Star Wars Attack Squadrons :O

F2P game... but meh, it's a Star Wars squadron-based game using iconic Star Wars fighters.

Who doesn't want that?

Signed up for beta.

Well, let's hope it generates enough interest that we can get a true successor to x-wing and tie fighter...sign up for Beta guys and gals! While it doesn't happen often in the real world...perhaps we can help steer the 'under new management' label back in the right direction :)

F2P game... but meh, it's a Star Wars squadron-based game using iconic Star Wars fighters.

Who doesn't want that?

Signed up for beta.

Not me, have no interest in a cheap arcade shooter, Star Wars game or not.

XWing vs Tie Fighter space simulator remake please.

Ultimate troll of space sim fans who have been waiting decades for a new x-wing/tie fighter game, instead release a web based F2P P2W arcade shit fest....fuck you Disney!

Ultimate troll of space sim fans who have been waiting decades for a new x-wing/tie fighter game, instead release a web based F2P P2W arcade shit fest....fuck you Disney!

x2 fuck them. could do so much better and holy shit would it sell.

OMG the title had me excited, the content....thanks for ruining Christmas Disney!!!!!

Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

Who doesn't want that?

Signed up for beta.

+1

I've played every star wars game, so I'll at the very least give it a chance. but the f2p scares me. At least in swtor as long as you subscribe the f2p limits are gone...I just wont go for micro transactions.

So I went to sign up for the Disney account needed to sign up for the beta, and with the Nickname space it says "Choose a nickname or we will use one like SWAS1234"...."swas"? Like "swastika"? LOL.

Anyway, signed up but graphically it looks pretty bad. Plus, F2P...

I don't have a problem with F2P except nearly every single F2P game just tries to shove microtransactions down your throat constantly. I would rather just buy a game outright than deal with that shit.

So I went to sign up for the Disney account needed to sign up for the beta, and with the Nickname space it says "Choose a nickname or we will use one like SWAS1234"...."swas"? Like "swastika"? LOL.

SWAS? Like South West Academy of Sport? Like Submillimeter Wave Astronomy Satellite? Like swastika... as in the symbol promoting luck and well-being which you'll see plastered everywhere if you go to India? :p

Anyway, signed up but graphically it looks pretty bad. Plus, F2P...

I don't have a problem with F2P except nearly every single F2P game just tries to shove microtransactions down your throat constantly. I would rather just buy a game outright than deal with that shit.
F2P pretty much implies that it's a cheap money grab. Cheap graphics, cheap gameplay, cheap tricks to try and get you to pay.

The only half decent F2P games of which I can remember are ones that were originally subscription based (of which I am also not a fan) and then were unsuccessful enough to be forced to go F2P.

No, Swass was a term used in the 80's. Typically from the urban and Hip Hop community.

Here, there is a Sir Mix-A-Lot song :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkaJoMicA04

Probably not releated....lol

I signed up but.... why are there X-Wings by trade federation mother ships.... aren't the rebels and trade federation like separated by 30 years or so?

Good bet they're going to mix both Prequel and Original Trilogy eras to give the players more ships to choose from. TIE fighters vs Naboo fighters. yay.

Not at all hopeful for this. Doesn't look space sim at all. And the F2P/P2W model doesn't inspire confidence.

So you'll are going to invest in Disney after this fiasco? In an always on DRM game that the plug can be pulled on at any moment?

Wasn't that shown to be an error? Another article on the subject stated...

"This article was amended on 16 December 2013 to include Amazon's statement that the removal of the animation was because of a database error. It was further amended on 17 December 2013 to add that Amazon says the error was unrelated to Disney's request."

http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-disney-christmas-tv-special-prep-and-landing

Seems like Disney got bad press and tried to make things "right" to save face. I love this quote:

One customer told the blog Boing Boing that the company gave him a different reason: "Amazon has explained to me that Disney can pull their content at any time and 'at this time they've pulled that show for exclusivity on their own channel.'"

