Star Control Lawsuit Settled

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by bigdogchris, Jun 11, 2019.

1. bigdogchris

bigdogchris [H]ard as it Gets

SOURCE 1

SOURCE 2

AceGoober likes this.
  2. Criticalhitkoala

Criticalhitkoala [H]ard|Gawd

As a long time starcon2 fan this makes me happy. I want to shout yehat like a pkunk. Mycon siderable puns aside. This is cool news.

3. Snowdog

Snowdog [H]ardForum Junkie

Coolest settlement ever. Basically they each get to build on their own thing, and will even help each others projects, final bullet points are icing on the cake:

IdiotInCharge and SPARTAN VI like this.
  4. N4CR

N4CR 2[H]4U

Good on them. That's one of the coolest settlements ever!

5. viivo

viivo [H]ard|Gawd

That makes me happy. It also makes me want some mead.

6. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

I'm very glad this turned out well. I really couldn't fault anyone involved, it was just unfortunate all around. However, since I've been a fan of F&P since Archon on the C64, I showed more support for their side of things. Glad both sides are happy.

7. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics I don't get it

Da fuq... yeah that is about all I can say about that settlement...

8. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Well, it is a pretty odd settlement. However, it's actually pretty close to what Paul and Fred had originally proposed, but Stardock didn't like it. Then I think (if memory serves) it swung back the other way to where Paul and Fred were being a bit bitchy. I'm surprised it finally ended, but quite happy to hear it. It would have been better if Paul and Fred could use the original game titles, but oh well, they have the good stuff. I was disappointed to hear that Stardock couldn't use any of the original characters/alien races/etc. for their game when it first got announced. That's why I've been looking forward to Fred and Paul's game so much. I want more of the SC2 story arc.