Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

Update has less stuttering and big FPS boost. Running medium + FSR quality and not dipping below 60fps. Was running low + FSR so I don't get headaches.

LOL framechasers ,let me guess ,puts down AMD,runs game but not in hard to run areas,I could go on but it is what it is.Game still borked

It runs fine with a 4090, 13900k with 7200mhz DDR-5 learn to overclock that type of system, people are complaining about nothing is a strange take (or that reviewer should review with such system).

To be fair, I'm further into the game than I was at the time. Secondly, I had stuttering here and there as for how often, I'm not entirely sure how often it was. I wasn't counting them or documenting them. I just know that the smoothness and feel of the game is dramatically improved simply by turning off my E-cores. Furthermore, the framerate issues I experienced are no doubt similar to what other people experienced. While some people are claiming the game is unplayable because of this, I've never felt that was the case. Whether this is a minor issue or not is a matter of perspective. Lastly, the game would hitch and stutter like hell in new areas and it would clear up and be mostly smooth. That being said, I was used to the way the game ran. Now that I experience it without the stuttering and less frequent frame drops, it's a lot different. It showed me just how bad the game was running before.

Clear enough now?
No please spend another 50 mins justifying why you did what you did. This court of public opinion found you guilty and you cannot change your perspective about a game that you bought and played on your system with your hard earned money.

👀🤣

Jokes aside I need to get back into it. I just fell down a hole trying to get a gyro.

Ok tried it again. Got out of the dungeon area with a new bot. However, once outside I still see drops to 60 FPS when near the cantina. Otherwise it is hovering around 70-80 fps with some hitching where it is clearly loading assets. You can feel that it is doing it all the time. I guess once they fix the streaming assets issue it should be golden. I definitely also think DLSS3 can help this game loads. Still enjoying it though but the stuttering is still a minor issue that you have to live with.

I have had some stability issues with the game today. I have had it crash to desktop twice. I haven't had that issue before turning my E-cores off though that change coincides with the patch.

Yeah, but I still don’t have a problem with literally 99% of the games I play.

At 4K my 3090 is virtually never bottlenecked by my 9900k. Of the 500 plus games in my library I’m happy with the performance in virtually all of them, with a few exceptions.

I was going to buy a 4090 at launch, and upgrade my entire system at the same time - but it seemed like such a waste when my system was, and still is, running so well. I’ve always loved being on the cutting edge of technology, but I’m aging, and I now have to look towards the next phase of my life when I’ll have much less income.

That said, you bought an AMD cpu because it’s new tech? I’ve always gone with Intel. I’ll look into it.

EDIT: which motherboard are you planning to buy with the 7800x3d?

EDIT: So I read up on the 7800X3D - it seems that as of April 2023 this is probably the best CPU for gaming, and it’s on a new platform.

I now have to consider this. Thanks for alerting me, Armenius.
I bought AMD since they have the best performance metrics in multiple categories compared to Intel currently. You can also see how much improved the low 1% framerate is when you look at reviews that still include the 9900K.

I went with the ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F. More details in this post:

https://hardforum.com/threads/7800x3d-will-be-an-utter-failure-of-a-cpu.2026614/post-1045627955

I'm actually pretty happy with the way the game performs now, even with raytracing enabled, but this crashing is bad enough that I have to give up on it now. They improved performance but ruined stability. Also, this is not the type of game where crashing is easy to deal with. You can quite easily loose 20-30 minutes of progress with a crash.

That said, you bought an AMD cpu because it’s new tech? I’ve always gone with Intel. I’ll look into it.
If you're gaming at 4K then the cpu is not going to matter too much in the end with gaming as you will be more GPU bound. I've stuck with Intel for years now after going with AMD early on and haven't looked back. Also there has been issues as of late with the new AMD CPU's overheating, but I believe they are working on that with board manufacturers. Not trying to sway you one way or another, just adding to the conversation.

I'm actually pretty happy with the way the game performs now, even with raytracing enabled, but this crashing is bad enough that I have to give up on it now. They improved performance but ruined stability. Also, this is not the type of game where crashing is easy to deal with. You can quite easily loose 20-30 minutes of progress with a crash.
This is not good if stability is an issue now. I downloaded the patch, but won't really get a chance to play it again until mid to late week.

If you're gaming at 4K then the cpu is not going to matter too much in the end with gaming as you will be more GPU bound. I've stuck with Intel for years now after going with AMD early on and haven't looked back. Also there has been issues as of late with the new AMD CPU's overheating, but I believe they are working on that with board manufacturers. Not trying to sway you one way or another, just adding to the conversation.
In the thread I posted a link to we talked about that. Motherboard manufacturers set the SOC voltage too high with EXPO enabled for the memory. All the major ones have released a new BIOS to limit SOC voltage, and AMD is releasing a new AGESA version shortly to address it wholesale. In other words, it should no longer be an issue.