So yea. You can call it a "database error" if you like. :)

Eh, we'll never really know what happened. I'd like to think Disney aren't so retarded that they wouldn't realise that pulling content people paid for would cause a shit storm, regardless of what the EULA might have said. If someone sued them, I think Disney would have trouble defending pulling content without warning.

Maybe Disney are that retarded and didn't realise until after they'd done it how stupid of a move it was, or maybe it was genuinely a mistake where it was supposed to be removed so that no one new could buy it but someone screwed up and made it so people who had already bought it couldn't access it either.

Well all you get when purchasing software is a right to use it for as long as the corporation allows you to. They can remove access to said product without reimbursement on a whim. I play F2P games and online only DRM games also. I also take into account the fact that I am renting intellectual property, and not owning it. So before I decide to spend a dime on it, I look hard and long at the corporation behind that product and decide if they are trustworthy.

I was just pointing out to the people anticipating this title, actions the parent corporation Disney recently took with other digital media. They can make their own decision if it was warranted, a mistake, or spiteful. :)

Well all you get when purchasing software is a right to use it for as long as the corporation allows you to. They can remove access to said product without reimbursement on a whim.
The EULA might say that, however I don't think it has ever been tested in reality. I have a feeling no company with brains actually wants to test it because they'd be worried that if someone sues them, the judge would decide that it's unreasonable to have a "we reserve the right to fuck you over" clause in a contract. I'm of the opinion that companies include such things in their EULA's to cover their arses if something goes wrong or if in the future they need to take down servers for one reason or another, not to intentionally remove products from paying customers who will then hate them forever and not buy any further products.
I was just pointing out to the people anticipating this title, actions the parent corporation Disney recently took with other digital media. They can make their own decision if it was warranted, a mistake, or spiteful. :)
And I was just pointing out that the article you linked was somewhat incomplete ;) Many people will come to the conclusion Disney is evil for stealing christmas movies off kids or some shit, however I thought even when the event first happened that it was probably a mistake because I don't think anyone, even Disney, is stupid enough to take something away that someone has paid for without fair warning regardless of what the EULA might have said.

The EULA might say that, however I don't think it has ever been tested in reality. I have a feeling no company with brains actually wants to test it because they'd be worried that if someone sues them, the judge would decide that it's unreasonable to have a "we reserve the right to fuck you over" clause in a contract. I'm of the opinion that companies include such things in their EULA's to cover their arses if something goes wrong or if in the future they need to take down servers for one reason or another, not to intentionally remove products from paying customers who will then hate them forever and not buy any further products.
And I was just pointing out that the article you linked was somewhat incomplete ;) Many people will come to the conclusion Disney is evil for stealing christmas movies off kids or some shit, however I thought even when the event first happened that it was probably a mistake because I don't think anyone, even Disney, is stupid enough to take something away that someone has paid for without fair warning regardless of what the EULA might have said.

Naw, Disney ain't "evil" for stealing xmas movies off kids...

Disney is "evil" for what it did to Igor Stravinsky.

I've played every star wars game known to man, disney producing this one isn't stopping me :eek:

I went into the beta with high hopes, I knew it wasn't going to be tie fighter but I had hopes it would be like rogue squadron. No it was really really bad, it was buggy enough to feel like an early alpha rather than a beta. The worst part though was that it simply wasn't fun, at all.

I really tried to like it, because hey if it was successful maybe we could have gotten a true Xwing/Tie Fighter successor sooner.

They should have studied world of tanks/war thunder/mechwarrior online to see how to do F2P vehicle combat games right.

At least disney is on the ball and not afraid to cut their losses.

Ironically, I never got into the Beta, first time that's ever happened, but I lost interest in trying to fix it afterward...

Not me, have no interest in a cheap arcade shooter, Star Wars game or not.

XWing vs Tie Fighter space simulator remake please.

That is one of my all time favorite games, I played it so much as a kid. I've wished for a remake for years!

Back