Starcraft 2 Beta

Just an fyi, sandbox mode is out if you know where to look.

You know, I got 2 keys as well. My guess was that it counted the first time I entered the code on the Blizzcon '08 card 2 years ago. I've also re-entered it last week just in case the information was lost somehow. Apparently, I was able to claim the code again. Tried it for a 3rd time, but it said the code was already claimed.

Sorry, already gave it away lol.

If anyone who was lucky enough to be blessed with a second key that they wouldn't mind parting with, I would be happy to partake in some SC2 beta goodness. :)

I WANNA BETA INVITE BLIZZARDS, YA FUCKTARDS!!!!! I"VE BEEN WAITING 12 GOD DAMN YEARS FOR THIS!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I have no key. Yet I'm playing the game in sandbox mode right now.

No ai or people to play against but it's still fun. :)

Visually it's pretty nice looking, but the learning curve after coming back from playing SC1 so many years ago is killing me.

That and I don't have a nice high end PC to really enjoy it on atm. :(

Visually it's pretty nice looking, but the learning curve after coming back from playing SC1 so many years ago is killing me.

That and I don't have a nice high end PC to really enjoy it on atm. :(

Your computer is more than nice enough to play everything at max settings. The game favors clock speed and dual cores. Graphics cards aren't a huge deal when it comes to the settings and ability to play at 60fps.

On a side note: I'm still waiting for a key as well but replays and sandbox are a nice thing to have.

Review after a couple days, eh... its pretty good, not as good as my initial impression...

some dude I was watching on jtv was streaming hd and playing sc2 on the same machine, all settings ultra with quad conroes and 8800gt. so you ain't going to need an awsome rig to run at max, and it still looks great. nice how blizzard have this kind of performance in the beginning of beta, most can't even pull off stability like this at launch.

Yeah it performs well, 1920x1080 maxed out: 70-90 during most gameplay, ~40 with about 100 units on-screen.

PhII 720 @ 3.4GHz and Radeon 5850.

I noticed however it maxes out Core 0, barely uses Core 1, and about 30-40% of Core 2.

Yeah it performs well, 1920x1080 maxed out: 70-90 during most gameplay, ~40 with about 100 units on-screen.

PhII 720 @ 3.4GHz and Radeon 5850.

I noticed however it maxes out Core 0, barely uses Core 1, and about 30-40% of Core 2.

Yeah this is a big issue right now that no one really seems to be giving any mind. However, this is the beta and I expect better CPU optimization when the final build arrives.

Your computer is more than nice enough to play everything at max settings. The game favors clock speed and dual cores. Graphics cards aren't a huge deal when it comes to the settings and ability to play at 60fps.

If you note, the computer listed in my sig is DEAD and therefore not usable for playing SC2. :D

Playing it on a crappy DELL laptop atm. Sucketh extreme. :(

http://www.livestream.com/FinalFlight

If anyone missed this post. This guy has awesome quality streaming and is pretty entertaining to say the least.

Yea, this guys stream is great. He just sets up matches between others players and commentates them. Reads your chat, takes requests, etc. (make sure to change your chat color to something readable on black as his chat is on top of something dark for him while he's in-game)

What is the point of watching someone stream replays, or upload videos of the replays on youtube when you can watch them yourself on your own computer through the SC2 client without a cd key?

It isnt that hard to setup!

What is the point of watching someone stream replays, or upload videos of the replays on youtube when you can watch them yourself on your own computer through the SC2 client without a cd key?

Because it is live streams -- when he is on.

It is fun and informative to watch games with good commentary. I've learned quite a lot about strategy and good/tricky counters from some of them.

let's see... install an entire (beta) game that you can't play, just to watch finished matches.

or open your browser to stream live gameplay from people who can.

not really worth it imo, unless you want to mess with that cracked sandbox that's going around. word is you can even play against (easy) ai now, but there's no point unless you can play a proper game.

let's see... install an entire (beta) game that you can't play, just to watch finished matches.

or open your browser to stream live gameplay from people who can.

not really worth it imo, unless you want to mess with that cracked sandbox that's going around. word is you can even play against (easy) ai now, but there's no point unless you can play a proper game.

It takes like 5 seconds. You download the client, and you copy a folder to allow you to bypass the login screen. You do not need the crack for sandbox in order to watch replays. Plus there are websites like gamereplays.org where people rate the games, so technically you could find something more entertaining to watch with the benefits of playing it from your own computer (you chose what part of the map to view, better graphics, etc).

hey guys in order for me to sing up for the beta i need to have atleast 1 game... but i dont.. any way around that please say it would be glady appreciated

a little more info on this please? ive done the sand box but id like to how how my rig handles the game when theres more going on. right now in the sand box its at 40-70 fps with a e8500 and 1gb 4870

hey guys in order for me to sing up for the beta i need to have atleast 1 game... but i dont.. any way around that please say it would be glady appreciated

buy the original starcraft pack, it's $15. I would too but I already own them, and lost the keys long time ago. and it's against my principles to buy more than one copy of a game ever, unless it's for someone else. I had all the original starcraft/warcraft games but those discs are long gone, so no "proof" that I own any blizzard games here either.

there's a reason why most of the keys go to inactive wow accounts.

Alright, I decided to download the client so I could watch some replays and see if my computer could handle the game (thought maybe I could get away with low settings and postpone my upgrade). I downloaded the client from Fileshack but when I try installing it with the Blizzard installer it goes EXTREMELY slow (like, after 2 hours it was at 20%) to the point that it's almost like nothing is happening...any ideas?

Back