty liberal, I would vote democrat (if I wasn't 17) and I do believe Bush should be out of office, not because he's an idiot, but because he's a bit of a psycho, he's obsessive, and he is impulsive. He's not stupid, he just has outdated vews (being a conservitive and all) and he's sending america a bit down the tube, because of his old-timey opinions (Intelligent Design in science class! What the hell is this? The year 1765?)

And plus, it's an opinion on a game. I just don't like the gameplay, it's not my style.

And in my opinion, you are more ignorant then Bush.

Hate_Bot said:
Well, the first one was a scientific fact (at the time) and not an opinion.
The second one can be right, although the individual is either a troll, or just never dealt with them.
And I don't agree with the "LOL Bush is dumb am i rite guyz!!!" and I think it's stupid. I'm Pretty liberal, I would vote democrat (if I wasn't 17) and I do believe Bush should be out of office, not because he's an idiot, but because he's a bit of a psycho, he's obsessive, and he is impulsive. He's not stupid, he just has outdated vews (being a conservitive and all) and he's sending america a bit down the tube, because of his old-timey opinions (Intelligent Design in science class! What the hell is this? The year 1765?)

And plus, it's an opinion on a game. I just don't like the gameplay, it's not my style.

And in my opinion, you are more ignorant then Bush.

If fact can be false how can an opinion stand :p

For everyone else you might enjoy this :)
http://www.supremestarcraft.com/mu/alpha.php

Hate_Bot: Your main mistake isn't not liking the game, but posting that view in a thread about people liking it, it seems. ;)

pigwalk said:
Too many koreans playing! I hadn't played in about 3 years, and I jumped on for old times sake. Damn. raped and hard. I'm too used to WC3's AMM and expanded unit control nowadays, and it's hard to go back to a game where everyone has a 3 year experience jump on you now. Still a damn good game, but hard to get back into online.

0wil

im wiating for my bro to mail me back my disks so i can finish the single player. i dont play MP, dont feel like getting raped by a 13 yr old korean.

Back