I fired this up last night and bailed in the middle of the opening sequence. Lots of hitching, pausing, etc. FPS seemed super high, but all of that hitching = unplayable as far as I'm concerned. It wasn't like the first game, this was a constant thing every 10 or so seconds. I'm in no rush, so I'll just wait for more updates.

Ok tried it again. Got out of the dungeon area with a new bot. However, once outside I still see drops to 60 FPS when near the cantina. Otherwise it is hovering around 70-80 fps with some hitching where it is clearly loading assets. You can feel that it is doing it all the time. I guess once they fix the streaming assets issue it should be golden. I definitely also think DLSS3 can help this game loads. Still enjoying it though but the stuttering is still a minor issue that you have to live with.
Have they said anything about putting DLSS in? I wouldn't get my hopes up if they haven't.

Patch really did help in performance for me. But, I have crashed twice now since the patch. Hopefully they keep working on it, but the story is amazing to me. Really enjoying the game.....at 4k its breathtaking.

Too bad the Launch didnt go smoother.

Patch really did help in performance for me. But, I have crashed twice now since the patch. Hopefully they keep working on it, but the story is amazing to me. Really enjoying the game.....at 4k its breathtaking.

Too bad the Launch didnt go smoother.
I've had the same issues with stability. Prior to the patch, I never experienced a crash.

This is a really great example of what we have been seeing here constantly. He even states that most of the people complaining about the game don't even have it.

Meh. Framechasers/Jufes/Ivan or whatever it is can be all over the place as a commentator/analyst such that I have a hard time taking him seriously. I also don't care to pay $50-70 to beta test a new game but that doesn't mean I can't criticize or complain given what data is being shown.

Meh. Framechasers/Jufes/Ivan or whatever it is can be all over the place as a commentator/analyst such that I have a hard time taking him seriously. I also don't care to pay $50-70 to beta test a new game but that doesn't mean I can't criticize or complain given what data is being shown.
Luckily I paid $15 to play it for a month. More than enough time to beat it.

Caved and bought the game. The stuttering is easily the worst I have ever seen. It's somehow even worse than I was expecting (I was expecting something like Returnal level stutter). My PC is powerful enough and my expectations were low enough to where I could live with the unacceptably bad CPU bottlenecked frame rates, but the stutter is simply Unreal (pun intended).

Also, the HDR calibration menu is worthless garbage. And the menu controls are terrible. The HDR sliders go from 0-100, and you can't hold down an arrow key on the keyboard to scroll through the range of the adjustment slider. You have to keep smashing the keyboard button. On controller, you can hold the joystick, but the slider moves at an absolute snails pace. The entire menu UI is utter trash. Even on console, this would be a miserable experience. But on PC, it's clear that PC users weren't even an after thought. They simply don't care about PC at all.

Caved and bought the game. The stuttering is easily the worst I have ever seen. It's somehow even worse than I was expecting (I was expecting something like Returnal level stutter). My PC is powerful enough and my expectations were low enough to where I could live with the unacceptably bad CPU bottlenecked frame rates, but the stutter is simply Unreal (pun intended).

Also, the HDR calibration menu is worthless garbage. And the menu controls are terrible. The HDR sliders go from 0-100, and you can't hold down an arrow key on the keyboard to scroll through the range of the adjustment slider. You have to keep smashing the keyboard button. On controller, you can hold the joystick, but the slider moves at an absolute snails pace. The entire menu UI is utter trash. Even on console, this would be a miserable experience. But on PC, it's clear that PC users weren't even an after thought. They simply don't care about PC at all.
That cannot be true as it runs "flawless" for all other AMD cpu users...;)

That cannot be true as it runs "flawless" for all other AMD cpu users...
Lol? The people giving you the most pushback on "it must run bad for everyone because reviewers said so" appear to be people actually using Intel.

This is a really great example of what we have been seeing here constantly. He even states that most of the people complaining about the game don't even have it.
Like gerardfraser? LoL!
He reviews both systems @ what we can consider MAX HD OC/ yet still coments of stupid fly-by's are accepted by bitchy girls? Come on now boi. Bring some numbers back and make a REAL POINT!

I tried after new drivers and new patch. Game plays the same. I will next try to drop resolution to 1440P and see if that works better for me. I do need my 90-100 fps but am no longer getting those especially in outdoor areas (hovering around 70-80). I have seen it drop to 45 fps near a waterfall (might be all the RTX kicking in). So yeah, it is quite up and down with this game. Proper DLSS3 can do it favors. Dropping the resolution should as well as my CPU usage remains 30% or less at 4K. So even at 60% CPU utilization at 1440P, I don't think a new processor / 7800X3D combo will be helpful.

Having said that game is like dope and I am enjoying the fuck out of it.

Last edited:
I tried after new drivers and new patch. Game plays the same. I will next try to drop resolution to 1440P and see if that works better for me. I do need my 90-100 fps but am no longer getting those especially in outdoor areas (hovering around 70-80). I have seen it drop to 45 fps near a waterfall (might be all the RTX kicking in). So yeah, it is quite up and down with this game. Proper DLSS3 can do it favors. Dropping the resolution should as well as my CPU usage remains 30% or less at 4K. So even at 60% CPU utilization at 1440P, I don't think a new processor / 7800X3D combo will be helpful.

Having said that game is like dope and I am enjoying the fuck out of it.
Sounds like the Elden Ring experience at release. Game itself is amazing, but the technical issues are really hurting the experience.

I don't actually care about the quality of his videos. I merely stated a fact, most of the people bitching about the game are parroting talking points. Simply, repeating what other reviewers have said. I could give a rats ass about anyone's opinion unless it's backed up with actual, factual, experience. Then, I will listen.

Like gerardfraser? LoL!
He reviews both systems @ what we can consider MAX HD OC/ yet still coments of stupid fly-by's are accepted by bitchy girls? Come on now boi. Bring some numbers back and make a REAL POINT!
Again, he said something that mirrors my experiences with this game and the complete parrots on here and elsewhere. Most of the people complaining about the game, don't own it, haven't tried it, don't know what the hell they are talking about. If you have nothing but regurgitated talking points to spew forth, you're not part of the solution. You're part of the problem.

The menus are complete trash. The map controls are especially frustrating for me.

Again, he said something that mirrors my experiences with this game and the complete parrots on here and elsewhere. Most of the people complaining about the game, don't own it, haven't tried it, don't know what the hell they are talking about. If you have nothing but regurgitated talking points to spew forth, you're not part of the solution. You're part of the problem.

you don't need to buy the game to realize that it has issues...that's the entire point of reviews!...reviewers tell people about the gameplay and performance!...I'm not saying you need to trust every review site in the world but for me personally I have a few sites that I trust...Digital Foundry is one of them and is the best at technical breakdowns and analysis...I'm not sure why you're trying to tell everyone that the game has little to no performance issues when it's obvious it does

this was one of my most anticipated titles of 2023 so I'm disappointed...I already have a copy of the game but I'm going to wait for a few more patches...too many people have some kind of obsession with playing games on Day 1 no matter what condition the game is in...I have plenty of other games in my backlog along with other interests besides gaming to keep me occupied

again too many people think that just because you can technically play the game that it somehow makes the game great...even the worst performing games are technically playable on Day 1 (Cyberpunk 2077, Arkham Knight PC etc) if you're willing to compromise or ignore the major issues...I can lower the graphics settings to Low quality or lower the resolution to 1080p and call it 'playable' but that is not the ideal gameplay experience...I want my first playthrough to be the best it can be and if that means waiting a few weeks then I'm fine with that

you don't need to buy the game to realize that it has issues...that's the entire point of reviews!...reviewers tell people about the gameplay and performance!...
This is a fair point. However, there is a difference between regurgitating what reviewers are saying and first hand experience. Reviewers also generally have a limited sample size of configurations and equipment and so far experiences with this game are all over the place. Some people may not be experiencing severe problems while other problems are universal. The shitty menus for example are universal and a real problem for PC users who do not wish to use a controller. I think it's bullshit I had to turn off my E-Cores to get decent performance out of the game, but it is what it is.

Just as a note, most of the people I know of that aren't having issues (or minimal issues such as crashes to desktop every few hours) are in fact, running AMD CPU's.

The new patch seems to be good news for those playing at 1080p with low quality settings on a 4090, 7900XTX, 3090Ti and 3070.:ROFLMAO:

you don't need to buy the game to realize that it has issues...that's the entire point of reviews!...reviewers tell people about the gameplay and performance!...I'm not saying you need to trust every review site in the world but for me personally I have a few sites that I trust...Digital Foundry is one of them and is the best at technical breakdowns and analysis...I'm not sure why you're trying to tell everyone that the game has little to no performance issues when it's obvious it does

this was one of my most anticipated titles of 2023 so I'm disappointed...I already have a copy of the game but I'm going to wait for a few more patches...too many people have some kind of obsession with playing games on Day 1 no matter what condition the game is in...I have plenty of other games in my backlog along with other interests besides gaming to keep me occupied

again too many people think that just because you can technically play the game that it somehow makes the game great...even the worst performing games are technically playable on Day 1 (Cyberpunk 2077, Arkham Knight PC etc) if you're willing to compromise or ignore the major issues...I can lower the graphics settings to Low quality or lower the resolution to 1080p and call it 'playable' but that is not the ideal gameplay experience...I want my first playthrough to be the best it can be and if that means waiting a few weeks then I'm fine with that
Exactly. There were a bunch of people who did not have many issues with CP2077 on launch. But obviously that game had lots of problems on release and to claim it didn't would just be completely dishonest or willfully ignorant.

The menus are complete trash. The map controls are especially frustrating for me.

the map was horrible in Fallen Order (amazing game but terrible map)...I heard they improved it in Jedi: Survivor

Back